Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:18 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times

Advertisements

Just found this....lol.

Doesn't It Annoy You When...

...there's a car alarm nearby that goes on for hours and the owner is nowhere to be found?

...you buy an answering machine so you won't miss any calls, and then everyone hangs up when they hear the machine answer?

...there's a cop car in sight and everyone thinks they have to drive 10-15 mph slower than the speed limit?

...you're reading a magazine and all those annoying little subscription cards keep falling out?

...you tell someone that a door is locked and they try to open it anyway, like it'll magically open for them and not you.

...someone says, "well, to make a long story short" and then they go on telling it for another 15 minutes.

...a friend or family member says "Yuck! This is awful!!" and then tells you to try some.

...you have to inform five different sales people in the same store that you're just looking around.

...you rub on hand cream and can't turn the bathroom doorknob to get out.

...a waiter or waitress is not around at any time other than right after you put food in your mouth.

...your tire gauge lets half the air in your tire when all you want is a pressure reading.

...there's a dog in your neighborhood that barks at EVERYTHING.

...the power goes out, and you discover every flashlight you have has dead batteries.

...someone gets in the express lane at the supermarket and writes a check or uses a credit card.

...the elevator stops at every floor and nobody gets on.

...you almost ALWAYS back up your computer files but the week you don't, your hard drive crashes and you lose everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 07:41 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Some of these are soooo true!!
Thanks!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:25 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,993 times
[quote=younglisa7;12678225]Just found this....lol.

......you rub on hand cream and can't turn the bathroom doorknob to get out.

can you please elaborate on this

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Lol so very true in life.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 AM

16,671 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Spot on Lisa!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Car alarms, unless you use the lo-jack, are completely useless most of the time. 9 times out of 10, we hear alarms going off all the time in parking lots, in parking garages, in the streets, and no one even takes a 2nd look because its not uncommon for one to be so sensitive it triggers just at the slightest tremor, rattle or bump. Heck, mine doesnt even go off when I and the kids jump up and down in the bed of my truck!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,142,567 times
I'm so annoyed right now!!!

Old 01-30-2010, 06:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Just found this....lol.

...you buy an answering machine so you won't miss any calls, and then everyone hangs up when they hear the machine answer? But I like this. Means I don't have to return the calls.

...you're reading a magazine and all those annoying little subscription cards keep falling out? I've often wondered if book stores don't hate those things.

...you have to inform five different sales people in the same store that you're just looking around. I hate that, too, but for me it's a lot worse when it's the SAME damn person!

...a waiter or waitress is not around at any time other than right after you put food in your mouth. One of my pet-peeves ~ and why I don't eat lunch at Olive Garden.

...the power goes out, and you discover every flashlight you have has dead batteries. Maybe it's good to keep just one wind-up type handy.

...someone gets in the express lane at the supermarket and writes a check or uses a credit card. Bastards!
...people who jay-walk in the dark wearing dark clothing.

...people who talk right over you when you've started to say something. I have two co-workers who do this and it drives me insane.

...when I flip channel to see what else is on and, more often than not, all are on commercials.

...when people call me at work to inquire about copies of C.C.& Rs. No, no, NO, 'the city' does NOT recognize covenant agreements ~ THANK GOD!!!!

...when people talk too much at the movies.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Daughters!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:20 PM

12,248 posts, read 1,263,975 times
I can relate to several of those especially sales people. There's one store that I refuse to go into anymore, they pounce the second you walk in the door
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics