Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 04:09 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

59,731 posts, read 30,177,339 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was a beautiful and sunny day, not too warm or too cold. We went to some friends' place and got to "meet" their horses.

Animals are always fascinating and fun, especially if you can interact with them a bit.

What animals do you like? Or do you wish you could at least see in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,300,729 times
Ah, nice one, bjh! I was a horse-mad girl, like so many are, and spent many a long hour trying to figure out a way to A) build a stable on the back of our garage, and B) convince my parents that having a horse in suburbia was a reasonable and good thing to do. The folks were able to pay for me to take riding lessons for six months, and those Saturday mornings remain some of my favorite childhood memories.

Creaky knees and an artificial hip have long since brought my horse-riding days to an end, but I still love looking at the lovely critters. I'm glad you had a chance to meet some in person!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,474,205 times
I'd like to see all of them at least once.

I'll stick to cats and dogs to own tho.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:04 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,966,257 times
I am a cat person. I do like watching ravens and magpies. There is a moose that often stops by my house to visit.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:32 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,640,637 times
I like viewing the wildlife that comes to our house! We get deer, elk, bobcat, foxes, turkeys, and even the occasional bald eagle. We have been told that there are cougars and black bear up here, but I haven't come face to face with any (I'm okay with that).

I wish I would have gotten a picture, but one time I looked outside to see my cat and a deer making friends! It was so cute, they were sniffing noses, and then my cat started rubbing on the deer's leg! Unfortunately that cat was too friendly, and didn't make it long out in the country! Not all the animals around have the same reaction as the deer did!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

59,731 posts, read 30,177,339 times
I wish that had been an indoor cat, dsh.

I don't think I'd want to own a horse either, Granny Sue. They are like boats. People don't realize teh expense involved until they're in deep water. Or in the pasture in deep......um, you know.

Glad you got those memories, Mwbw. That kind of stuff sometimes sustains us when we look back.

Alaskan Mutt do you really have a moose visitor? Can he see Russia from your house? j/k

Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,875,005 times
I just got rid of the kids living with me....the last thing I want is another thing to feed and clean up after. Might change my mind after being alone in the house awhile.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:07 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,966,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I wish that had been an indoor cat, dsh.

I don't think I'd want to own a horse either, Granny Sue. They are like boats. People don't realize teh expense involved until they're in deep water. Or in the pasture in deep......um, you know.

Glad you got those memories, Mwbw. That kind of stuff sometimes sustains us when we look back.

Alaskan Mutt do you really have a moose visitor? Can he see Russia from your house? j/k
Moose pass thru my front yard almost daily in the winter time. A couple winters ago it snowed before I got around to closing the gate to my back yard. This one moose started sleeping back there. It seems to like it there as it keeps coming back. Will usually lounge around for 3 or 4 hours then leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics