Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday
Happy February !!!
13 shopping days till Valentine Day

Getting ready to head out to feed my friends dog then meet our friends for breakfast but first we need to ask

Today's Question(s):

When you were younger did you ever go to Camp ?

Bonus Question:

Do you leave the LID on your toilet up or down:

(hubby & I have different opinions so gonna ask the experts)

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that had you laughing so hard tears almost ran down your face ?

Just for fun:

How many lights are on in your home right now ?

Other than if your sick, have you ever spent the whole day in your "jammies" just because ?

What was your last "late night snack"

Today in History:
1788 - Isaac Briggs and William Longstreet patented the steamboat.
1790 Supreme Court convenes for 1st time (New York City)
1898 1st auto insurance policy in U.S. issued, by Travelers Insurance Co
1949 RCA releases 1st single record ever (45 rpm)
1982 "Late Night With David Letterman," debuts on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:

victuals \VIT-uhlz\, noun:
food or provisions, esp. for humans

February is:

National Grapefruit Month - I have a ton on my tree if anyone wants some
Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month
Spunky Old Broads Month
Fabulous Florida Strawberry Month
Library Lovers Month
Potato Lover's Month

Today is:

National Baked Alaska Day
Bubble Gum Day
Hula in The Coola Day
Serpent Day

Have a great day everyone !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,418 times
Today's Question(s):

When you were younger did you ever go to Camp ? Yes. First as a camper & then as staff. I still remember the camp songs.

Bonus Question:

Do you leave the LID on your toilet up or down: Down, definately down

(hubby & I have different opinions so gonna ask the experts)

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that had you laughing so hard tears almost ran down your face ? My nephew, 2 years old, picking up half a pie and starting to eat like it was just a cookie.

Just for fun:

How many lights are on in your home right now ? One

Other than if your sick, have you ever spent the whole day in your "jammies" just because ? Yes! At school the kids earn compliments as a class and then have a jammy day, wearing jammies and slippers. Teachers wear their jammies too!

What was your last "late night snack" Icecream

Happy February!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:47 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,611,034 times
When you were younger did you ever go to Camp ?
Yes. Not a happy experience. I would never send my child to camp if the *counselors* were under 21.

Down. I don't want my dog drinking out of it and I don't want to look into that bowl when I am in that room for other things - like applying makeup, brushing teeth or bathing.

(hubby & I have different opinions so gonna ask the experts) Tell hubby that it is just as impolite to leave the lid up as it is to leave the seat up. It just looks nasty.

What was the last thing that had you laughing so hard tears almost ran down your face ?
Memory doesn't serve me quite so well.

How many lights are on in your home right now ?
Two. One nightlight that is always on and one lamp with a 25w bulb over the computer.

Other than if your sick, have you ever spent the whole day in your "jammies" just because ?
Always. If not working or going anywhere, why get dressed?

What was your last "late night snack"
popcorn

Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,577,985 times
Good Morning!
I never went to camp. parents could never have afforded it anyway. I did spend a lot of time a the local park and at St. Louis Forest Park. So much to do there.

Lid is supposed to stay down. Research says flushing toilet spreads germs into the air. You know, on tooth brushes, drinking cups, etc.

I laughed at something someone posted on CD that hard. But darn if I can remember just what it was. Maybe they will post it again.

3 lights if we are counting night lights. the 2 night lights makes it safe to walk down stairs w/o having to turn on the overhead lights.

Yes, I did. Just the other day. Never had done this before. Put sweat pants and shirt on over jammies and spent the day that way. Had nowhere to go, except take Brandi for a walk a few times. Bundled up for that!

Last night had caramel popcorn. I am addicted to that stuff. Must not buy this anymore.

Good Morning everyone and thank you karla for interesting ? o' the day.

Oh, and let's not forget...Go Steelers!!!!! Win the Super Bowl!!!!..

Old 02-01-2009, 06:43 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Today's Question(s):

When you were younger did you ever go to Camp ? Hmmmm.. I was a day younger yesterday, but I wasn't able to go to camp.. - Yes, I did go to camp a few times, when I was a kid of course.

Bonus Question:

(hubby & I have different opinions so gonna ask the experts) - A woman doesn't have me as a "hubby" yet, so the lid always stays up.. I'll keep you updated when that changes!

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that had you laughing so hard tears almost ran down your face ? It was a movie, but I can't remember the name of it.

Just for fun:

How many lights are on in your home right now ? Two... does my laptop's screen and power lights count?

Other than if your sick, have you ever spent the whole day in your "jammies" just because ? When I ran out of clean clothes?

What was your last "late night snack"? I avoid eating anything 2 or 3 hours before going to sleep, unless you call a glass of water a snack..

Old 02-01-2009, 06:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
Today's Question(s):

When you were younger did you ever go to Camp ? Yes. Once at Camp ST Monica's in PA. Had a crush on the life guard I remember. A young seminarian. I still remember after all these years exactly what he looked like and his name too. That was 52 years ago.

Bonus Question:

Do you leave the LID on your toilet up or down: By lid do you mean the lid or the thingie you sit on.
If it is the lid, I leave it up
If it is the thingie you sit on, then Hubby leaves it up sometimes.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that had you laughing so hard tears almost ran down your face ? Oh it was something at our card game last Thurs. They were laughing cuz I won and started to do opera. It cracked them up for some reason and got me hysterical.

Just for fun:

How many lights are on in your home right now ? Right now.......none.

Other than if your sick, have you ever spent the whole day in your "jammies" just because ? Yes, not often but there are a few days here and there I dont' get dressed and it feels really good. Can not do this all the time but maybe once a month or something like that.

What was your last "late night snack" Last night, popcorn

Today is:
National Baked Alaska Dayyay
Bubble Gum Day yay
Hula in The Coola Day where is don ho?
Serpent Day ugh!!

Have a great day everyone

Old 02-01-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post

Oh, and let's not forget...Go Steelers!!!!! Win the Super Bowl!!!!..
Okay, we have a little rivalry here... Go Big Red!! Cardinals!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:56 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,005 times
I always wanted to go to camp, but never got to, don't think there was one close by here and we could not afford one further away.

I did allow my kids to go as long as they wanted to and they seemed to love it....

Ah the ole toliet seats...the one in the guys bath is up and down all the time, the one in my bath stays down and if by chance it is up---I know someone has been in there

I laughed that hard during parts of a movie I was watching last night.

OH my, lights....two lamps and computer screens

I spent the whole day in my jammies just yesterday! Seriously I did....and enjoyed the heck out of it too....

My late night snacking has disappeared on me for some reason , what I used to snack on was peanut butter, it was satisfying and usually one spoonful would do and a glass of milk

Wishing everyone a wonderful Superbowl day and good luck with each of your teams..

Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,788,138 times
Good morning all... perfect day to do something in town.... while everyone will be sitting watching the TV...

Today's Question(s):

When you were younger did you ever go to Camp ? yes... scout camp.

Bonus Question:

Do you leave the LID on your toilet up or down: Lid down and seat down... (we're a family of sitters here.. yes I spelled that right)

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that had you laughing so hard tears almost ran down your face ? an email my wife got the other day about a 2 year old getting day some water... I'll send it to ya if you want it.

How many lights are on in your home right now ? none

Other than if your sick, have you ever spent the whole day in your "jammies" just because ? not in a long time... I get up go outside to do the woodstove and water the chickens

What was your last "late night snack" hehee.... peanut butter cups... they rule

Word of the Day:

victuals \VIT-uhlz\, noun:
food or provisions, esp. for humans I picture Walter Brennon hobbling away saying that

February is:

National Grapefruit Month - I have a ton on my tree if anyone wants some keep them
Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month - all other months keep them
Spunky Old Broads Month hmmm... i like them
Fabulous Florida Strawberry Month
Library Lovers Month love the library
Potato Lover's Month love the spuds....

Get outside and do something...

Old 02-01-2009, 07:09 AM

February is:
National Grapefruit Month - I have a ton on my tree if anyone wants some - My parents' neighbor have tons of them too and they're giving them away, so you got competition Karla!
Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month - Return them? I tried that one time but they didn't give me my money back for some reason...
Spunky Old Broads Month - My perfect Valentine date.. - Just kidding
Fabulous Florida Strawberry Month - I don't care where they come from, I'll eat them.
Library Lovers Month - Lovers in the library? Hmmm... I usually see lovers in other places, but I don't know about the library!

Today is:
National Baked Alaska Day - Baked Alaska? This time of year Alaska is usually freezing.. unless of course your meant Baked Alaskan (fish?)
Hula in The Coola Day - I know what a hula is, but I have no idea what a "coola" is.
Serpent Day - I'll find a rattlesnake to celebrate it with...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics