Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:46 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,569,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Do you hang your toilet paper so it's in towards the wall.... or out away from the wall....... same goes for the paper towel.... which way is correct ?

If the arguments at your house have gotten to this point, it's time to consult a divorce lawyer I like my bathroom tissue to be away from the wall towards me.

How many men does it take to change a roll of T.P.? Nobody knows as it has yet to be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 PM

941 posts, read 2,294,701 times
I make sure to never run out

Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,708,686 times
It always goes on the holder so that the paper is "over the top" not under the bottom.

Under the bottom is for "after" you have taken several sheets off the roll for use, ~ then it's under the bottom!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,320,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It always goes on the holder so that the paper is "over the top" not under the bottom.

Under the bottom is for "after" you have taken several sheets off the roll for use, ~ then it's under the bottom!

Same here.

Over the top.

I cannot stand for it to be the other way and if I encounter it this way I will take it off and fix it.

Same thing for paper towels if they are on the roll however I have a vertical paper towel bar now, and in this case it dispenses the paper towels from the RIGHT.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,708,686 times
I know that this is a “touchy” topic but it’s definitely “over the top” for the paper. The logical reason is that “under the bottom” allows for users to attempt to grab at paper and their hands, fingers, and finger nails are all over the wall around the holder and under it while attempting to get a few tissues for use. Nothing more frustrating then seeing those marks on the painted or wallpapered wall made by a person in need and they are in a hurry. Scratches, tears in wallpaper, and marks all over the wall under and around the roll of paper when the “end” of tissue is hiding under the roll.

Over the top means “no guess” work needed to find the end of the tissue.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,508,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I know that this is a “touchy” topic but it’s definitely “over the top” for the paper. The logical reason is that “under the bottom” allows for users to attempt to grab at paper and their hands, fingers, and finger nails are all over the wall around the holder and under it while attempting to get a few tissues for use. Nothing more frustrating then seeing those marks on the painted or wallpapered wall made by a person in need and they are in a hurry. Scratches, tears in wallpaper, and marks all over the wall under and around the roll of paper when the “end” of tissue is hiding under the roll.

Over the top means “no guess” work needed to find the end of the tissue.
Yes, what AksarbeN said 'above'. Ha, pun??????

Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 AM

3,672 posts, read 10,555,940 times
This was the topic of the very first thread I ever read on City-Data. I responded with Top then and I still say top now. I was assailed with cries of no from the cat owners, yet I persist! Kitty lovers opinions are of no matter to me. Let the kitties run off with the roll for all I care.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:47 AM

44,520 posts, read 61,120,497 times
Polls on this subject showed the majority of people preferred over the top. Over the top keeps the tissue away from the wall or cabinet and e-z to grab. Under the bottom, those with long nails, could easily scratch their cabinets if that's where the roll is mounted.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 AM

656 posts, read 2,732,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Do you hang your toilet paper so it's in towards the wall.... or out away from the wall....... same goes for the paper towel.... which way is correct ?
Rep point for starting this thread

Yes this is one of two questions that always keeps me awake at night.
Question one, is there a God! and
Question two, how to arrange your toilet rolls (Over or Under)
Not sure which troubles me more So to answer your question
Aesthetically it looks better to have it Over
But remember gravity will make it spin out faster if its Under (yes its a hard question)
It all comes down to what our looking for in life
Looks all performance I guess ? Hope that helps

Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,617,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
As long as there is toilet paper I don't really care lol
LOL...........this is how I feel. I have know people get in some heated arguments over this issue. The split and didn't speak for years.

What bothers me is when the paper is in such a way, you can find the end or it sticks and you can get what you need without practically ripping the darn thing off the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics