U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:44 AM

13,636 posts, read 22,974,484 times

Advertisements

Dukester and tet..Speaking about goosy and sheep reminds me.........
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:46 AM

926 posts, read 1,398,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Dukester and tet..Speaking about goosy and sheep reminds me.........
That's the other thread about the family name...lol. BEHAVE!! lol

Old 05-06-2007, 10:01 AM

13,636 posts, read 22,974,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
That's the other thread about the family name...lol. BEHAVE!! lol
Okay, Duke, you got me on a roll now I didn't realize I was bein bad until now. Since you pointed that out. That reminds me of the wierdo over on the next farm....Never mind..I will be good after all it is Sunday

Old 05-06-2007, 10:07 AM

15,607 posts, read 38,663,056 times
Yeah, music and smells definitely. I have satellite radio so I am transported back to Jr. High, High School and college on a daily basis. Probably 99% of those memories are really good. Sometimes I will smell something and it will remind me of something too. But mostly for me it will be music.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 AM

6,351 posts, read 20,342,473 times
Wouldn't trade my wife for anything but the song "Still the One" by Orleans will always remind me of a very special girlfriend I had years ago... Back on topic: The nice thing about moving so often in the military is that I can ususally peg a song's release to within a couple of years because I can remember where I was when it came out.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:15 AM

I agree, both sounds and smells both trigger memories and...sniff, sniff...what's that? sniff, sniff...beer!! Oh, that reminds me...I need to go golfing. Have a great day everyone...thanks for the memories, (Dang, now I'm Bob Hope), and so many laughs.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:19 AM

15,607 posts, read 38,663,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
I agree, both sounds and smells both trigger memories and...sniff, sniff...what's that? sniff, sniff...beer!! Oh, that reminds me...I need to go golfing. Have a great day everyone...thanks for the memories, (Dang, now I'm Bob Hope), and so many laughs.
Thanks for the memories ...

Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,289,876 times
When I was in the men's changing room at the hotel waterslide park I got a huge whiff of chlorine mixed with some other chemicals. It was sooo weird my memory was jolted back to the mid 70s when I was maybe 7 or 8 and was at the community pool. I was in the little boys changing room. It was a beautiful summer day and we were all playing at the pool. It was a super fun day, and while I wasn't allowed in the deep end of the pool I had a ball with my brothers. It is so amazing how the memory works! I don't think I've ever remembered that event until at the waterslide park!

Old 05-07-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
When I was in the men's changing room at the hotel waterslide park I got a huge whiff of chlorine mixed with some other chemicals. It was sooo weird my memory was jolted back to the mid 70s when I was maybe 7 or 8 and was at the community pool. I was in the little boys changing room. It was a beautiful summer day and we were all playing at the pool. It was a super fun day, and while I wasn't allowed in the deep end of the pool I had a ball with my brothers. It is so amazing how the memory works! I don't think I've ever remembered that event until at the waterslide park!
Whenever I smell chlorine, it takes me back to my youth and the YMCA pool. We work around Anhydrous Ammonia and whenever I catch a whiff of that it reminds me of the Meth Lab I have in my basement...Stop, I'm KIDDING!! It's really in the garage.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:43 AM

19,443 posts, read 26,746,500 times
what was the suntan lotion in the little brown plastic bottle?? smelled a bit like coconut,,, that smell brings me back,,,my mother use to "lay out in the sun" whenever she could catch a break..
the smell of a whole chicken being roasted in the oven, even a roasting turkey..
the smell of bang-caps ....play-dough, some plastic smelling stuff, my sister made from her easy bake oven,,,once in a while a get a wiff, of something similar..

before i thought the smell of cigarrette smoke was disgusting,,,i use to like it,,,cause i assimilated it with my grandparents....
same with gas,,for some strange reason, use to like the smell of that,,,probly a connection with going fishing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics