Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Got a picture today of our new "grandkitty". It looks like it may be a month or more before we actually get to go down and see her.
Ahhh she is so cute. Looks like my little kitties mama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Thumbs up Tue 2-10-2009 ~ another good news day

After a rainy day and evening this morning the sun is out shining and the clouds are moved away. Looks like it’s going to warm up and dry out a little. I uncovered some of the plants because I worried about frost last night, but things are going well and getting better.

Mrs. Ak and I have a late afternoon meeting and then we are planning on going out for dinner this evening. I’m looking forward to spending time with her were we can relax and not be distracted by the normal everyday issues.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
What a wonderful thread..Thank you, Aksarben..I accidentally ran across this as I was thinking about deleting everything in my profile and calling it quits..Here is some good news from me..

My Grandson, Michael (who some of you know is a quadriplegic) called me with the good news that he is on the Deans List now..Michael is in his third year of college and studying to be a Psychologist..It has been a long rough road..His accident was in August of 01..from fighting for his life, to GED classes, to earning his associate and now in his second year to his bachelor degree..Yes, it has been almost nine years, and has taken him a bit longer than if he were fully functional....I'm sooo proud..and thank God daily for the many blessings he has given to Michael and those he inspires daily...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,785,246 times
What great news finding this thread!

It is pouring down rain here and will for the next 24 hours! So I can pack all the books I have so carefully sorted into moving, storing, or gifting. I have a lot of books!

A few years back, a man found my cell phone and called the number labeled "Mom". When I got home Mom had left me the funniest message on my land line. She had called my BIG brother and my BIL the lawyer and informed them a strange man called saying he had found my cell phone at a remote airstrip. She told me to call them and then call her to explain. I had taken the Grandkids to a hot air balloon show. They were all on the west coast and my phone and I were in Arkansas! A little memory that always makes me laugh!

The goods news is that Mom is still active and alert and Mother Hen forever. I think I'll call her since I still can.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
The sun is shining, the skies are blue and clear, and I have family and friends who love me!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Thumbs up Helping someone have a better day with 12” of cord.

Yet another good news day for someone!

How many times we see something and never react? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve driving by an accident when things are under control and I didn’t see that I could be of help to others. However this morning after running a few errands I drove into an adjacent neighborhood before returning to my own. As I turned onto the side street I saw a car that was stopped and a lady who seemed frustrated with something. The only thing that looked out of the ordinary was the hood on her car, yet I didn’t see any indication of an accident anywhere around.

I stopped ahead of her car and walked back to see if I what might be her issue. I found that while she was driving on the major street (about 45mph) the hood opened and hit her windshield. No damage to the glass window but the hood showed signs of damage and was unable to close and remain down while she attempted to drive home.

With luck I had a heavy cord in my truck that I was able to use to tie down the hood so she could continue her drive home. She was very frustrated and upset because of driving while this happened to her, and basically didn’t know what to do and had no phone to get assistance. The want for 12 inches of cord to tie down the hood was all that she needed to get her back on her way and how fortunate that I had what was needed ~ it was the only thing I had with me.

Her day went from a bad one to a little better one now that she was on the road again. I reminded her how she should be thankful that she was able to pull off the main street without hitting anyone else or having more damage to the car. She wasn’t injured and the only problem was a hood that could be replaced later.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I checked my bank balance and had $45 more than I thought due to a rebate that finally came in. Now I have some extra money to buy the grandkids something special for Valentine's Day. It may sound like a small amount to most people ....but with my income....it was a big unexpected deal!!

Old 02-10-2009, 02:08 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Reading all your good news, no matter how big or small makes me feel good! Thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,794,241 times
I finally got a package in the mail that I've been waiting for since December

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
my tax refund was deposited today.......yay....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics