Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,883 times

Advertisements

"Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

Please pass this along if you agree or simply Delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Something has to change in this country and soon!!!!! "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,732,227 times
Default Don't go putting your hopes on peeing in a bottle

Maybe you didn't know it but they have a ton of ways to cheat and get around urine tests.

One guy flew B-52 bombers for years and used drugs. Tons of cops and firemen and whatever are using drugs and passing drug tests. You might ask how but it is pretty easy. Even if they stand and watch and really inspect the chassis, they are still doing it.

One common trick is to use a minor child of the family for the whiz.

One EMT in Boston died of a drug overdose and had just passed a drug test the week or so before. They apparently had started to go to testing hair samples because there was so much cheating going on. The pee in a plastic bag somewhere on your body, very thin clear tube. The sample will be hot just like it should be.

I used to have to witness some of those tests. Had to check I saw the actual equipment, no more private anything. Got so bad, they finally had the Corpman only do the witness and had to have a short arm inspection prior. The females can be even tricker to catch.

Where there is a will there will be a way.

Last edited by Cosmic; 04-12-2007 at 03:58 PM..

Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,920 times
Not a bad idea, do it random so they have no idea of when or where, estimates would be 50% reduction in checks going out i would bet, but you would have the goodie two shoes rights people crying foul so it would never fly probably.

Take it one step further & the gov set up contracts with certain food chains in areas for the food stamps so there's no trading stamps for cash deals that go on constantly, they have to deal with those food chains only to get ther food, would work for a while till they found ways around it.

There will allways be the loopholes people find & use in the programs but with random pee tests it sure cuts down on the cheating.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:14 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
I can't believe you posted an email forward as a thread. It's practically like posting spam. Posting this on a website will not change anything. If this really bothers you, you need to call/write your rep. and congressperson. Or at least write your own original post if you really want to discuss this.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
My dad sent me that email like three times already! I hate it when he send me all this stuff with an "agenda".

Old 04-12-2007, 04:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Well, I didn't see the e-mail, but I am on the lefty-list. But I think it's great idea. Yeah, there are ways to get around it, but using a child's urine is a criminal offense- and they have fake penises and things and stuff you can drink. But if you're subject to random tests, it makes it harder to jump through those hoops.

Junkman- finally something that we agree on!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Wow, that is like putting the kids pee in your bottle.......

Yeah, we are getting a test. This only a test....... This is only a test............. In the event of a real emergency you would have been given instructions to Duck and Cover.

Wow, canned warmed over email and I already had supper. Yum, give for me more.

Well maybe it is better than peeing in the park or on your neighbor's left front tire or up against some wall.

I just hope this is clearly understood in the contextual phraseology requiescence to phrenic vassalage.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:09 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Or better than a fire hydrant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Yeah, we are getting a test. This only a test....... This is only a test............. In the event of a real emergency you would have been given instructions to Duck and Cover.

Wow, canned warmed over email and I already had supper. Yum, give for me more.

Well maybe it is better than peeing in the park or on your neighbor's left front tire or up against some wall.

I just hope this is clearly understood in the contextual phraseology requiescence to phrenic vassalage.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:12 PM

Default O God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Or better than a fire hydrant!
Will I ever be forgiven? I just wanted to see what it felt like. Why do they have that look and lil body quiver? Ok, I now know, but I ain't sezing.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:23 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test

Sorry to hear you have such a crappy job dude.

I have a personal policy: I will never have a job that requires me to a)pee in a cup b) subject myself to a credit check, c) involves a 10-page "application".

Simple theorem: the more "hoops" to jump through to gain employment, the crappier the job.

plaidmom<----closet libertarian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics