U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you let this guy do dental work on you?
Yes 1 7.69%
No 12 92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM

28,785 posts, read 49,204,486 times

Advertisements

I would never let anybody work on me in a dirty garage let along a person without a license.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A man was held Wednesday on charges that he performed dental work on customers without a license in his "filthy" garage, authorities said. Roger Bean, 60, was arrested Tuesday and held on $6,000 bond.

Bean performed denture fittings and made false teeth in his garage, charging just $200 for a full set of dentures, a procedure that typically costs more than $2,000, authorities said. But he was not licensed to practice in Florida.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's detective Don Zumpano said there were "health risks with operating this type of facility outside of your house," adding that Bean's workspace was "filthy."

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...0425-599475935
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 10:29 PM

14,495 posts, read 24,425,574 times
ok- before I opened this thread I even guessed he was probably in S Florida-OMG.

They also had the plastic surgeon impersonator with botox treatments which I believe injured a few people, fatally.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:31 PM

14,874 posts, read 38,398,229 times
Thats nothing. A few years ago some guy here in Dallas got busted for operating a Gynecologist practice out of a STORAGE UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

It was only after some women complained that they thought he "touched them inappropriatly" that he got caught. He had an ad out and all. So you call a new doctor to get a gyno check up and you pull up to the office and it is located at a storage facility and you STILL GO IN!!!!!!! I don't know which one is dumber.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Rou

8 posts, read 17,522 times
ok, even though I answer "NO" to this question, I have to say that he is not licensed in Florida, but it does not say he was not qualified. I know, illegal to practice without a license...but there must have been people out there that could not afford the normal $2000 fee they would have been charged. Yukky to have gone into a dirty place to get the work done, but some would take that risk in order to not be forced to make the choice to have teeth in their mouth or buy food for their families.
Just throwing the other side of the coin in there.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:53 AM

19,117 posts, read 25,030,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Thats nothing. A few years ago some guy here in Dallas got busted for operating a Gynecologist practice out of a STORAGE UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

It was only after some women complained that they thought he "touched them inappropriatly" that he got caught. He had an ad out and all. So you call a new doctor to get a gyno check up and you pull up to the office and it is located at a storage facility and you STILL GO IN!!!!!!! I don't know which one is dumber.
lol, true mom.
and the "free pelvic exam" sign at the side of the road, shouldve raised a red flag!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:16 AM

13,622 posts, read 22,320,652 times
There's definitely something major wrong about any person who makes an appointment with a Dr.or Dentist and finds them in a garage, and goes in!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 AM

2,639 posts, read 2,623,042 times
I believe the answer to this is a no brainer, but people are stupid.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 AM

792 posts, read 2,950,547 times
The answer is obvious, but the point should be made that I think a reasonable point-of-view could contend what this so-called dentist did not to be illegal what so ever, so long as all the patients were consenting adults. Let's face it: one less licensing fee, less tax revenue collected by your wonderful local and state governments. $$ talks long before ethical concerns and the like. From a libertarian point-of-view one could also make a sound legal argument (though it certainly would never fly in today's oft-illogical judicial & legislative environment), that the state is not qualified nor authorized to oversee, nor set parameters as it pertains to dental procedures and licensing....and the list could go on and on well beyond the dental profession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or