Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That's not OCD, that's just plain sensible.

Mine aren't in alphabetical order, but they are in categories. And always the same order.
There is no door on our pantry, so I can see them easily. It isn't a room, just an alcove in the breakfast room.

My clothes in my closet are in similar order. But I also generally have all blouses, sweaters, and sweatshirts organized according to color too.

My books are also in categories, in the tall bookcases in the livingroom, but they are not color coded.

I am quite a stickler on everything in it's own place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:26 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post

Mine aren't in alphabetical order, but they are in categories. And always the same order.

There is no door on our pantry, so I can see them easily. It isn't a room, just an alcove in the breakfast room.

My clothes in my closet are in similar order. But I also generally have all blouses, sweaters, and sweatshirts organized according to color too.

My books are also in categories, in the tall bookcases in the livingroom, but they are not color coded.

If your location was NE Arkansas I'd wonder if you were a distant cousin (I have family from Jonesboro)!

The pantry's not alphabetized, but how can you tell what's in there if it's not facing forward? And how do you know how many cans of beans you have if they're all mixed among the cans of soup? Duh!

My clothes hang in a way that makes it easiest to walk into my closet, as well as to find things. From left to right, tops go from spaghetti straps to sleeveless to cap sleeves to short sleeves to 3/4 sleeves to long sleeves.

My books are only moderately categorized, but the ones in the living room, because they act as part of the decor, they are, for the most part, color-coordinated.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Smile edited post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ? ~ Not yet ready for that in Phoenix

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ? ~ maybe at Christmas time

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ? ~ I think they removed them during the last time I was in I was in the hospital.

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _~ I couldn’t because Mrs Aks was driving 80mph on I-15 in Idaho__ !!! ~~ It was an EXIT RAMP!
Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ? ~ None!

Have you ever collected rocks ? ~ I’ve got many of them saved from around the county. Also the yard is nothing but rocks but I’m not saving those.

Do you own a raincoat ? ~ Yes,,, but I never use it.
edited in "red"

Old 09-16-2009, 05:30 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,845,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Towhee, you are very much needed at my house!!!

Of course, lately it seems when I am home I am always on the computer!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 919,476 times
Another late day for me! How is everyone?

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather? not me

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes? late September, early October

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks? I remove the space between the word and the ? mark in Karla's questions! LOL! I'm sorry, Karla, it's not what I was taught and it just looks weird to me so I just can't help myself!

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" are you out of your mind???

What are your favorite chores to do around the house? vacuuming

Have you ever collected rocks? yes

Do you own a raincoat? no

National Guacamole Day - I love fresh guac!
National Eat An Apple Day - keeps the doctor away!
Road Runner - beep, beep!
Play Doh Day - what a mess that makes
Collect Rocks Day - I still have some
Wrinkled Raincoat Day - in honor of Columbo?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Have you ever collected rocks ?

I have brought rocks home form different trips, I have "samples" from
Sedona AZ
Various cities in Alaska
The beach in West Palm Beach FL
1 from 65' below the surface of the ocean in the Keys

Do you own a raincoat ? hmmm I think so, I last wore it in 2005 during the T.S.'s that came through. lol I used it when I went out to do my "wind checks"
Hi Karla - You mean rocks like these? - This was taken in January of 2007.

Sedona is about 115 miles away from where I live, and I love going over there, and I go a couple of times a year on the average.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Wrinkled Raincoat Day

Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,214 times
Hello all! I need to see what all of you have answered but first to do mine...

Today's Question(s):

How many in our "question family" are experiencing "Open Window" weather ?
We actually had that most of the summer -- starting to close them more now. Gets down right chilly some nights around here!

If not yet,when are you usually able to open them to enjoy the breezes ? It will be several months once it really cools down.

Bonus Question:

Lets discuss Quirks !!!

Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks

So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?
I MUST have time in the morning for "me" -- it can be reading, watching TV or playing on the puter - but I have to have at least a half hour to just "be" or it throws my whole day "off" I also carry rocks in my purse as my mother taught me... that way if someone picks up my purse and asks "What? Do you have rocks in here?" I can say "Yes". (I also have several sea shells too). There are other odd/strange/quirky things but to me they are just "me" things and don't seem off -- you'll have to ask those around me to get more!

Extra Credit Question:

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" _AAAAGGGGHHHH____ !!!
This happens quite often at work -- several times a day even!

Just for Fun:

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?
We are supposed to ENJOY chores? Normal everyday chores? Sweeping the tile floor - over quickly and see results right away. If you mean overall home improvement - I love to paint! (ok add that to the quirky list)

Have you ever collected rocks ? Yes, and still do. Add another thing to the list!

Do you own a raincoat ? My first instinct was "no, and don't remember ever having one" but then a bubble emerged in my brain that said "you have a rainsuit for on the bike" so now my answer is yes. (I talk to myself quite often -- add another thing. )

Today in History:
1908 - General Motors was founded on this day. The man responsible for the beginning of the huge auto-manufacturing company (maker of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet) was William Crapo ‘Billy’ Durant. We are a GM family! Have/had Chevys, Buicks, and Pontiacs

Word of the Day:
logorrhea \law-guh-REE-uh\ , noun:
1. Pathologically incoherent, repetitious speech.
2. Incessant or compulsive talkativeness; wearisome volubility. I feel like I am being a little bit of this right now -- add to the list?

Today is:

Collect Rocks Day But I didn't go anywhere with good rocks today

Have a good night all!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:04 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hi Karla - You mean rocks like these? - This was taken in January of 2007.

Sedona is about 115 miles away from where I live, and I love going over there, and I go a couple of times a year on the average.

Mike, go to yor room !!! Those rocks are too large to "collect" !

BTW, that reminds me.....while passing through the Petrified Forest many years ago, I snuck some "samples" into our trash sack in our car. As we were driving through the Zion National Park we came to a place in the side of the road where there were trash cans..... do I need to say more

Old 09-16-2009, 07:12 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
Ok, we all have them, so being the cozy little family that we have become I thought it would be fun to see how many of us might share the same Quirks So tell us, what are some of your Quirks ?
Too many to list, but one that too many seem to overlook is that my pets are not "baggage" and they do not anchor me to my house. I simply prefer their company to any person I ever met!

The other day I so wanted to just "Stand Up & Yell" Dag Nab it, I'm a nudist !! Can ya give me more than 10 seconds from the time ya knock on my door to put something on and look presentable?! Geez..

What are your favorite chores to do around the house ?
Feed the pets
Have you ever collected rocks ?
Yes. Still do.

Do you own a raincoat ?
Yes, two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics