Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,476,710 times

Advertisements

DJH...has entrusted me with the Happy things thread today.......

I'm picking puppies and kittens. They are a lot of work but it just so much fun to watch them discover new things.

And nothing is better than coming home and they greet you like you're a rock star.

What's your happy thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 AM

973 posts, read 3,294,885 times
I have to agree with the puppys and kittens. They always make me smile.

Now if we could only get our families to greet us with as much enthusiasm when we come home each day.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,302,083 times
Here's another vote in favor of our furry four-legged family members. They exemplify the kind of unconditional love that we should all give but so seldom do.

Our little tuxedo-clad feline recently developed a new way of greeting me when I come home from work. There's a 5-foot-tall bookcase right next to our front entryway hall, and an easy chair right in front of the bookcase. As I head for the front closet to hang up my coat, Mr. Tuxedo hops up on the chair and from there to the top of the bookcase, where he stands purring and chirruping at me. As I walk back past the bookcase after hanging up my jacket, he walks right off the top of it onto my shoulders, where he settles down, purring like a jet engine and rubbing his cold whiskery nose in my ear, telling me all about how much he missed me all day long and how glad he is that I'm home at last.

What a great thing to come home to!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,106,328 times
You've got a cutie!

Mine greet me with meowing & ankle trips guiding me over to the catfood box & letting me know they only tolerate me because I feed them. LOL!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,776,280 times
MidwesternBookWorm that sounds like quite the welcome home!! What fun.

Our Blue Heeler dog spins around in circles when my husband comes home or when she is very happy. I want to film her wild spinning for Begging Strips and send it to that company. She really makes us laugh. I told my DH I was sorry I just didn't get that spinning feeling when I saw him! LOL

Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,892,121 times
When the kids moved out, I let them take their individual pets (dog and cat). I'm still contemplating whether to get a new pet for myself or not. Maybe a little fru-fru dog of some sort that I can spoil.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
bjh

59,746 posts, read 30,185,187 times
Thanks so much for starting the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I'm picking puppies and kittens. They are a lot of work but it just so much fun to watch them discover new things.

And nothing is better than coming home and they greet you like you're a rock star.

What's your happy thing?
Pets are such an added joy to life. I had the good luck to be raised in a pet owning family and have continued the tradition as an adult.

I love the complete honesty of animals. Too bad we can't make them the lawyers and politicians!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics