U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:35 AM

5,683 posts, read 9,802,395 times

Advertisements

My happy thing today is the genuinely helpful customer service and sales professionals of the world.

My spouse and I recently bought a new kitchen appliance, and the part the process we dreaded the most was dealing with a pushy sales person. We knew what we wanted, and we didn't want to feel pressured into buying something different (more expensive) than our preferred item.

When we walked into the store, which was a regional retailer rather than one of the big boxes, we were astounded and delighted to be greeted by a respectful, NON-pushy sales professional who took the time to find out exactly what we wanted and why we wanted it, and then not only helped us find what we were looking for but suggested an equally viable option that was $100 cheaper.

The positive experience continued when we went to the customer service area to conclude the sale. The customer service professional greeted us by name, congratulated us on our purchase, and took the time to chat just a bit as she concluded the transaction. We felt like valued friends rather than inconveniences.

It was a genuinely enjoyable experience, far, far different from what we had expected. We'll be back to that store again, and we'll look for that same sales professional again, the next time one of our appliances decides to quit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 07:54 AM

8,177 posts, read 17,608,834 times
Oh good one!
I was in customer service for years so I'm probably a little more sensitive than others.

I love getting service like this!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,514,804 times
Oh, I am so with you on that one! My last car buying experience was surprisingly good - that really had the potential of being bad. My car that I WAS driving was broke down at the dealer shop, and I was "done" with it (if you know what I mean)! I happened to know one of the salesman - I used to work with him years ago. I ended up leaving my car in their shop, he gave me a more than fair trade in, and was just great to work with! I was in no position to buy a car, but felt like I had no choice. He found me a good car for a reasonable price, and none of the "back and forth" crap! It was really nice to have an experience that is normally not pleasant, even when you're not in the situation I was in, turn out so good! Next time I need a car, that will definitely be the first place I go!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 AM

297 posts, read 579,361 times
Tried to rep ya but I gotta spread it out! Really good...nothing quite like a knowledgeable and professional salesperson who has both the ability to assist and a sense of timing/tact.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:55 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,555,187 times
Tried to rep ya too but gotta spead the love more too! I had a similar experience in January when I bought my daughter's "big girl" bed. Went to a regional store also and got great service...explained how much I wanted to spend and he was not pushy at all...he only showed me sale and clearance items. So nice compared to when I bought my bed!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:30 PM
bjh

45,492 posts, read 27,164,860 times
Great customer service really makes you want to go back to that store.

If it's a big ticket item that you don't buy often, then it's good to let other people know about the smaller businesses so they can stay in business until you need them again.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 PM

16,491 posts, read 23,148,701 times
My happy thing is that in 10 days I will be divorced from the worthless piece of skin I have been married to for 23 years!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 PM

2,046 posts, read 883,250 times
My happy thing is that I just walked (nearly) 3 miles with my dear husband in the Relay for Life to celebrate him being cancer-free for 1 year and 7 months. I also walked in memory of my mother, and in honor of my brother, mother-in-law and father-in-law. We need to kick cancer's butt!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:55 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,280,138 times
My happy thing is we made it to Arkansas! No problems. Of course I had to threaten to leave them several several times but other than that no problems!
Yall have a good weekend.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:19 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,515,919 times
Since we are new residents and based on a neighbor's recommendation, I chose to have a local (vs. big box) carpet vendor install carpet. I am thrilled with the workmanship and care and concern shown to our family by the employees of this store. To show my appreciation in return, I offered to them to use my name to other newcomers to the area. I know they don't need recommendations for potential local folks as locals already know what great service is provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics