U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:09 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

47,644 posts, read 27,538,814 times

Advertisements

Lower gasoline prices!

I'm glad that the price of gasoline is not as high as it was last year. It got up to just shy of $4 a gallon last year where I live and lived. It got higher than that in some places, and while I'm sure that we would all like it to be lower than it is now..I am happy that it is not another $2 per gallon like it was in early and mid 2008.

I don't like that it is creeping back up from a few months ago, but am still glad it is hitting our budget less severly this time around.

What's making you happy?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 AM

114,769 posts, read 61,444,410 times
Oh!! Crap this is my 34th wedding anniversary!! Oh no !!! I forgot!!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:35 AM

5,683 posts, read 9,863,203 times
Happy anniversary, satx56 - and I'm sure you'll have time to get out bright and early this morning to find a surprise for your beloved!

My happy thing today is that the Dane County Farmers' Market moves back outdoors for the first time in 2009. As soon as we're both up and dressed, my spouse and I will head downtown to stroll around the Capitol Square, looking at the heaps of early vegetables, the bunches and flats of flowers and the displays of cheese, in between people-watching. The usual Farmers' Market crowd here includes college students, hippies, families, and old folks doddering around the Square holding hands (we fall into that final category) and it's as much fun to watch all the people as it is to shop for fresh food straight from the people who produced it.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:48 AM

26,209 posts, read 26,067,766 times
Ive never seen Madison in April, but can imagine its just as fun as any other time of year. Cant wait to see WI again!
Last time i was there, a friend of mine and I were walking around near the university and we were approached by someone asking for a cigarette but he called out to us 'hey, husband and wife, can I bum a smoke?'. We turned around to tell him we didnt smoke but where the heck did he get the idea we were married....we werent even walking close enough to each other to even look like we knew each other....??

Old 04-18-2009, 11:47 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,005,193 times
satx...no you didn't forget, you just remembered it. Now for a surprise.........right?????

Old 04-18-2009, 12:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 23,324,913 times
So far what made me happy today is that I just finished cleaning the screened in back porch..Everyone thinks it is a junk room to throw anything they don't want to clean up and put away..Its allll gooone now..I went through there with a large contractors bag and filled it with their junk and set it with the other trash, before cleaning the rug and freezer and MY stuff up Now off to the laundry room..there is "stuff" in there too..(evil laugh emoticon here)

Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM

1,641 posts, read 4,826,406 times
I'm going to make fried chicken for dinner. Just the thought of it makes me very happy!

Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

47,644 posts, read 27,538,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Oh!! Crap this is my 34th wedding anniversary!! Oh no !!! I forgot!!
If you mean Saturday, you're all right.

If you mean Friday......duuuuuuude, as a Cali surfer dude would say!

MBW I'm glad spring is coming to WI after all. REading about how our northern neighbors grow fatigued with the winter reminds me of how happy I was to see spring come when I lived in NY.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:11 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,579,727 times
My happy today is that DS went to his first soccer game of the season and had a great time...he even make 2 goals. So his reward was playing at the playground at the park, which he just loved.

I also get to go out to dinner tonight with some neighbors...so I had to add that I LOVE my new town and the fact that I've lived here just over a year and can already say I've made some friends. Also happy that DH is staying home with the kids since we couldn't find a sitter. He's so wonderful!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 PM

43,855 posts, read 48,169,558 times
I worked until noon then went shopping at IKEA. Last time I ended up finding what I wanted at WalMart....but this time I found some cool new stuff at IKEA that I wouldn't find elsewhere. It is glorious shopping in Orlando. They have every thing here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics