Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM

44,534 posts, read 61,175,738 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
So have you ever been told you "remind folks of someone famous". Yes, Dick Martin of Rowan & Martin's Laugh In.

Do you see the resemblance? Yes, some similarity.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing that happened to you,that would of made a funny "You tube" video? Can't say on CD.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever attended services in a House of Worship other than the Faith you follow? Yes, I've attended several different church's for comparison of ideologies.

Extra Just Because Question:
In honor of Repeat Day

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat? So many days I'd like to repeat. The one day would be, wow, this is a hard question, maybe my birth date so I could start all over again.

Just for Fun:
Would you rather be on a:
Reality Show...depends on the show.
Cooking Show...I don't cook.
News Show...could do it.
Game Show...I'm a gamer.

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb...yes, and love the rhubarb pies and the rhubarb sauces.
Fennel...no
Pork Rinds...use to eat them all the time years ago.

Today in History:
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris. Thankyou displayer.

Word of the day:
espy \ih-SPY\ , transitive verb:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd. A word used a lot in crossword puzzles.

Today is:
National Egg Day...cluck cluck, cluck cluck....aahhh, fresh egg.
Repeat Day...echo echo echo......
Tattoo Day....have one already...
National Itch Day...scratch scratch scratch....
Repeat Day...echo echo echo scratch scratch scratch cluck cluck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM

17,833 posts, read 32,998,989 times
almost forgot to answer

Today's Question(s):

So have you ever been told you "remind folks of someone famous"

Pattie Duke or Sally field when they were younger

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that happened to you,that would of made a funny "You tube" video ?

Last week I was mowing the lawn now I am a tad anal about the lines being straight so in the smaller spaces occasionally I will backtrack the mower, I was doing this and backed right into the cable box which is about knee high so I ended up sitting down pretty hard on the box

I am also sure had anyone had a camera this past winter when I was trying to wrap our 12' grapefruit tree when a hard freeze was expected There I was on the highest rung on a ladder in 30 mph winds with 8 clamps hanging from my shirt trying to drag 4 queen sheets sewn together over the top of the tree

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever attended services in a House of Worship other than the Faith you follow ?

I was raised Lutheran, Many of my friends growing up were Jewish so I have attended services in synagogues with them as well as being invited to share Seder at their homes.

My MIL is Catholic so I have gone to Mass with her a couple times

One of the most beautiful weddings I have attended was celebrated at a Greek Orthodox Church

In honor of Repeat Day

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat ?

I would love any day with my Mom & Dad who passed away many years ago

Just for Fun:

Would you rather be on a :

Reality Show- maybe as long as it wasn't one where they made you eat yucky things
Cooking Show- me the selective eater rofl
News Show - woudl only last a couple mins after I suggest cut the drama give us the facts
Game Show- As the host !!!

Have you every tried:

Rhubarb - no
Fennel- grow it but never have tried it
Pork Rinds - actually if they are the plain ones there not bad very much like crispy bacon

Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,465,203 times

Yes

Do you see the resemblance ?

No

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that happened to you,that would of made a funny "You tube" video ?

I will never tell...

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever attended services in a House of Worship other than the Faith you follow ?

NA

In honor of Repeat Day

Yes. The day we decided against buying the farmland that is now directly under the largest shopping mall in our state.

Just for Fun:

Reality Show
Cooking Show
News Show
Game Show

Game show. Win money!

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb
Fennel
Pork Rinds

Yes. Yes. Yes

Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,622,942 times
Hi karla and everyone.......

Your entitled to sleep in every now and again girl
Today's Question(s):

Do you see the resemblance ? well I have been told I resemble a few but they don't resemble each other.
someone told a while ago I looked like Shirley McLain. It was around the eyes.
Another said Loretta Lynn.....that was because of the high cheek bones.
I did see the resemblance of each at one time but not now.
My cheek bones have taken on a life of their own. LOL!!

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that happened to you,that would of made a funny "You tube" video ? falling down the steps on my SIL's ship 3 years ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever attended services in a House of Worship other than the Faith you follow ? yes I have and I"m very opened minded with this. I believe God is God and he created so many different religions cuz he loves to be worshiped in many different ways.

In honor of Repeat Day Oh yes..........I repeat and repeat and then repeat somemore.

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat ? probably several but a day I spent with my mom before she got sick. It's one of my fondest memories. And I still miss her.

Just for Fun:

Reality Show
Cooking Show
News Show
Game Show
now your talking. How about family feud?

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb Don't like rhubarb....too stingy
Fennel Love the taste of fennel
Pork Rinds
yummy but too fattening for me today.

Today is:

National Egg Day hold the egg.
Repeat Day hold the egg......opps repeating myself again
Tattoo Day been wanting one and in my old age I just may get one.
National Itch Day scratch, scratch and more scratching...
Repeat Day[/quote]hold the egg. did I say that before?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,909,880 times
So have you ever been told you "remind folks of someone famous"? YEs. A model named Paulina Porizkova.

Do you see the resemblance ? Yep. Looks like we were separated at birth.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that happened to you,that would of made a funny "You tube" video ? I slipped on a hillside while doing yard work and landed on a rake. LOL My shin looks like it has golf balls shoved under the skin, the bruises are that bad. 'Course I had to laugh.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever attended services in a House of Worship other than the Faith you follow ? Services, no. A wedding? Yes... and it took for.ev.er. *yawn*

In honor of Repeat Day

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat ? I'm sure there is but I can't think of it.

Just for Fun:

Reality Show
Cooking Show
News Show
Game Show Gah... I HATE being in "the spotlight". I'd rather sit in a corner and just observe.

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb
Fennel
Pork Rinds
None of those!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,404,946 times
No

Bonus Question:
Probably last Thursday at one of my grandsons graduation when I was in a hurry and fell "UP" the first step leading to the row of seats we had My leg bled and swelled and hurt all through the ceremony..

Extra Credit Question:
I have no problem worshipping with others..I believe there are members of the "church" everywhere

In honor of Repeat Day
The day I saw my first grandchild born..That feeling of joy was a glimpse into heaven

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb yes
Fennel what's that?
Pork Rinds yes

Old 06-03-2009, 01:36 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,938,757 times
Congrats to all the Overstock gift card winners! I was surprised to see how many I "know" !!

I use rolls of paper towel in my van to act as spacers for over sized or odd-shaped flower arrangements. They can be mushed around as a support, & I can tear off sheets quick if I need to dust off lily pollen, etc. Yesterday after a funeral delivery, I stopped to get gas & opened the side door to grab a paper towel to wipe my hands.

Pulled away not realizing that roll had rolled right out the van with the first sheet end stuck inside. I actually made it to the street light when a guy pulled up next to me pointing & laughing. The roll was destroyed, but still together, like one big long weaving rag! I can't believe it didn't rip apart - if only someone had filmed it, I could send the video to the paper company for a commercial!

Many times. That is something I find very interesting: how different cultures and people worship their God.

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat ? YEP....

Reality Show
Cooking Show
News Show
Game Show - I think this is the only one that wouldn't have me in handcuffs!

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb
Fennel
Pork Rinds ......all three.
But I won't be running out anytime soon for more.
I think my dad used to make German cookies with fennel...sort of a liquorice-anisette taste, I think?

Word of the day:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.
Like the word! How do you decide on these, Karla?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,938,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
So have you ever been told you "remind folks of someone famous" Sadly Lassie
Do you see the resemblance ?Sadly yes.....

Oh Grannie, why the long face?

In Ireland a lady deemed a "Lassie" is a huge compliment!
And even tho we know you are kidding; Lassie was the most beautiful dog around back then.

(........Wasn't she played by a male dog for a time? )

Old 06-03-2009, 02:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,359,728 times
So have you ever been told you "remind folks of someone famous" No - see I'm unique lol

What was the last thing that happened to you,that would of made a funny "You tube" video ? Getting all wet in the last water balloon contest I started with DH on Monday Well, he got wet too, so we're even now

Have you ever attended services in a House of Worship other than the Faith you follow ? No.

In honor of Repeat Day

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat ? Yes, my wedding day.

Just for Fun:

Reality Show
Cooking Show
News Show
Game Show
Wouldn't want to be shown on TV but I would like to be on a cooking and a game show nevertheless.

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb Yes, delicious!
Fennel Yes, but don't like it very much.
Pork Rinds Yes, in China, not very taste.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,838,093 times
Woo hoo I felt like such a "proud Mom" when I saw so many of our "question family members " listed on the newest CD list of Gift Card recipients !!!
http://ts1.images.live.com/images/th...c21fe732eb6199 (broken link) I am sad I did not win a thing....

but I am a good sore loser.... To be able to say......

Today's Question(s):

sure http://ts2.images.live.com/images/th...149bb2709fc6c6 (broken link) a Goddess

Do you see the resemblance ?

all the time...

Bonus Question:

Trying to test drive a car with Mr. "I Believe Myself to be a Comedian" Car Salesman trying to be ohh not so funny.

Extra Credit Question:

Yep... Still want to to go to a Hindu wedding ceremony and hang with the Dali!
http://ts4.images.live.com/images/th...f1aa6184df2ad6 (broken link)

In honor of Repeat Day

Is there one day in the past you would love to repeat ? I never like to repeat myself it seem to redundant.

I never like to repeat myself it seem to redundant.

Just for Fun:

Reality Show
Cooking Show
News Show
Game Show

I'm more a No Show type.

Have you every tried:
Rhubarb Mom makes the best Phubarb Custard pie.... but I don't care for Rhubarb
Fennel Mom likes fennel... I can take it or leave it.
Pork Rinds LOVE PRs.... plai or BBQ dipped in sour cream!

Today in History:
1851 - 1st baseball uniforms worn, New York Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt and blue long trousers
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1

Word of the day:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.

http://ts3.images.live.com/images/th...f73d435669d54a (broken link)

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics