U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 AM

5,683 posts, read 9,785,041 times

Advertisements

My happy today is people who stop to say "thank you."

Everyone has work to do every day, whether at home, at school or in the professional world, and at some level, we are all compensated for our work. That compensation can come in the satisfaction of raising healthy children, or in gaining greater knowledge and mastery of a skill, or in the form of a paycheck.

But, compensation aside, it's still really nice when someone else stops to express appreciation for the work I do. Hearing the words "thank you, I really appreciate what you did with that project" energizes me to work harder, no matter how tired or frustrated I might have been a moment before.

What is your happy on this fine Thursday, on this or any other subject?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:29 AM

8,177 posts, read 17,582,647 times
This is a good one.
We forget sometime to do this.
I was out of the office unexpectedly last Friday (thanks allergies ) and my co workers did a project for me.
Altho everyones job description has the caveat...'fill in where needed" it's not required.
I made sure I thanked them and got the biggest smiles in return.

That's all I needed.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 AM

15,972 posts, read 8,603,588 times
I want to say how happy I am about a "phantom repper" in these parts....

If you're reading this, you are a hero and I would never want your identity revealed!

Long live the "phantom repper"!!!!!!!!!

~Mo

Old 04-09-2009, 11:21 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,510,713 times
My happy today is that my dd got the part of Sakagewea (i'm sure spelling is off) in her school play! She was so excited about it, she practiced half the night last night! It was funny, though, she said "The only bad thing about is that I am 16, pregnant, and have to hug a boy!"

So, I told her that she better watch out, because now all the boys will be fighting over who gets that part!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:15 PM

6,351 posts, read 20,463,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
My happy today is people who stop to say "thank you."

Everyone has work to do every day, whether at home, at school or in the professional world, and at some level, we are all compensated for our work. That compensation can come in the satisfaction of raising healthy children, or in gaining greater knowledge and mastery of a skill, or in the form of a paycheck.

But, compensation aside, it's still really nice when someone else stops to express appreciation for the work I do. Hearing the words "thank you, I really appreciate what you did with that project" energizes me to work harder, no matter how tired or frustrated I might have been a moment before.

What is your happy on this fine Thursday, on this or any other subject?
AMEN!!! Years ago, Master Sergeant Kennison taught me that saying "thanks" either verbally or on paper, costs nothing but is worth a fortune! I sure have enjoyed taking his advice over the years...

Toaday was one of those days that I was just glad to be behind the wheel and not behind a desk!

Last edited by Crew Chief; 04-10-2009 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: "Speling"...

Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
bjh

44,875 posts, read 27,063,995 times
Yes, it's good both to give and receive thanks now and then.

I'm happy that I live in a place where most people are more courteous and kind more of the time than in my previous city of residence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics