Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,486,746 times

Advertisements

People who are honest!

Many of us have had an experience with someone being honest, and their honesty helping us out. I once dropped my check book on a floor in a mall and was about to walk away from it when someone pointed it out to me.

The other day we were at a restaurant and a woman left her wallet/pocketbook (holds cards and money thing in a purse) on a table and left without it! I let the cashier know. She put it behind the counter with her for when that person realized her error.

Maybe that is a way of "paying forward" in a non-monetary way.

Have you been the beneficiary of someone's honesty, stranger or kin?

Or, this is your chance to brag, what was your good deed?

Or what else makes you happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,651,354 times
Honesty is the best policy! I had an experience with this not too long ago. Myself and my daughter were in a pizza parlor, and went up to the order desk. I looked down and saw a $100 dollar bill on the ground at my feet!! I will tell you honestly, this was at a time that we really could use the money...... I thought for a couple seconds, and decided that I needed to be a good example for my daughter, and gave it to the order desk.

I somewhat kicked myself about it later, thinking the guy at the desk is probably out partying with it! But then I also had to think, what if the person that dropped it needed it to pay rent or something, and now was out of luck??

I guess I had to look at it that I was honest about it, and if the next guy wasn't, that's his problem, not mine!!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,486,746 times
Good for you, when i was a kid and a store forgot to charge my mom for some towels, she went back in and paid for them. The staff was surprised. I still remember her honesty though.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,350,591 times
My happy thing today was getting to a work task that I usually don't get to tackle until about the fourth or fifth business day of the month, and it went amazingly smoothly and well! I can't think what's wrong this month, I feel so much more on top of things than I usually do at this point. But I'm liking it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics