Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

Yes, I think anyone getting government assist should have to pass "the test" just as the taxpayers who provide that money do...Some will wonder why, but give up their own urine anyway, and some will use every trick in the book to "beat the test".....

My grandson is a coal miner..He has never done drugs..The company he used to work for did an unusual amt. of urine tests on him..He found out they were putting other peoples name on his urine..He quit..Drugs are not tolerated underground where everyone is supposed to look out for the others...He now works for a company who do not take any chances with their employees..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 09:50 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Just another personal freedom taken. If I havent done anything wrong, why should I have to give them my urine.
Because the guy in the next cubicle is on Meth and in about 10 minutes he is going to totally lose it and decide you are a Narc. You dead.....

With a Pee Here test he would be found out and would kill someone else since he would not be working there.

It's not all about you.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy25 View Post
I totally agree its no one else's business what you do on your own time
When you walk into the workplace and sit down in the chair next to me you are on my time as well as everyone else that has to put up with you in the office.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,850 times
Well no, it wouldn't be fiscally responsible to test everyone every month, but maybe just once a year. As long as it's random, it would do a pretty good job at weeding out drug addicts. I just did the math using numbers from 2000-2002, which would be substantially higher now due to the recession. In a Michigan study, 10% of welfare recipients tested positive for illegal drugs. Assuming the percentage for Illinois is roughly the same, using a $100 random drug test for every person once a year, it could've saved the state $16,753,290. Again, the numbers would most likely be higher in these times when more people are turning to welfare.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:47 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I had to pass a drug test just like the OP. Tax dollars going to those who do not work should do likewise. I have a real problem supporting people on drugs of any kind with the hard earned dollars of the drug free working.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
I once worked for a transportation company who required a drug, hearing and sight test and did random testing. I'm all for it as a preventative measure, due to watching what happens when you wait until 'something happens.' People literally get killed. I worked there when a driver in a semi truck literally drove over the driver's side of a vehicle on the side of the road and killed the driver while the wife sat in the passenger side untouched. He had just retired the day before and they were on their way to visit their daughter.

I also drove my own car (with mileage reimbursement) all over the country on company time. It may have been MY car, but I was on their time and anything I did they could get sued for. So not only did they require drug testing, they also had a policy if you had more than 3 speeding or traffic tickets on your record you were out. That included the drivers and the entire sales force all the way up to management and the president. What you do on your own time the night before can last through the next work day.

I'm all for it for welfare recipients. I once did a side project for Social Services and had to review stacks and stacks of files of welfare abuse cases and what I read was shocking - reading about 3 year olds being beaten to death by someone living in the home that regulations say shouldn't be so there does need to be stricter enforcement of regulations and stipulations for recipients as well. Waiting until someone screws up is a matter of life and death.

Just an FYI for anyone who does not pass one, I once did a newspaper article on drug testing in athletics and discovered there are actually three levels of drug tests and companies only use level one which only inicates "drugs" in general. If you do not pass it, you can request they test you on tier 2 and tier 3, which is called a mass spectometry test which can pin point exactly what, if anything, is in the system like maybe you took a couple aspirin

Last edited by Thursday007; 10-14-2009 at 04:52 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Somebody needs to invent a drug detecting toilet. Maybe a camera system (faces only) like they use for red light bandits.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
Where have you been, nitram? I haven't seen you on in a while.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:06 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
The Job Urine Test
That's a job? you mean there's a job where they pay you to go to the bathroom?

Oh.. a test.. well, I know how to relieve myself.. I learned how to do that long time ago, I don't know why they wanna to test me..

I know one time I was at the doctor's office and somebody told me to "Urinate"... So I told him "At least I'm an eight, it's better than a 5"

Old 10-14-2009, 02:11 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's a job? you mean there's a job where they pay you to go to the bathroom?

Oh.. a test.. well, I know how to relieve myself.. I learned how to do that long time ago, I don't know why they wanna to test me..
haven't seen you in a while too, Mike. Tried to rep ya but had to spread it

play with words: the job urine...pissy job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics