Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 AM

973 posts, read 3,304,759 times

Advertisements

I was telling this story to somone else and thought I'd share. I also thought that in light of all the depressing news lately, it would be great to focus on something funny.

Recently, I went back home to visit my parents. Hubby and I spent a couple nights at my mom's place. She graciously allowed us to sleep in her bedroom while she took the single bed in another room. We were sound asleep when this rooster started crowing. Hubby and I almost had a stroke because we snapped awake so fast. It sounded like the rooster was right next to us.

Well, it just kept crowing and crowing, hubby is cursing and I'm thinking, "What is wrong with that animal? Doesn't it know it is midnight?"

Finally, we realized that it wasn't a real rooster but but mom's alarm clock. We felt pretty stupid, let me tell you!!! Had a hard time getting back to sleep after that.

To beat it all, we forgot about it and the next night, it happened again. This time we knew what it was and I swear I thought my hubby was going to wring the life out of that rooster clock before he got the batteries out and tossed them across the room.

In between apologizing, my mom was snorting with laughter.............
I think she plans on getting me one for Christmas just for the heck of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
LOL.. most recently was a prank Livewire played on me at a Victoria's Secret store at a mall, in April of 2007. We were walking in a mall, and she wanted to go into Victoria's Secret.... well, I walked in with her and she was looking at the merchandise, when she gave me this bra. She asked me to hold the bra and stand there for a few minutes, and I got the impression that she was going to try something on in the fitting room. Sooo.. I stood there, and I saw her going towards the exit to the mall, and she was going to leave me standing there with a bra in my hand.... I sensed that she was up to something, and I kept holding the bra and ran after her.... So you can imagine what the employees would have thought when they saw me chasing her through the store, with a bra in my hand... Worse yet, if they caught me on their store security cameras, they probably use that video footage to train all of their new employees on what to do with male customers who go in there....

It was funny, and we still laugh about it, and I know she didn't mean it in a distasteful way.

I'll getcha for that one of these days!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Oh Mike that's a classic!

I did something similar to my Mom....

We were in Penny's children's department and I started looking at the stuffed animals.....she, in her silliness decided to order me to leave the toys alone(mistake #1)....

She turned her back on me (mistake #2)

I proceeded to fill my arms will the stuffed animals and started to follow her.

She turned around, rolled her eyes and started to take the toys out of my arms to put them back....(mistake #3)

I started screaming at the top of my lungs.....Mommy Mommy, you said I could have them....No Mommy No! These are mine!"

All the employees started looking at her like she was evil.

She turned bright red, stopped what she was doing, turned on her heel and left the store.

I was 42 years old. Wonder why she wouldn't shop with me for a couple of years?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 AM

973 posts, read 3,304,759 times
My mom lives in a rural area and she's is always telling me to watch me speed when I drive to her house. She says the police have several speed traps on the road I use and they don't tolerate speeders.

One day a few years ago, she knew I was coming to see her and I waited till I was near her house, then called her on my cell. I said "Mom, I'm in jail! Can you come and bail me out." Gasp!!! "Honey, what happened?" She says. I told her I was doing 55 through a school zone and got busted. She proceeds to rail at me for my foolishness and hangs up.

By this time, I'm looking at her front door. I watch her storm out of her house, ranting up a storm about my stupidity and those D**NED cops. Muttering to herself, I walk up and say...."Hi mom" She just stared and said, "I thought you were in jail." To which I said I lied just to see her reaction.

I thought she was going to beat me to death for scaring her. Good thing she has a decent sense of humor cause she laughs about it now.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Those are good stories Kali's Grandma and GizmoBizmo!

Another funny incident that a buddy of mine and I experienced back in the 1980's, we went into this bar one time after work, it was just to go in there and relax. I'm not much of a bar person, but we walked in and sat down at the bar. Then this guy sat next to me and he started a conversation with me. There was music playing on the bar's PA system, and there weren't many people in there, other than two gals who were sitting at a table a few feet away from the bar. Anyhow, this guy was carrying on this conversation, and I was just being courteous and giving him short answers, when all of the sudden he asked me if I wanted to dance with him.... I wasn't sure I heard him correctly because of the music, and I asked with an exclamation, "Excuse me?", again he asked me to go dance with him... LOL.. I politely declined and I told him that I'd rather dance with one of those girls who were sitting at the table. He then told me that we were in a gay bar... I tapped on my buddy's shoulder, and I told him "Hey Cliff, let's get the hell out of here, this is a gay bar!", I also told him about this guy, who was asking me to dance with him! LOL..

My friend drank his beer real quick and we ran out of that place as fast as we could! LOL.. I don't know how we missed it, but there was a sign at the entrance that said something about the establishment caters to those who are gay... and if I remember correctly, there was somebody, either the bouncer or some other guy that blocked the sign and we didn't see it, so we thought it was just another average neighborhood bar. It was also next to a main surface street, that had a fair amount of traffic back then, so we were also hoping nobody saw us coming out of that place and reached the obvious conclusion!

For those who are familiar with the Phoenix area, the bar was called The Camel Lounge, it was on the northside of 43rd Avenue and Camelback Rd. It closed sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's, after a Home Depot opened a store on the northeast corner. So needless to say, I never set foot in that place again!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Back when I was in college I had to walk to work on busy Rt9 in Poughkeepsie NY. It was a cold winter day so I walked quickly. I noticed most of the drivers were waving and honking their horns. I sort of walked a little taller thinking to myself, I must look pretty damn good today. It wasn't until I looked across the street that I realized Santa standing out there, waving at the traffic and the drivers were honking at him not me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics