Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your place here?
I am researching for a move 8 16.67%
I have already moved 1 2.08%
I am moving soon 1 2.08%
One of the above + C-D addict 38 79.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Are you planning a move, at your destination, kinda in between, or just hooked on C-D? I am inbetween and hooked bay-bee!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 07:42 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
this is a place to possibly, learn opposing opinions,. also kind of a "check" on multiple topics,,,to see how far out in left field my views are,,but mostly i enjoy these threads, for some good laughs, nostalgia, and i think its very intriguing,,the anonymity of most posters, we are bluntfully honest, ,, to share ideas, opinions with folks i'll probly never meet..as i stated in another thread,,i believe ,,true human nature is reflected in these threads,,most being, courteous, caring, friendly, humorous, generous (offering free advice), i believe this is how most of the people around us (that we never get to meet) really are,,and what drives, and makes america great!
the anonymity of these threads makes most of us,,,interested in what people are expressing, not what color they are, and all the other cultural bias's.. thats why i believe the contrast of throwing "labels" and different identities around as weapons,,,is very dangerous!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:43 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
none of the above i just come here cause i like the people, im not interested in a move or anything like that

Old 05-27-2007, 07:49 AM

2,725 posts, read 6,424,366 times
It's the bond with complete strangers that makes this a great place.(moving-not again!)

Old 05-27-2007, 08:55 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
I pick number D, none of the above, (btw, I know it's letter D, not number D, but a guy I worked with used to say that in meetings at work, and sadly enough he wasn't trying to be funny or anything...which made it hilarious).

I am here to try to get people to help me with mulch and send me their credit card numbers, oh and promote my new book due to be released soon entitled, "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here for the money". It will be sold at a bookstore near you soon.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:36 AM

872 posts, read 3,584,886 times
I kinda just wandered on here a year ago and haven't left.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Red face PC Locked UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
this is a place to possibly, learn opposing opinions,. also kind of a "check" on multiple topics,,,to see how far out in left field my views are,,but mostly i enjoy these threads, for some good laughs, nostalgia, and i think its very intriguing,,the anonymity of most posters, we are bluntfully honest, ,, to share ideas, opinions with folks i'll probly never meet..as i stated in another thread,,i believe ,,true human nature is reflected in these threads,,most being, courteous, caring, friendly, humorous, generous (offering free advice), i believe this is how most of the people around us (that we never get to meet) really are,,and what drives, and makes america great!
the anonymity of these threads makes most of us,,,interested in what people are expressing, not what color they are, and all the other cultural bias's.. thats why i believe the contrast of throwing "labels" and different identities around as weapons,,,is very dangerous!
I agree with “mainebrokerman” and everything he said but would add that my PC locked up and I can’t get out of here! I think that there’s a stuck C-D cookie inside the box under the monitor and it’s holding me back from moving to other websites. Darn, ol’pc

Old 05-27-2007, 10:06 AM

179 posts, read 784,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_time_Blues View Post
I kinda just wandered on here a year ago and haven't left.
Yes, just wondered on here looking for a moving company for a possible move - New Jersey to New Mexico. Now, due to my DH's job, we are not moving. Staying put in NJ and I am hooked on C-D. Lots of many different people, opinions, experiences.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:20 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
I am moving soon, I started out looking for a place to move at, and then got the job as Mod, and now I guess with my Mod job and being hooked to all my new friends and family, I can't go wrong.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:20 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,130 times
Just a cd addict here. I originally was looking up an article on something and it led me here.......and I havent left for almost a year. I usually have my laptop with me in the kitchen while I'm cooking or in my lap while watching tv..I have to check in several times a day to see what Dick or Jane has said next...lol. Hubby has hidden the laptop from me several times ...thinks I need an intervention. Thank goodness I work 3 days a week!! And believe it or not I do have friends!!!

On a serious note...I've learned alot on this forum...and talked to some great people...whether I agree with them on a subject or not ..they are still interesting to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics