Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:18 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,642 times

Advertisements

Not a pity or drama thread just realized I've been a too nice and giving person.

I've decided to turn over a new leaf and become a mean and nasty person.I mean it seems to work real well for some people why wouldn't it work for me too.

It's seems like the meaner and nastier someone is they're placed on a petsal.They're also accepted by others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Ohhhh not nasty!,,,,, It’s not a good idea to turn over a new leaf ~ things will work out!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 AM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Not a pity or drama thread just realized I've been a too nice and giving person.

I've decided to turn over a new leaf and become a mean and nasty person.I mean it seems to work real well for some people why wouldn't it work for me too.

It's seems like the meaner and nastier someone is they're placed on a petsal.They're also accepted by others.
It's like smoking or other bad health vices, it'll shorten your life and probably some friendships. That's not good for you.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:

Take a break. Stay nice. You have to look yourself in the mirror every day. Make sure you like who you see.

Don't worry about the mean and nasty people....what goes around comes around. Someday they will pay.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
I've tried to do that a few times in my years but have found out I'm just to lazy and selfish to be mean and nasty.

Being mean and nasty takes a lot of time and takes a lot out of a person.

I'd rather spend my time doing what I want to do than letting others dictate what I do. I also find I have more energy when I'm not mad or plotting my next move.

I'm just that lazy.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
I agree! Negativity needs to get “out” sometimes, so you can focus on being positive! Vent and get angry for a short period of time, then move on to being positive and better. Negative people can drain all the energy out of others.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:38 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
Yes, but when they go home....they are stuck with their own mean nasty self and aren't happy.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
yep you are right, to many nice people in the world

just kidding!!!! to many grumpy mean sheeple's in the world

Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 PM

4,571 posts, read 762,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Take a break. Stay nice. You have to look yourself in the mirror every day. Make sure you like who you see.

Don't worry about the mean and nasty people....what goes around comes around. Someday they will pay.

That is so so wholesomely true, you don't want to stoop to their level, if someone can't be nice their not worth knowing.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:33 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,561,298 times
Of course, being courteous is the right thing to do- but there are limits too. There is such a thing as being too nice, a.k.a. a push-over. If you're too nice, sooner or later, you'll surely be taken advantage of. This is evident in a lots of areas.
One: when you loan someone money, and you are suddenly thought of as a convenient bank.
Two: when you allow someone to stay in your home "temporarily", and they see it as a long-term arrangement.
Three: while driving. Sadly, some drivers on the road consider common courtesies as an unnecessary hassle, and they view a very polite driver as a weakness there to be exploited.
Four: when you are phoned by a telemarketer, who won't take "I'm sorry, but I'm not really interested" as a "no" and end the call.
You can probably think of many more examples. Being nice isn't always what's called for. In other words, it's better to be both courteous AND assertive than to be walked on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics