U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,877,543 times

Advertisements

Hope yall had a good weekend and the rest of the weekday

Today's Question(s):

The "Laughing with you, not at you Fairy" is going to be coming to visit

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe it's not butter moments you would share with her ?

Bonus Question:

Do you usually go in or use the drive-thru at the :
Bank -- go in
ATM -- it depends, it's usually 1/2 and 1/2
Fast Food--drive-thru
Cleaners-- go in

Extra Credit Question:

How many people use your computer

At home ? One

At work ? One (aint that great?)

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as a freaking phone number and gimme a call scenario would turn into a "project" ?

Today is:
National Dessert Day-- Yum, why is it that what's fattening is always what tastes good?

International Top Spinning Day-- is that the head spinning?

Be Bald and Free Day(Bald is Beautiful Day)-- yeah that can look sexy (for a guy)

National FRUMP Day (Honors Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons)-- *raises hand* and I dress like it sometimes too

national lower case day !!!-- try using that with run-on sentences and you'd be reading english but couldn't comprehend. Sorry, was reading someone's no-paragraph, 1,000 words post with no period in sight and all lower cases. And the comments that ensued from other posters were hilarious!! (this just reminds me of it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 AM

17,923 posts, read 25,173,226 times
Good morning! Today's questions:

What would be one of your more recent "oops don't wait, but I can't believe I made my doctor's appointment on time yesterday! Been having mucho senior moments lately!

Bonus questiono you usually go in and use the drive thru at the
Bank no
ATM no
Fast Food yes
Cleaners no

Extra credit question:How many people use your computer
at Home just myself, every once in a great while a friend comes to visit I would let him get on line.

At work just me

Just for fun: I never thought something simple as replacing siding would turn into a "project"?

"Wake up Little Susie"-Everly Brothers-classic tune!

National dessert day yes!
spinning top day the story of my life I think!

Happy Wednesday!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,579,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
The sun is shining bright this morning here in NE FL
So it has been one of those Be-Bop/meander around the house mornings
lol which is why I am running a little late with

Karla, I'm sending you this drasted rain! Soon, we'll be needing Noah's Ark unless the sun shine returns

Today's Question(s):

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I _fell over that lamp cord, flat on my face, and didn't break my glasses! Of course, DH did nothing about helping me up. Next day I was so sore I could barely use my right arm or leg!___________ moments you would share with her ?

Bonus Question:

Bank go in
ATM don't use
Fast Food drive thru
Cleaners go in

Extra Credit Question:

At home ?

At work ?

use at home and work cause I work from home

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as __decorating for the Holidays __________ would turn into a "project" ?

Today in History:
1926 - "Winnie-the-Pooh", made its debut on this day. Alan Alexander Milne wrote this and other delightful, "Winnie-the-Pooh" stories, centering the tales around his little son, Christopher Robin, and Christopher’s stuffed animals And Tigger TOO!!! love my winnie the pooh
1954 - With a cast of 25,000, the C.B. DeMille epic, "The Ten Commandments", starring Charlton Heston, began filming in Egypt.what an epic movie of it's time too!
1957 - Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" reaches #1 ok, that song's in my head for the day!
1964 - Martin Luther King, Jr. wins Nobel Peace Prize, he donated the $54,000 he received to support civil rights in the U.S.
1968 - 1st live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft (Apollo 7)

Word of the Day:

pukka \PUHK-uh\ , adjective:
1. Authentic; genuine.
2. Superior; first-class.

Today is:
National Dessert Day
International Top Spinning Day
Be Bald and Free Day(Bald is Beautiful Day)
National FRUMP Day (Honors Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons)
national lower case day !!!

Wishing everyone a great day today....hope you have plenty of sunshine, and if you have too much, just send the rest to me!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,514,301 times
Good morning Karla and friends...

It's a nice cloudy day here in Southern California...the high yesterday only got up to about 65, and it looks like it will be more of the same today. They are predicting 90 degrees for Friday though!!

I never use the drive-thru anyplace...I always remember Joe Pesci's comment in a movie years ago, and that's kind of stuck in my head!!

Since I'm retired, I only use my laptop at home...and I have to admit...it's one of the best investments I've ever made...I love it!

I never thought something as simple as cleaning out closets would turn into a "project".

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone...

Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Happy Hump Day to everyone!! DD is still home sick. I think I will go to the school and pick up her homework so she doesn't get too behind. I came down with a fever last night, but seem to be okay today - besides feeling wiped out.

The "Laughing with you not at you Fairy" is going to be coming to visit
What would one of your more recent "Oops don't laugh, but I can't believe __________ moments you would share with her?
Well, it would probably be when I was doing this dance with my daughter, and it wasn't a sophisticated dance (that's all I'm saying). We thought we were the only people in the room, and turned around and there was her brother (my son) standing there looking at us with the funniest look on his face!! We laughed so hard that I was practically crying!!

Do you usually go in or use the drive-thru at the:
Bank - Half and half
ATM - The bank that I use has a drive up ATM
Fast Food - Probably drive thru. I rarely have fast food.
Cleaners - Cleaners - - - - As in Dry Cleaners - - - - You've got to be kidding me!!! I don't do clothes that need to be dry cleaned!

At home - 4
At work - Just me!

I never thought something as simple as My daughter wanting to take all of her gymnastics stuff out of her room would turn into a project!
Naturally now that she took all that stuff out, she wants her room painted. Not just one color - one color with different color polka dots! Oh, and a new comforter, curtains, clock, lamp - - - the whole works!! It may have been cheaper to make her stay in gymnastics!

National Dessert Day - I could use a dessert!
International Top Spinning Day - My kids used to have some really cool ones!
Be Bald and Free Day (Bald is Beautiful Day) - Here's to you Charley and Mike!

It is raining here again today... I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:32 AM

149 posts, read 225,169 times
Good Morning everyone! I was very blessed recently and I hope that the blessings are sent your way!!

1. Unless my son reminds me, I usually forget to take trash out on trash night. Sometimes I have to hurry and take it to the curb when I hear the garbage truck coming.

2. a) Bank-go in
b) Atm- go in
c) Fast Food- drive thru
d) Cleaners- go in

3. a) 2 at home b) N/A

4. Cleaning off the front porch last week- man I had lots of stuff!! (I still had some of ex-husbands stuff on porch, well not anymore!! )

Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,427,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
The sun is shining bright this morning here in NE FL
So it has been one of those Be-Bop/meander around the house mornings
lol which is why I am running a little late with

Today's Question(s):

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I ____________ moments you would share with her ? I "tooted" and laughed at the same time while listening to a joke that Craig Fergeson told the other night. My husband was in the bedroom and came out laughing his A$$ off too.

Bonus Question:

Bank ------- Drive - thru
ATM ------- Don't Use
Fast Food ---- Hardly ever eat fast food but when we do we do both.
Cleaners---- Haven't been to the Dry Cleaners in a very Looong time and there are no drive-thru cleaners so the answer would be Go IN.

Extra Credit Question:

At home ? Just me.

At work ? Currently not working.

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as _geting hubby to finish painting a room ___________ would turn into a "project" ?

Today in History:
1926 - "Winnie-the-Pooh", made its debut on this day. Alan Alexander Milne wrote this and other delightful, "Winnie-the-Pooh" stories, centering the tales around his little son, Christopher Robin, and Christopher?s stuffed animals.
1954 - With a cast of 25,000, the C.B. DeMille epic, "The Ten Commandments", starring Charlton Heston, began filming in Egypt. "Let My People Go!"
1957 - Everly Brothers' "Wake Up Little Susie" reaches #1
1964 - Martin Luther King, Jr. wins Nobel Peace Prize, he donated the $54,000 he received to support civil rights in the U.S.
1968 - 1st live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft (Apollo 7)

Word of the Day:

pukka \PUHK-uh\ , adjective:
1. Authentic; genuine.
2. Superior; first-class.

Today is:
National Dessert Day
International Top Spinning Day
Be Bald and Free Day(Bald is Beautiful Day)
National FRUMP Day (Honors Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons)
national lower case day !!!
Have a nice day!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:55 AM

18,285 posts, read 22,891,181 times
Good cold afternoon Karla & company! Been busy again working outside today so I'll try to hurry up with my answers.

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I ____________ moments you would share with her ?
I did the same thing YLisa did with a plug in yesterday!

Bank
ATM
Fast Food
Cleaners we don't have drive thru cleaners here

At home ? 3

I never thought something as simple as hauling metal would turn into a "project" ?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM

23,734 posts, read 25,195,071 times

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I cracked up the judge and attorney's during jury selection process.

Bonus Question:

Bank
Go in.
ATM
Go in.
Fast Food
Go in.
Cleaners
Go in.

Extra Credit Question:

At home ?
Generally just me, occasionally the Grandson when he's here.

At work ?
No computer out in the yard.

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as getting that dang gopher would turn into a "project" .

Old 10-14-2009, 11:41 AM

7,461 posts, read 7,856,992 times
Today's Question(s):

What would one of your more recent "oops,don't laugh, but I can't believe I ____________ moments you would share with her ?
It has been a while since I made a fool of myself. A few years back I went camping. While setting up my tent I discovered I was missing the 2 pegs for the top ropes. I tied 1 rope to a tree and the other rope to the bumper of my truck. That was all fine and dandy until I decided to take a short drive to check out something. I went about a half of mile before I noticed the rope along with a portion, but not all, of the tent trailing behind the truck. Luckly, the only witnesses to this were a couple of crows. I had them swear an oath to never tell anyone.

Bonus Question:

Bank Inside
ATM Inside
Fast Food 50-50
Cleaners I own no clothes worthy of taking to the cleaners

Extra Credit Question:

At home ? Just me

At work ? The desk top computer is used by 2 or 3 of us. My company laptop is only used by me

Just for Fun:

I never thought something as simple as ____________ would turn into a "project" ?
After reading some of the other answers I had to change mine. Once while working on a harvest crew we had to turn a tractor tire inside out so that we could use it at the base of the auger used to lift the grain into the silo. It took 6 of us to turn that tire inside out. The ownes had a lot of fun watching us.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 10-14-2009 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics