Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want your friend to tell you about this “special meeting”?
Yes,,, let me know ~ that’s what friends are for. 4 36.36%
No,,, I don’t want to know about it from them. 2 18.18%
Just wait for the hammer to fall and know nothing 2 18.18%
Hope that I don’t read about it on CD forums 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times

Advertisements

Oh,,, some of you are being too careful and I do understand. However let’s take a twist on things for today’s “what would you do”.

If you missed Wednesday’s you might want to read it first before checking this one out.

//www.city-data.com/forum/other...o-wed-2-a.html

What would you do? Thur. 2/26/09

Instead of you catching someone else, they see your spouse or “significant other” out having fun on what looks to be an embarrassing date in a romantic place. They spot them and watch carefully as things continue on with the other couple (your spouse + someone) and you don’t know anything about this “special meeting” of theirs. It appears that cheating is indeed going on and is without a question in your friend's mind.

Should your friend tell you about this event that they had seen? You become a victim in a different way now. So do you want to hear it from your friend or would you prefer to know NOTHING about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 03:37 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,532 times
See... I didn't post up my feelings on yesterday's (but I did vote) but I will now. I'd tell someone. Not in an accusing tone... just to let 'em know. And if it turns out to be innocent, than it's innocent. And if it is innocent, than a rational person isn't gonna go postal on me for bringing it up.

But if it's not, than that person has a right to know. Gawd forbid their spouse was cheating on them... well, they have a right to know that 'cuz where ever their spouses "privates" have been... they get to go there too... if you get my meaning.

And I'd like someone to tell me.

Last edited by canibeyou; 02-26-2009 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Typos :)

Old 02-26-2009, 03:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,202,674 times
I've always read that it is not good to tell your friend, BC if they get back together, you will be odd man out- no longer considered a friend. That said, I indicated that I would like to be told.

Maybe the right thing to do is to talk to the cheating spouse and let them know that he/she needs to come clean with their partner or you will.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,470,523 times
I would absolutely want to know. Despite the fact that it would hurt and I'd be angry as he**, I would want to know. If the positions were reversed I would tell my friend. She could do as she wished with that info, but it is her right to know.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
I wouldn't tell, and I wouldn't expect anyone to tell me if they saw my spouse cheating on me. What if I don't believe them? I don't know, I would just rather find out on my own.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
I would rather find out on my own, I wouldn't want anyone else involved in their murder

Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 PM

36,410 posts, read 16,018,728 times
If you knew me, you would want to tell me. My friends would have to tell me, that's just how they are and I would want to know!! They would have to tell me, because of me, because of how honest and caring I am, they wouldn't want to but they would and I would respect them for that.

I can't explain it, I would have to know and would want to know. It would end right there for he and I!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 PM

Red face .

Why do I hear all the keyboard clatter and typing, ~ because everyone is heading to the other forums to find out if someone posted anything about their significant or spouse?

Stick around,,,, this is only to find out "what would you do". Although Mrs. AksarbeN has been calling me on the phone more often then before. Does she know something I don't Not her nor me

Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 PM

Thumbs up Not for two 20's

I am blessed ,,,,, Mrs. Aks would laugh about a friend reporting me to her and reply that he’s too old and stupid to get involved in another relationship. Probably he’s working out the plans for our 40th anniversary that’s coming up in several months. LOL… and that would be the truth. I wouldn’t trade her for two 20’s,,,,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics