Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 AM

432 posts, read 1,659,539 times

Advertisements

The college that I used to go to had three celebrities that was going to have a speech about Barack Obama:Kal Penn,Olivia Wilde,and [I forgot I have to check with someone I know,then I'll update]

The last person should have been Tatyana Ali.

After,I saw a poster that said that she will be in the cafeteria campaigning,but I took a nap instead. Darn,I took a nap and missed seeing her.

Oh,yeah. I met and greeted Nelly the rapper,but I had to pay a VIP package,though. I don't know why my 7.2 megapixels camera didn't take a really good shot,maybe I used the zoom function too much.

I have to mention that if anyone know a video game franchise known as Final Fantasy. Well,there is going to be a concert in which you can buy tickets (limited numbers) to meet the composer Nobuo Uematsu and the conductor Arnie Roth at a post reception! I might go buy the most expensive ticket,so I can meet them in person,then again I want to find anyone that would want to pay a $125 USD ticket,though!

Please note:I don't care if you guys believe me or not,but remember that I have nothing to gain from lying and it is silly to lie about small things.

1.What celebrity did you met in person?

2.How did you met them?

3.In addition,you can tell us about an opportunity that you could have met the celebrity in person,but chose not to go see the event.

4.You can tell us about a future event in which you think that you can meet the celebrity in person!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Please note:I don't care if you guys believe me or not,but remember that I have nothing to gain from lying and it is silly to lie about small things.

Meeting celebrities doesn't mean enough to me to accuse someone of lying over. They're just people like us.

The only one I can think of (will list others later if I remember any) you and most probably don't know--Billy Preston.

2.How did you met them?

Participated in an art contest where you had to make a poster welcoming him when he arrived at the airport for a concert. I won. Had my pic taken with him but don't know what ever happened to it. Also won a dinner and a fancy restaurant and limo ride there.

3.In addition,you can tell us about an opportunity that you could have met the celebrity in person,but chose not to go see the event.

I saw Axl Rose and his wife walking through the Seattle Center one morning with their arms around each other--looked real cute together--and we three were the only people there so far--or in sight, anyway. They looked at me out of the corner of their eyes as if wondering if I recognized them, or, maybe as if they were thinking, "I dare you to come and invade our privacy". I just kept walking.

Could have invaded Al Jareau's privacy at the airport but chose not to.

4.You can tell us about a future event in which you think that you can meet the celebrity in person!

As you might have guessed by now, I'm not into invading their privacy so if I saw one I probably wouldn't do anything. Unless it was Bono (U2). He'd never be safe from me. I'd have to say hi to Sade or Seal too. No mercy.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
I met Ozzy Osbourne in 1981, guitarist George Lynch in 1985, vocalist Rob Halford of Judas Priest numerous times in the 1980's (he's a part time resident in the Phoenix area) and I remember around 1983, we saw a famous movie star at a grocery store in southern California, I think it was around Malibu beach, and I can't remember who it was. We knew it was him and not a look-alike, because a couple of people were talking to him and he sounded like the actor as we walked by him.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 02-06-2009 at 10:40 AM..

Old 02-06-2009, 09:55 AM

432 posts, read 1,659,539 times
It would be funny if I didn't know that if the person in front of me is a celebrity or not and walked up to them. Before I know it,I would be in a stranglehold by a bodyguard,lol.

I know celebrity are people like us,not an alien from Mars,lol. It is just that different forms of media affect your life with information about different celebrities. Surely,there would be someone that you would eventually be interested about.

Note:Post picture with you and the celebrity if you still have them...

Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORGUSX View Post
It would be funny if I didn't know that if the person in front of me is a celebrity or not and walked up to them. Before I know it,I would be in a stranglehold by a bodyguard,lol.

I know celebrity are people like us,not an alien from Mars,lol. It is just that different forms of media affect your life with information about different celebrities. Surely,there would be someone that you would eventually be interested about.

Note:Post picture with you and the celebrity if you still have them...
Yep, listed them.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Let's see.... I met David Frost back in the early '70's at Tiffany's in NYC. I met John Davidson (a singer/actor. He was host of the Hollywood Squares for a while) when I was 12 in Ottawa, ONT for a concert. Got autographs from both.

Met a then-famous boxer at a resort in the Catskills. He was one of 2 brothers who'd boxed in the Olympics. Can't remember his name.

Partied with the Kingston Trio 2-3 times in UPstate NY.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Let's see-

Marilyn Monroe in the Hamptons when she was married to Arthur Miller.

Gary Cooper who used to stand in line at the movie theatre in Southampton.

The Gabor sisters while working as a teen in hosp. in Hamptons.

John F Kennedy at the Carlisle Hotel in NYC during Cuban missle crises.

LBJ as a campaign aide.

Tony Bennett at a mall in NJ where he was signing his art work.

William F Buckley who told me I was "most beautiful." I swooned.

Paul Newman on 5th Ave in NYC.

Muhammed Ali in a restaurant.

NY Giants Harry Carson at a wedding. NJ Jets Wayne Chrebet at a wedding at his home.

Years ago the Fruit of the Loom guys at a party in Greenwich Village.

Henry Ford attended same church and borrowed $$ from my Dad for the collection.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 02-06-2009 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
George Hamilton and Jon Lovitz - met them in restaurants in LA dining at tables across from or next to me.

John Davidson - met him on Catalina Island (California) while he was walking around promoting his show back inthe 80's.

President Gerald Ford and Betty Ford - We all live(d) in the same area. Before he passed away we'd see Pres. Ford (with secret service) at the video store, at Vons, golfing. We'd see Betty Ford lunching with her friends (and secret service) at different restaurants and we'd see the both of them together at charity events. The Fords attended the same church as some friends of ours. They were celebrities, yet very nice, down to Earth people. They were locals - just like the rest of us desert rats.

Jack Jones - golfs with my husband and we are in the same social circles.

Most of the dancers on Dancing With The Stars - because I compete in ballroom and see them at the competitions and have taken master classes with almost all of them.

Evander Holyfield - he was two rows in front of us at the movie theater in LA.

Martin Sheen - My husband represented him in a federal case.

Cher and her mother Georgia La Pear-Holt - Georgia lived a few doors down from us and walked her dog every evening. When Cher would visit she would walk in the evenings too. She seemed friendly enough.

Benji and Lacey Schwimmer and Heidi Groskreutz from So You Think You Can Dance - My kids and I train with them. I've known all three of them since they were little kids.

Mary Bono-Mack - Was in Women Leader's Forum with me here in the Coachella Valley.

I know there are more, but can't these are the people who come to mind right now.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Casious Clay in Las Vegas (before his name change) Doris Day, making a movie in our town, Peter Fonda, in Monument Valley making a movie, Bob Barker, interview in NYC, Steve Allen, interview in Los Angeles, Vickki Carr, went to same school and met in Phoenix years later, Luis Gonzales, AZ Diamondbacks, photo op.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Most of the NASCAR driver both past and present
Dan Haggarty (Gentle Ben)
Oak Ridge Boys
Deborah Raffin
lots of others

2.How did you met them?
NASCAR drivers Friends with some....then they are friends with some...then they are friends with some.
Dan Haggarty-He rides a bike and we've done some fund raisers with him.
Oak Ridge Boys-hung out in a mutual bar when they were in town.
Deborah Raffin-she was or might still be a spokesperson for American Red Cross-my family has a long history with AMC
Lots of others-I worked in a hotel that housed the actors performing at the Celebrity Dinner Theater. Some might remember me some not.

Because of my work schedule during speedweeks I miss a lot of these.

Nah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics