Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,605,826 times

Advertisements

At a restaurant, being seated at a table still dirty from the last patrons and awkwardly standing there until someone comes to hastily clean it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 07:23 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Oh yeah. That is pure laziness. I can wait the extra 2 minutes so you can clean it.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,671,343 times
Then they wipe the seat and continue to clean the table with the same cloth.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:43 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,393 times
This unhappy situation will probably only get worse with the cut back in the service industry.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,091 times
Here's one that usually goes hand-in-hand with Same Cloth Syndrome and the other common yucks, guaranteed to spread every germ/cold/virus... possible:

I will always look first to see if staff is clearing glassware from tables via "spider finger" method; grabbing multiple drinkware simultaneously by the rims -- where all the previous diners' mouths were. Then they go and grab "clean" glasses and settings; food... right away. "More dinner rolls, anyone?" Ewwww.
If they're allowed to do this in full view, perish the thought of all their other work "habits".
I check for this before even being seated (stalling at desk asking to "check out" menu" if I can't peek through windows first.)

A really good manager/owner will insist that no staff ever handle glasses above the lower half; silverware always by the handle.... and wash their hands with every trip from the kitchen with soiled stuff! And never lay things on seat where peoples' hineys are.

I can't stand restaurants anymore (used to work in that business and didn't even handle clean silverware without a clean side-towel.)

Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
I hate it when they try to clean the table and brush all the crumbs onto the chair or seat of a booth. Leave the table and seat wet from a dirty cloth, then look at you and say how’s that? Answer: How about a dry cloth to wipe off the dampness ~ please!

I do like those places that use a spray disinfectant on the table and seats after cleaning the area.

Ever go to a park or camping area and try to use the table and bench? Sometimes this is about as bad as people can make it. Few cleanup after themselves for others to use the picnic area.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
This unhappy situation will probably only get worse with the cut back in the service industry.
True. And they just want "bodies" to fill those spots.
The thing is, they don't want to go through the hassle of training everyone properly, so those with the know (and common sense) are odd-balls and considered "anal". But the general public does not seem to care to speak up -- or even notice -- (and then wonder why all these viruses and colds are so stubborn....), so nothing changes.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,169 times
Ahhhhh DH took me to a chinese place called China Road. And the bus guy Cleaned the table with a spray bottled disinfectant, wiped the table down. He had more than one cloth with him and was just set about cleaning the tables. I do not know because I haven't seen if they clean the chairs. BUT I've not seen a dirty chair or dirty floor there yet. OH and WE both totally enjoy the food and atmosphere.

Peeve is as mentioned in Alice's topic starter, but also HATE the restrooms dirty, empty T-P or soap.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
Lightbulb stay out of the office

Another peeve!

I was feeling very good and healthy for several weeks. Yesterday I went to the doctor’s office for a yearly checkup and evaluation of my health needs. Everything was good and there were no problems.

Today I have a bad head cold and cough, is there any connection about these events?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:31 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,184,209 times
my pet peeve is the patrons of restaurants (or any other place ) who use the bathroom, use the paper towel option instead of the blower, and can't seem to hit the trash can that is right next to them to dispose of their paper towels.

SLOBS !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics