Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:12 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times

Advertisements

People who post here, particularly in the states threads and who think they and only they know anything about the state. What train did these bums get thrown off of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 04:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
LOL-that's why I avoid certain places!!! Morning Alice.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:38 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
People who post here, particularly in the states threads and who think they and only they know anything about the state. What train did these bums get thrown off of?
Oh I hear you alice. That is why I pretty much stay away from the "state" thread.
Used to post all the time but some people just have to be the TOP bannana or a local yocal.
Some just never learn to share.
So much more fun in question of the day, cozy and pet peeves. Love the games too when I have time.
Am I bored with CD......No way. Always something to do with great people. Well most of the people anyway.

Thanks for todays peeve..............

Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
The funny thing is I've seen local real estate agents who have been nothing but helpful, then there are the other real estate agents who come to the state threads to blatantly spam the heck out of a forum.
It's important to keep an open mind when reading opinions.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:01 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
People are different and see view things about their state differently, thus there is always a verity of opinions being posted. It’s ok, until someone wants to “push” their personal opinion and become nasty about it. Simple things like when “rush” hour starts in your city and they argue if it’s at 6, 7 or 8 in the morning. No one seems to think that maybe it’s a different time on a different street from a different area of the city that causes the discrepancy being talked about. This is only an example but you know what I’m referring to. Stupid opinions,,,,, and we all have them at times. I just hate pushing people.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,864 times
I hate it when they not only act like they are the only ones that know anything BUT are mean and rude in the process.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
OK...I'll quit being bossy on the Florida thread.....

Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times
Considering moving to west virginia

See if you can tell which one gave birth to today's pet peeve. Kali, you had nothing to do with it!

Last edited by AliceT; 01-13-2009 at 09:00 AM..

Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Also a pet peeve of people in other states or cities degrading other states or cities like telling everyone how good it is where they live and how terrible it is where you live.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,660 times
I always try to give the benefit of doubt when some are doing such, sometimes they may just be know it alls within their state, region or city but after a bit of the same ol stuff time after time it does make one wonder hmmm just what might be their gain here since most times it’s the same person/persons, some don’t even live in the state but yet their name pops up in many posts almost daily.

Seems there’s always one or two in every section, I can see someone that really like their location to plug it once in a while but to bring up every single thing the place has to do, every place to eat, etc and just keep being so repetitive about it does get old and at times does make one wonder also why must they constantly be bringing things to the table as their place is the better, just makes ya wanna post hey look fella your place is ok and that’s it so let up on trying to place it in the worlds greatest places to live cause it ain’t so to each and every poster now just please go away lol.

Another that really annoys me is when those few are playing up anything and everything they can in a positive way, not one single thing is wrong with their place, along comes someone posting a few negative things which might be very true about the place and look out it’s war of the cities don’t you dare tell folks about the bad part of town of which everyplace has.

As far as the other non state sections go well some are right no matter what and will argue till the cows come home to get their point across even if it’s not even on the subject anymore, some are so strong willed/minded it’s unbelievable and like some I’ve pretty well scratched them off my look in list unless I’m really bored.

We all think the answers/posts we stick up are right otherwise why would we bother but yea some heck they’re regular walking encyclopedias, then the post your proof stuff it’s like hey why beat around the bush just come out with it and say you think the person is full of it or lying, yup life on CD is just like anything else you have those that share the playing field and a few that want the whole field to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics