U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 PM

41,387 posts, read 52,781,546 times

Advertisements

THE JOB - URINE TEST (Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I h ave no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. . Something has to change in this country -- and soon!!!!!!!

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,441,604 times
Personally, I'm in favor of stool samples. However, the real problem may be guys who abandon pregnant girlfriends, forcing them to seek government assistance.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM

26,747 posts, read 24,268,898 times
I'm opposed to forcing anyone to hand over their bodily fluids in order to survive be it holding a job or receiving assistance.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 PM

2,637 posts, read 6,219,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm opposed to forcing anyone to hand over their bodily fluids in order to survive be it holding a job or receiving assistance.
Why? If someone hasn't done anything wrong then I don't see why they would have a problem with it.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:01 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,834,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
THE JOB - URINE TEST (Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I h ave no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. . Something has to change in this country -- and soon!!!!!!!

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'
Damn I couldn't rep you again (think I just got you for the ? of the day) but what a great idea.

I have no problem with helping people out as you said, but really it is true that if you have to pass a drug test, as several people I know, to work, then people getting assistance should pass a drug test as well.

I had to take a drug test once for a job. I was pretty annoyed by it.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,441,604 times
This topic jars me. I guess cause I'm a drip. Or maybe the subject is ex-stream? But hold it--I'm willing to go with the flow. Not bad for a little squirt like me.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Why? If someone hasn't done anything wrong then I don't see why they would have a problem with it.
Just another personal freedom taken. If I havent done anything wrong, why should I have to give them my urine.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?
No. not really. How much would it cost to test every person every month 50 to 100 a shot. What they really need to do is modify and enforce welfare requirements.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM

43,856 posts, read 46,353,471 times
Actually, just a few years ago in Florida they used to for people who were applying for cash assistance. Apparently when this division of the welfare program was contracted out to a private company....they quit doing it. I assume it was for cost reasons but one would think that the initial investment would weed out so many people until it would be a money saver.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,591,756 times
'Urine or You're Out' That is a very good idea. I want to help people that need help but not if they can't pass the test. My husband has to pass a hair sample, spit and urine test when ever his company decides he needs to pass it or he would not have a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics