Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
A little of a late start because I didn't getup until after 7
So I will get right to

Today's Question(s):

It is ________ day today at my home ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ?

What new item exceeded your expectations ?

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that "oops" ended up all over the floor ?

Just for Fun:

OK fess up !! How many of our QOTD family got caught up in the CB radio craze after seeing "Smokey and the Bandit" ?

What is your favorite Department Store ?

Today in History:
1857 - William F. Channing and Moses G. Farmer patented the electric fire alarm system in Boston, MA: the first city to adopt the system.
1848 - 1st department store opens
1885 - 1st mass production of shoes
1935 - NFL adopts an annual college draft to begin in 1936
1977 - "Smokey and the Bandit," premieres - which increased the popularity of CB radios

Word of the Day:
fey \FAY\ , adjective:
1. Possessing or displaying a strange and otherworldly aspect or quality; magical or fairylike; elfin.
2. Having power to see into the future; visionary; clairvoyant.
3. Appearing slightly crazy, as if under a spell; touched.

Today is:
National Devil's Food Cake Day
Frog Jump Day
National Fingerprint Day
National Be a Millionaire Day
Sun Awareness Day
Peace Day
CB Radio Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Good morning!!!

Today's Question(s):

It is _sleep in__ day today at my home ? My alarm didn't stand a chance...I finally just turned it off..and guess what??...I was still on time for work....what good is sleeping in if that happens?? I can't even sleep in right. lol
Bonus Question:

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ? One of those meals in a box..you know the ones on the shelf over by the Hamb Helper? That was just gross.

What new item exceeded your expectations ? A bathroom cleaning product..I'd give you the name but then I would just have to Moderator cut: edit myself...lol

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that "oops" ended up all over the floor ? I was being lazy while getting something out of my spice cabinet...down went the extra pepper so pooch and I got into a sneezing match lol.

Just for Fun:

OK fess up !! How many of our QOTD family got caught up in the CB radio craze after seeing "Smokey and the Bandit" ?
My dad did...so we all had CB's when we got our 1st cars.

What is your favorite Department Store ? Bealls

Today in History:
1857 - William F. Channing and Moses G. Farmer patented the electric fire alarm system in Boston, MA: the first city to adopt the system.
1848 - 1st department store opens
1885 - 1st mass production of shoes
1935 - NFL adopts an annual college draft to begin in 1936
1977 - "Smokey and the Bandit," premieres - which increased the popularity of CB radios-What fun movies these were!

Word of the Day:
fey \FAY\ , adjective:
1. Possessing or displaying a strange and otherworldly aspect or quality; magical or fairylike; elfin.
3. Appearing slightly crazy, as if under a spell; touched. This would be me lol

Today is:
National Devil's Food Cake Day-yummy!
Frog Jump Day
National Fingerprint Day-they'll be busy downstairs today I'm sure!
National Be a Millionaire Day if you insist!
Sun Awareness Day
Peace Day
CB Radio Day

Have a great day everybody!!

Last edited by Granny Sue; 05-19-2010 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: being bratty about being 1st!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Hump Day

Today's Question(s):

It is __spaghetti ___ day today at my home ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ? Turkey and soy bacon

What new item exceeded your expectations ? New natural cereal I tried, yummy !

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that "oops" ended up all over the floor ? An Egg 10 minutes ago

Just for Fun:

OK fess up !! How many of our QOTD family got caught up in the CB radio craze after seeing "Smokey and the Bandit" ? I was 7 so no but made me get a fast cars since I got my license.

What is your favorite Department Store ? Kohl's

Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,214 times
Me! Me! Me! I'm next!

Today's Question(s):

It is _get my behind and get going_______ day today at my home ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ?
not sure
The Titan peeler - works so well it will peel the skin off your fingers before you know it!

Extra Credit Question:

not sure -- but that's a jinx waiting to happen now.

Just for Fun:

not me but love the movie

What is your favorite Department Store ? ????

Word of the Day:
fey \FAY\ , adjective:

Today is:
National Devil's Food Cake Day YAY YIPPEE
Frog Jump Day
National Fingerprint Day
National Be a Millionaire Day I would like to try this out!
Sun Awareness Day I am aware the sun is shining and the bike is calling me to ride it to work
Peace Day
CB Radio Day

Gotta get a move on! See ya later!

Last edited by hdinia; 05-19-2010 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: answers

Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,196 times
Happy Hump Day!

Today's Question(s):

It is another work day today at my home ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ? I'm picky. Many things fall into this category

What new item exceeded your expectations ? I tried an ice coffee at starbucks and was surpised that I liked it.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that "oops" ended up all over the floor ? Some folders that I was going to put in my file cabinet.

Just for Fun:

OK fess up !! How many of our QOTD family got caught up in the CB radio craze after seeing "Smokey and the Bandit" ? I didn't. Actually, I never saw "Smokey and the Bandit."

What is your favorite Department Store ? I really do not have one.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
It is weed pulling day today at my home

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ? That would have to be a new dip I tried from Sam's Club. I had to double check the sell by date it tasted that awful!

What new item exceeded your expectations ? My hydrangea. It has took off like a rocket in the garden.

What was the last thing that "oops" ended up all over the floor ? Me! Slipped on some miss sprayed furniture polish

OK fess up !! How many of our QOTD family got caught up in the CB radio craze after seeing "Smokey and the Bandit" ? My angle was Kinky Kitten.

What is your favorite Department Store ? Not a big shopping fan, so hardly ever frequent department stores... but I do love a good gardening place.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Today's Question(s):

It is Road Trip day today at my home ?

Ok you all know how I am about my Bagels Well I found a Deli about 40 miles south of me that makes them just like they do up north, they boil them before baking.
So I am taking a road trip down this morning to check them out !!
This could end the "can you bring me bagels" request every time a family member flies home to Phil
a

Bonus Question:

After seeing the commercial I just had to give that Almond Milk a try, I love Almonds and love milk
in one word "Yuck"

Gelato !!! I picked up a container while shopping last week.
omg how I have gone 52 years with out having tried this yummy frozen delight !!! I am not a big ice cream fan but this was different than regular ice cream.
Yup going to become a staple at our house !!

Extra Credit Question:

My B/A cup of diet pepsi had a close up and personal meeting with the kitchen floor

Just for Fun:

lol I did and it was installed in my 77 Firebird !!
lol the CB was the Internet of the 70's

Macys
Bloomingdale's
Nordstrom's

Of course we have none of the above in my neck of the woods

Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
Waiting for the new poster Garlicguy said we might have...

Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Today's Question(s):

It is _Wednesday today at my home ?

Bonus Question:

Haven't tried anything new lately because they never seem to live up to my expectations

Extra Credit Question:

That would be when we were making milkshakes

Just for Fun:

Ok, I admit it, when I was able to access one I messed with the truckers pretty badly

JCPenney

Today is:
National Devil's Food Cake Day.......love it!
Frog Jump Day............................I think frogs are so cute
National Fingerprint Day................
National Be a Millionaire Day..........tell me how and I'll be glad to!
Sun Awareness Day.....................no sun here yet
Peace Day..................................
CB Radio Day...............................breaker, breaker!!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,752 times
Hi all! Eeeek, ugly weather with lots of rain today. Can't think about a minute when I looked outside and it didn't rain today

Today's Question(s):

It is early to bed day today at my home ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last new item or product you tried that didn't live up to your expectations or made you say "yuck" ? I have a Mr. Magic onion cutter (which is supposed to spare you all the tears those little creatures tear out of you). Used it about 3 times and need more muscles to handle it so I cut the onions like everybody else

What new item exceeded your expectations ? My latest shoes. They are like walking on a cloud

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that "oops" ended up all over the floor? Hmm, I threw a piece of fish on the table but not on the floor today instead of on the plate. Does that count?

Just for Fun:

OK fess up !! How many of our QOTD family got caught up in the CB radio craze after seeing "Smokey and the Bandit" ? Not me...

Word of the Day:
fey \FAY\ , adjective:

>>>>> Love fey stories!!!

National Be a Millionaire Day I wouldn't mind to be a millionaire
Sun Awareness Day Which sun? Can't see a single sun outside

Happy Hump Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics