U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:27 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,981,515 times

Advertisements

I'm sure everyone has but theres this one science test in Year 11 (two years away from graduation) and I copyed the person next to me and got 5 easy credits ...

Looking back at it now it really didn't matter that I cheated, didn't really mean too much in the long run.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,611,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I'm sure everyone has but theres this one science test in Year 11 (two years away from graduation) and I copyed the person next to me and got 5 easy credits ...

Looking back at it now it really didn't matter that I cheated, didn't really mean too much in the long run.
Second half of the question. Did you copy from someone who knew less than you did?

Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 AM

8,178 posts, read 17,084,623 times
Sad to say but I'm sure I did.

It's not until you're mature do you realize that you're really only cheating yourself.

I have a friend that cheats at solitaire.....I'm like...do you think you'll get caught?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 AM

25,708 posts, read 25,068,168 times
No, I never cheated o any test. Studied what I could, and if it passed, great, if not, well, at least we tried.
I didnt like history classes and almost never passed. But then....oops, I never went!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM

2,043 posts, read 4,632,186 times
Yes I did. In math class, ALL THE TIME...

Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,466 posts, read 6,461,521 times
I believe I remember a couple questions yes that I looked for help
thats all your gettin from me and to be truthfull I cant remember exactly with any accuracy at all.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:37 PM

6,559 posts, read 6,706,699 times
Cheat is such an ugly word. Lets just say I employed creative exam taking methods.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,076,369 times
My father was the principal of my middle school. He kept all his teachers versions of textbooks at home with tests and answers inside. I copied one of his Earth Science teacher's multiple choice exams one too many times. I could memorize like twenty or more multiple choice answers easily. I would make sure to miss at least 3-4 questions on each test. I was a solid B+ student of my own making. That solved my playtime schedule.

Well, somehow they found out and tricked me on the last exam. I ended up getting only about 3 -4 answers correct out of 25. I got caught and had to do summer work and retake the class. Plus some other horrible stuff. I of course deserved it.

The funny thing is, I could have more easily just read the chapters and learned some cool stuff but no, I had to learn the lesson of values, ethics, character and morales that summer. No baseball for me.

Plus: I had my dad for my eighth grade english teacher. He had narcolepsey and would fall asleep during class occasionally. Fun times.

Last edited by RMoore007; 07-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 PM

66 posts, read 139,196 times
This should have been a poll. Wouldn't it have been fun to see the answer in numbers?

Sure I cheated. Who cares. You remember the old Simon and Garfunkel song where Paul Simon opened the song:

When I think of all the crap I leaned in high school
Its a wonder I can think at all
Though my lack of education hasnt hurt me much
I can read the writings on the walls

Man ain't that the truth. Since schools only want to teach crap that I did not care about and knew at a young age that I would never need that crap, I just did what I had to do to get by. In those days one could graduate with all "A"s as well as all "D"s.

Everyone has their methods to cheat. I had the very best. Parents dont let your kids read this: On test day I wore a pocket shirt. I placed my microscopic notes in that pocket. If I leaned forward that pocket would open up and I can just look right down into it and read my notes. If Teacher would start to walk in my direction I would just sit up slightly or pull my shoulders back a bit and my pocket would close right up concealing the note.

For those wishing to tell me I cheated myself. I can tell you I have had the last laugh.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM

9,362 posts, read 23,446,463 times
I could never had been called the model teen. I broke many rules and many laws. But never cheated. I did many things that are considered much worse, though. Will not elaborate here, but many things. I don't know why cheating was never considered. And I was not an "A" student by any stretch.

I never cheated in board games either. This thread has made me wonder why cheating was so taboo for me. I think it must have been BC I learned from early on that if you cheat (in a game, in school, in life), you have not earned it.

(Just responding to the OP, NOT judging here! Just a weird incongruity with so much of my behavior when in school.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or