U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,076,574 times

Advertisements

Don't know where Karla is. This is a replay from 2008 NO PART OF THIS QUESTION CAN BE CREDITED TO STUDEDUDE. IT IS THE WORK OF KARLA WITH A K

Todays question Sunday 4-06-08
Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday, I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far
We had some pretty heavy rain yesterday here across FL good thing I got the lawn mowed early, though with all of that rain and the warm temps expected this week that stuff is going to really grow yup I will be spending lots of up close and personal time with my mower each week from now on oh yay lol

So in honor of one of the "todays in history" I have to ask

Todays question:

What is your favorite snack cake thingy ?

tee hee you really didn't think I was going to ask about beards or cellulite now did you

Today in history:
April 6, 1722 Peter the Great ends tax on men with beards. hmmm ok then

April 6, 1869 1st plastic, Celluloid, patented.
lol when I first saw this I though it said "cellulite (yeah sleepy eyes with no glasses) and I though
dang someone patented the stuff well ,I know quite a few women that wished it had never been "discovered"

also on this day

April 6, 1930 Hostess Twinkies invented by bakery executive James Dewar. now your talking !!

Word of the day:

importunate \im-POR-chuh-nit\, adjective:
Troublesomely urgent; overly persistent in request or demand; unreasonably solicitous.

Today is :

National Caramel Popcorn Day
and
National Knock Your Socks Off Day
It is also
National Gardening Week

Last edited by studedude; 04-06-2009 at 08:54 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 AM

8,672 posts, read 21,477,589 times
Actually, the only snack cake thingys I eat are Weight Watchers and I prefer the lemon. I used to like the carrot cake ones, but I'm tired of them now.

Where IS Karla?????

Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 AM

Actually Karla was going to be gone for a while and Alice filling in. Who's missing Karla or Alice

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,578,157 times
Thanks for taking over this morning, Studedude! It's rainy here today after a nice sunny weekend...but at least it's not snow!
Todays question:

What is your favorite snack cake thingy ? I love the Little Debbie oatmeal creme pies...yummy! I found a healthier version in Mrs Freshley's Yogurt Oatmeal Cremes...and I can't tell the difference at all so I am thrilled about it!
If I had any in the house, I'd go eat one right now, but payday isn't until Friday so I'm stuck without them. Oh well!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 AM

33,787 posts, read 14,462,022 times
Hey studedude, my favorite cake thingy is homemade fudgy brownies, don't eat store bought cake snack thingys. Use to love Hostess chocolate cupcakes as a kid though

Thanks for filling in!! Where is Alice?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 AM

8,176 posts, read 17,702,810 times
I'm sure there's a copywrite infrigement going on...but what the hey I'm a rebel...I'm game!! lol

Todays question:

What is your favorite snack cake thingy ? Used to be Hostess Suzy Q's...now I'd have to say the Swiss Cake Rolls.

April 6, 1930 Hostess Twinkies invented by bakery executive James Dewar. now your talking !! and the original is still fresh!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,738,674 times
I'm confused. What am I doing at work if it's Sunday?

I don't eat store bought cakey things. My grandmother used to buy me chocolate eclairs & those were good.
Yesterday I had chocolate lava cake...delicious!

National Gardening Week... Wish it were warm enough to garden!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,204,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Actually Karla was going to be gone for a while and Alice filling in. Who's missing Karla or Alice
When Karla asked me to fill in, she said she was going to be gone from the 2nd through the weekend. Silly me, I assumed she was referring to just one weekend. I'll continue to fill in for her until she advises she is back - if that's what the majority wants, If not, I welcome others to step in and play Karla if they want, all ya gotta do is say so and I'll step to the side.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I'm sure there's a copywrite infrigement going on...but what the hey I'm a rebel...I'm game!! lol

I gave the original author credit.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,068,802 times
What is your favorite snack cake thingy ?
I like the King Dons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics