Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Today is bug/insect day at camp, we will be going out into the gardens in search of the different insects that live out there
lol I have to remember to bring sneakers for this part
We will also be teaching them about the fascinating world of Bees, Garlic guy to bad you don't live closer you could of been one of our guest speakers

Well I guess I better get moving so I won't be late so lets get started on

Today's Question(s):

OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about?

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ?

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to __________ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ?
Are you a fast or slow eater ?
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ?
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?

Today in History:
1860 - U.S. Secret Service created
1938 - Marineland opens in Florida
1979 - Rock group, the Knack releases "My Sharona"
1979 - Charlie Daniels Band releases "Devil Went Down to Georgia"
1980 - "David Letterman Show," debuts on NBC-TV daytime

Word of the Day:
Pul*e \PYOOL\ , intransitive verb:
To whimper; to whine.

note had to add the * because for some reason it **** it
Today is:
National Pecan Sandy Day
Typewriter Day
National Pink Day
Let It Go Day
Yo-Yo Day
Public Service Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? Not sure. I don't think I'm a whiner. Now, wine's another story.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? I watch the news at 4 a.m. Does that count?

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? Yeh, right!

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to __________ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging". Spending 2 weeks with my mother.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Tons of books and baskets, a cast iron dutch oven, a duffle bag, and a couple things I can't remember all got dropped off at Goodwill last week.
Are you a fast or slow eater ? I'm neither slow nor fast; I'm half fast. (think about it!)
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? a job 6 years ago
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? Devil. But now I won't get My Sharona out of my head, thank you very much.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:06 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
What was the last thing you were interviewed for?

Our local newspaper was doing a story about recent retirees who were still in the work force as part time temporary employees. I was working for a temp agency for about a year after retiring from full time work and the agency thought I'd be articulate enough to speak to the issues - and represent them well. The local reporter interviewed me and printed the story, including a nice plug for my online flea market

Old 06-23-2009, 06:09 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Good morning all...

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? Whatever it was, it was something to do with my husband's move to OK - either how much I'll miss him, or how much something he did irked me LOL
What late night TV do or did you watch ? nothing on a regular basis but i'll watch letterman, conan, ferguson, daily show, colbert report if i'm in there then and depending on who they have on

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?

When it comes to describing these past few months the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

What was the last thing you donated ? skills
Are you a fast or slow eater ? deceptively fast
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? my new volunteer position
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? today...my sharona

Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

If a person alone in the forest whines, but there was no one to hear him, did he really whine?

Bonus Question:

I usually watch a movie

Unless he was like 10 years old when he started the show, I would have to say I was born before

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to _getting up early_ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

An almost brand new pair of 150 dollar boots that just did not want to break in for me.

Lightning fast

Has been a long time since I interviewed for anything. Now being given the third degree is a totaly different story

Is there third choice by chance

Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

Only ONE thing??? Aww, gee....

I think the last thing I was whining about was the new marketing manager who came on board recently with my employer. He knows his particular industry well, but he most assuredly does NOT know our company, its policies and hierarchy at all. I sent him a polite request last month for some information (which he's required to provide) about his division's budget for next fiscal year. He didn't reply. I sent a reminder. He still didn't reply. On the day of the deadline, I went in person to ask him for the information. His response was essentially, "I don't have to answer anything you ask me, I was waiting for the company president to ask me."

Yes, the company president asked him. And then told him that the next time I ask a question, it had d*** well better get answered without having to bother the president about it.

Whine, whine, whine..... But I feel better now!

Bonus Question:

None. I don't watch any television.

No clue, I don't know what this is or when it started. I'm guessing I'm probably older than whatever show this is, because I don't think many TV shows have been running for over half a century, but couldn't say for certain.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to
reconciling variances between the perpetual inventory total and the ledger total the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

We make Good Will and St. Vinny's trips regularly. I think the last lot included clothes, a chair, and some electronics that we weren't using any more.

I developed the habit of eating quickly when our kids were small, and unfortunately have never managed to relearn the gift of eating slowly, even though said kids are now in their 20s and no longer living at home.

The job I currently have, about 4 1/2 years ago.

Sorry, I've never heard of either. Now, if you ask me to pick between Bach's Fourth Brandenburg Concerto or Beethoven's Choral Fantasia, then I'd have a question I could actually answer - though picking between those two would be a serious challenge.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:20 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Good morning! Question of the day:

What was the last thing you were just a little bit (or a lot) whiny about? Drivers who don't know how to use roundabouts, had one put in a half mile from my place and have had a few wrecks in the circle.

What late night tv do you or have you watched? Generally anymore I'll watch a movie till midnight, that's about it. Don't watch Conan or Letterman. Guess I'm in a rut!

How many of our posters were born after the David Letterman show first aired. Not me- I'm older than old!

Extra credit question: When it comes to BEING A MECHANIC the one word that comes to mind is challenging.

Just for fun:
What was the last thing you donated? Hardback and paperback books, clothes I've outgrown, and other items to the Salvation Army a coule months ago.
Are you a fast or slow eater? I would say slow.
What was the last thing you was interviewed for/ Man, we're talking dark ages here, have to think about that one!
The song "My Sharona" or "The Devil Went Down to Georgia? The Devil Went Down To Georgia!

National yoyo day! WOOHOO! had lots of Duncan yoyos as a kid, only have one these days, it's my 50 year commemorative Roswell UFO convention "glow in the dark" yoyo. Yippee!

Have a good day people!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:38 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,957 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

I was a bit whiny about the things I had to sacrifice doing in order to study. I felt really rude turning down invitations and probably whinged a little to let people know I would really rather be having fun with them.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? I am usually answering these questions late at night, the TV is always on in the background. At the moment there is some show on about interior design, I never really take any notice of what's on, it just feels too quiet and lonely with silence.

Tell me when it first aired and I'll let you know.

I just looked at the today in history and no, I was born before 1980

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to fighting against my own insecurities the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? I donated a lot of furniture and clothes when I moved to Queensland 2 years ago. More recently than that I gave my car to a young couple who were having a baby and couldn't afford one.

Are you a fast or slow eater ? just average I think
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? A job interview in Queensland.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? I think "My Sharona"

Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

I'm always whining about money, or the lack of it...poor-mouthing

Bonus Question:

I watch back to back episodes of Friends

I wish

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to exercising the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ?....money to Christian cause
Are you a fast or slow eater ?.................depends on what I'm eating
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ?...help with Medicare Part B
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?....definitely My Sharona....I love that song!!

Today in History:
1860 - U.S. Secret Service created.............shhhhhhhhh
1938 - Marineland opens in Florida...............Yay!
1979 - Rock group, the Knack releases "My Sharona"....I remember!
1979 - Charlie Daniels Band releases "Devil Went Down to Georgia"....yep, these are homegrown boys
1980 - "David Letterman Show," debuts on NBC-TV daytime.....he's so goofy

Word of the Day:
Pul*e \PYOOL\ , intransitive verb:
To whimper; to whine.
I need to stop this.

note had to add the * because for some reason it **** it
Today is:
National Pecan Sandy Day.......ok, I'll take 'em
Typewriter Day..........................what's this?
National Pink Day...................Yay! I love pink and will wear it today!
Let It Go Day.......................I learned to make that everyday.
Yo-Yo Day..........................nah, I'd probably hit myself in the head.
Public Service Day ..............pffft....tell that to the "public servants"

Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times

Today's Question(s):

OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? It was day before yesterday but it was done playfully so I can't remember.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? Used to watch Johnny Carson. Haven't been into late night tv since he left.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to _stepping back from your grown children's drama_ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? clothes and household stuff
Are you a fast or slow eater ? Depends on if I'm on the run
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? a job
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? ugh Can't stand that tediously repetitive My Sharona so I guess the other

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics