U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2007, 08:33 AM
 
926 posts, read 1,398,248 times
Reputation: 523

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
My Mum's perfume ... Beautiful by Estee Lauder

Also the smell of a pub before it opens. That reminds me so much of my beloved Aunty Margaret. I grew up in that pub and it holds so many special memories. Warmth and a sense of belonging. ahhhhhhh

The local county fair ... popcorn, hotdogs, french fries and all the sounds ...
Yes, all wonderful smells, although I never smelled your mum I'm sure she smelled delightful.

Another wonderful fragrance to me is fresh cut grass in the Spring, as long as I'm not the one cutting it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-06-2007, 08:38 AM
 
926 posts, read 1,398,248 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
My brother and I would pop the bubbles in the pavement, when it was really hot and watch the oil ooze out, ah the smell of blacktop. I loved Pop caps. I remember the smell and taste of honeysuckle, we would pull one off the vine and suck the juice out.

Great thread and I remember lincoln log candy!!
Thank you tasmtairy.

Square Peg...did you see this? Now get off of me and quit acting like I was eating the wooden Lincoln Log building objects...sheesh
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,280 posts, read 9,905,197 times
Reputation: 10464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Yes, all wonderful smells, although I never smelled your mum I'm sure she smelled delightful.

Another wonderful fragrance to me is fresh cut grass in the Spring, as long as I'm not the one cutting it.
Cut grass and muck spreading! Smells like schitt here

My Mum does smell wonderful. I often wonder if my child will remember me smelling like Coco Channel?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
 
926 posts, read 1,398,248 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Cut grass and muck spreading! Smells like schitt here

My Mum does smell wonderful. I often wonder if my child will remember me smelling like Coco Channel?
HEY, I resemble that remark!!

I've never met this Coco lady, does she smell lovely too?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,280 posts, read 9,905,197 times
Reputation: 10464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
I've never met this Coco lady, does she smell lovely too?
Gorgeous darling, absolutely fabulous!

There's a certain smell about balmy summer nights. Wow I love that. Add some scrumpy cider into the mix and ... ahhhhhh ... home!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 08:55 AM
 
13,636 posts, read 22,960,171 times
Reputation: 18521
White shoulders perfume always sends me back to grandma's bedroom and the wonderful things on her dresser, especially that bottle of perfume with the gold tube and the little bulb at the end. Wood smoke immediately sends me back many years to the tenant farm where we lived. Wood was our source of heat and cooking. I can still see my mom bent over the stove putting a piece of wood in it. Really stormy nights when the electric is off and the lightning and thunder are raging, also sends me to my childhood. Lots of places we lived had no electricity , or we couldn't afford to have it turned on. My mother sang to us four kids, when it stormed to ease our fears. She had a beautiful voice, everytime I hear any old rish ballads, I can still see and hear her. I have so many memories, I could fill a book. Been thinking about it..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 09:00 AM
 
926 posts, read 1,398,248 times
Reputation: 523
I love this thread...I can feel the heartfelt good memories, the sighing melancholy, and dreamy smiles in the words in here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,280 posts, read 9,905,197 times
Reputation: 10464
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
White shoulders perfume always sends me back to grandma's bedroom and the wonderful things on her dresser, especially that bottle of perfume with the gold tube and the little bulb at the end. Wood smoke immediately sends me back many years to the tenant farm where we lived. Wood was our source of heat and cooking. I can still see my mom bent over the stove putting a piece of wood in it. Really stormy nights when the electric is off and the lightning and thunder are raging, also sends me to my childhood. Lots of places we lived had no electricity , or we couldn't afford to have it turned on. My mother sang to us four kids, when it stormed to ease our fears. She had a beautiful voice, everytime I hear any old rish ballads, I can still see and hear her. I have so many memories, I could fill a book. Been thinking about it..
Lordy I've gone goosey ... I wanna go home

Smelling Coal Soap reminds me of my Gran
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 09:12 AM
 
926 posts, read 1,398,248 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Lordy I've gone goosey ... I wanna go home

Smelling Coal Soap reminds me of my Gran
Smelling Woolite reminds me of some of those perdy sheep back on my grandfathers farm in Kentucky...Oh stop it, I was kidding!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2007, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,280 posts, read 9,905,197 times
Reputation: 10464
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Smelling Woolite reminds me of some of those perdy sheep back on my grandfathers farm in Kentucky...Oh stop it, I was kidding!!
Reminds me of ACUs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top