U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 02:04 PM

14,499 posts, read 25,619,859 times

Advertisements

I find it offensive that a marketing co for funerals mails unsolicited info to people homes.

If it is tv (like that horrible Mickey Rooney commercial)- we can turn it off but it is rude and inconsiderate for a company to mail this junk.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM

2,970 posts, read 12,926,230 times
It may be junk for you but "just in time" for someone else. :-) I agree that it is tacky. If it were presented in a tasteful manner then it wouldn't be so offensive, would it?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:46 PM

Okay sunny :-) - bad choice of words - oh help me - I am laughing so hard - let's change it to "dignified."

Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 PM

actually- I see the humor. However at my mothers funeral it wasnt very tasteful for the funeral parlor to have pamphlets out for planning your finances. There is a limit to what some people will accept-I wonder if other cultures deal with this issue so tastelessly?

Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM

Death is part of life and other cultures handle it, from my experience, with diginity, respect, and cermony.

I have had to make arrangements for 3 people in my life - mother, father, and late husband. The only time I saw any literature was when it was presented during the initial meeting.

You are right - we are losing our repsect for the departed and for the grieving families. This is a very sad event that is turned into a commercial opportunity when that's the last thing it should be.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Thanks.

IMO some American business (esp insurance sales) is out of control. A funny story was I had purchased tickets to Hawaii and Maui over Christmas. I became friendly with the travel agent, etc. He gave my unlisted # to an insurance salesman-lol

You can bet I gave that person an earful. Some business practices need to be stopped.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:07 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,068,968 times
I agree, years ago I don't remember my parents getting all this type of junk mail along with all these phone calls trying to sell you something. I think it needs to stop, and let us all live a normal life.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM

Talking lol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I agree, years ago I don't remember my parents getting all this type of junk mail along with all these phone calls trying to sell you something. I think it needs to stop, and let us all live a normal life.

I will be filing a complaint about that company. never in my life have I gotten junk mail like that- I believe they target my husbands corp- then he puts the name on the list -They are gonna be in for a world of hurt tomorrow.

sunny

Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,068,968 times
Smile Go Sunny!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I will be filing a complaint about that company. never in my life have I gotten junk mail like that- I believe they target my husbands corp- then he puts the name on the list -They are gonna be in for a world of hurt tomorrow.

sunny
Go get them!!!! Do it for me while you at it!!!! Have a good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics