U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,219,873 times

Advertisements

People who use hair spray in a public rest room. Are these people oblivious to the growing number of people with respiratory problems? And to do it when someone is "indisposed" in a stall and can't step away from it is just intolerable. Geez people, if you didn't put enough on at home, don't reapply it in a public facility!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 10:08 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,946,422 times
Wow you got an early jump on the thread today!
I'm going on a road trip today so I'm sure I'll have plenty of material later

Old 11-15-2008, 06:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,803,801 times
morning AliceT and StuckPA

adding perfume sprayers to the hairspray sprayers

one thing driving me nuts is the stupid banner that seems to be on almost every program reminding us of the "switch to Digital TV" that is coming next year
Also is there a competition between news channels !!! seems each has their own version of their "will your TV work " news alerts

Old 11-15-2008, 06:57 AM

42,566 posts, read 56,719,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
one thing driving me nuts is the stupid banner that seems to be on almost every program reminding us of the "switch to Digital TV" that is coming next year
Also is there a competition between news channels !!! seems each has their own version of their "will your TV work " news alerts
Even though the conversion program is exactly the same, each station has to tell it in such a way as to make it look like they really are the experts and know what they are doing. To me some make it sound more difficult than it is.
It's like those "breaking news" stories. The subject matter is the same, yet each station has to tell it their way to make you feel like they are the only ones that know what is going on. TV ratings you know so they can charge advertisers more $.
I bought 2 convertors earlier in the year and it was a simple 15 minute setup to change over to digital.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 PM

31,304 posts, read 31,106,153 times
Question Who left the WOW in the restroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
People who use hair spray in a public rest room. Are these people oblivious to the growing number of people with respiratory problems? And to do it when someone is "indisposed" in a stall and can't step away from it is just intolerable. Geez people, if you didn't put enough on at home, don't reapply it in a public facility!!
There have been times when I’ve entered a public restroom after someone else had used it and left ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,woooooooowwwwwwwwwww there should be an exhaust fan that works. I’d given anything for a can of hair spray or room deodorizer that would clear the air inside. Now that’s a problem more so then the hair spray itself.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:57 PM

42,566 posts, read 56,719,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
There have been times when I’ve entered a public restroom after someone else had used it and left ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,woooooooowwwwwwwwwww there should be an exhaust fan that works. I’d given anything for a can of hair spray or room deodorizer that would clear the air inside. Now that’s a problem more so then the hair spray itself.
You got that right, euweeeeeeeeee.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,946,422 times
So no peeves for Sunday? I know it's Sunday but annoying ****e can still happen...

I'm sick of hearing the word 'amazing'! Everything and everyone is 'amazing!'

Old 11-16-2008, 10:01 AM

Yes, I slept late. Must have had too much eggnog last night

Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Not at all. I can handle the $h!t smell. I used to have horses and pigs and shoveled it more than I care to admit. I stand by my original post - it's hairspray. Wicked stuff to those of us with respiratory problems..

Old 11-16-2008, 10:11 AM

26,316 posts, read 26,129,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
morning AliceT and StuckPA

adding perfume sprayers to the hairspray sprayers

Yeah, the fact that everyone who wants any tv at all will have to go to digital, thats the stupidest thing ever. Especially when most of what you watch is news or occaisional documentaries. Arrrrgh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics