U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:24 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,545,736 times

Advertisements

So, be honest, what are the differences in your online persona versus your real life persona?

For example... IRL, I'm pretty quiet if I don't know ya. I like to blend in, go unnoticed. I definitely DON'T talk to people I don't know (as in, starting a conversation with them... like I'm doing here ). I'm not rude or impolite, but I'm not the "go out and meet new people" kinda person.

So how are you different when you're posting on the internet?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM

5,258 posts, read 8,593,276 times
no difference for me. what you see is what you get

Old 03-06-2009, 06:55 PM

25,712 posts, read 25,713,147 times
Im just me and talk to everyone, and if someone doesnt start a conversation with me somewhere first (on the plane, in the grocery store, at work), I will. But in turn, I like to listen too.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:58 PM

5,258 posts, read 8,593,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Im just me and talk to everyone, and if someone doesnt start a conversation with me somewhere first (on the plane, in the grocery store, at work), I will. But in turn, I like to listen too.
On that note...

...hi Livewire, nice to meet ya!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,646,578 times
In real life, I am not fuzzy!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM

28,736 posts, read 43,787,174 times
In real life I've never met a stranger, say what I think, and have a sense of humor that most people don't understand.

I'll let you decide how different I am.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,529,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
So, be honest, what are the differences in your online persona versus your real life persona?

For example... IRL, I'm pretty quiet if I don't know ya. I like to blend in, go unnoticed. I definitely DON'T talk to people I don't know (as in, starting a conversation with them... like I'm doing here ). I'm not rude or impolite, but I'm not the "go out and meet new people" kinda person.

So how are you different when you're posting on the internet?
I'm like this too...too shy growing up, and now I'm not so shy but still find it hard to approach new people. My husband is the one who can start a conversation with anyone...so here on CD, I guess I am more outgoing!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM

13,138 posts, read 38,546,155 times
I hope the same as i'm a happy go lucky dude wko likes ''cheesy'' things, music and people (That's why i luv the cheesy 80's ). Lots of LOL's in my life .

Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,391,102 times
Less likely to talk in the real world. I have a very small social circle outside work. I tend to find it too much trouble to socialize with people I have little in common with . I also find most people to not be anything remotely like they lead you to believe they are. I have my girlfriend and three close friends I can trust. My favorite thing about being online is if a conversation starts you can choose to get involved or choose to pass. If you get caught up in an uncomfortable situation in person the pressure is on to respond. Too many people are too caught up in their everyday drama to be true friends anymore. I get looked at like a freak because I refuse to own a cell phone. There is no enjoyment talking to someone who continually interupts your attempt at a conversation to answer that ALL IMPORTANT ringing thing hanging at their hip. I love my group of friends that can have a blast without the drama most people seem to live for.
No I'm not a negative person, I'm just old fashioned.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
NCN

21,148 posts, read 23,680,661 times
I am pretty good at reading between the lines and I think a lot of other people are too. This is my fun time in retirement. I probably enjoy myself too much. I get to let my hair down here more than I would ever be able to do in my community. And I enjoy every minute of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics