Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM

152 posts, read 303,565 times

Advertisements

I am very afraid of zombies but vampires make me happy and calm. For the longest time I have been plagued by these visions of the grotesque undead being around me when I sleep. I'm very paranoid about that stuff and have been for as long as I can remember. Don't get me wrong, Zombieland was a great movie, but I found myself scared of the monsters in it. When I think of vampires fighting them away, I feel better. I love vampires a lot. I do tell myself that it's all in my head and that it's not real. I even pray to God for protection. But those fears are a constant when I sleep. Please help. Those who don't will be on my **** list. (Sorry for the language).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Try reading a good book and drinking a glass of wine before bedtime. Avoid movies and the tv programs that deal with negative visions.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:12 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I am very afraid of zombies but vampires make me happy and calm. For the longest time I have been plagued by these visions of the grotesque undead being around me when I sleep. I'm very paranoid about that stuff and have been for as long as I can remember. Don't get me wrong, Zombieland was a great movie, but I found myself scared of the monsters in it. When I think of vampires fighting them away, I feel better. I love vampires a lot. I do tell myself that it's all in my head and that it's not real. I even pray to God for protection. But those fears are a constant when I sleep. Please help. Those who don't will be on my **** list. (Sorry for the language).
What makes you feel that they are real? Maybe the glorified image they get in the movies?

Normally as a kid I used to tell myself, "if this is really happening, then why is the guy holding the camera not dead yet" and it helped me overcome horror movies/events/place all at once.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 AM

604 posts, read 456,771 times
Before you go to sleep, picture in your mind being surrounded by a golden light of protection. Nothing evil can get to you then.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
If you are asking for God's help, a good thing is to see what He has to say about these things.:
Psalms 34:14 says for us to 'turn from evil and do good - to seek peace and pursue it'. If you want to get rid of the evil and sleep in peace, then you've got to quit watching those shows/movies. Finding comfort in the idea of sucking someone's blood is foolish and will not give you peace.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to DM me any time you want to.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:29 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
I think those super violent movies/tv shows affect more than most people think they do. I used to watch them and I was plagued by horrible nightmares. When I finally stopped watching all media, they went away. I didn't watch movies or tv or anything else for about two years. I watch a little now, but I stick with the weather and brief, not too hard to take, snippets of the news, and there is only one show I like at the moment.

For some people, all that negative stuff gets in there and hangs out in the subconscious and your mind tries to process it while you sleep. My husband watches violent things and they don't seem to bother him, so I guess everyone's different.

I know how horrible those dreams can be. I hope they resolve quickly for you.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
If you are asking for God's help, a good thing is to see what He has to say about these things.:
Psalms 34:14 says for us to 'turn from evil and do good - to seek peace and pursue it'. If you want to get rid of the evil and sleep in peace, then you've got to quit watching those shows/movies. Finding comfort in the idea of sucking someone's blood is foolish and will not give you peace.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to DM me any time you want to.
I agree with GloryB here. When I was in my twenties, I still watched horror type shows occasionally. One time I had to call my husband (who was working late at the office) to come home cuz I got so scared watching one. The Bible instructs us in the book of Phillipians to think on things that are lovely, pure, of good report, etc. So, as a Christian, I finally decided that it was not good to fill my head with this other type of stuff. I do think your praying is on the right track. I don't know where you are in your spiritual life, but if you have never totally committed your life to Christ, I would urge you to do so. Like GloryB said, if you need to dm me, please feel free.

Last edited by kaykay; 05-28-2010 at 10:10 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
I would suggest you never again watch any kind of horror movies. Same with violent movies. You don't say how old you are but fears instilled in the younger mind can linger for a long time. I'm 74 and learned a long time ago not to watch horror movies or movies with a lot of violence in them. Even at my age, if I watch a movie with cruel violence in it I will still have nightmares. Last one was "Misery" and I had nightmares after seeing Kathy Bates break James Caan's legs with a sledge hammer. If you spend the hours before going to bed in activities that will leave a good and pleasant imprint on your mind, you will fall asleep thinking of these things. Good luck.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 PM

152 posts, read 303,565 times
Ok: 1) It's only zombies that freak me out. Those and anything that is human that pretty much comes close to them. Cannibals freak me out as well. 2) I have been raised with a Bible for a long time now. I know that book. It hasn't ever helped with anything besides a bit of history lessons. And I have looked at it through all sorts of angles. 3) I was hoping a psychologist or someone along that line were on here. I'm not sure but I think the zombies are a personification of something. Vampires, Werewolves, Dragons, etc., are nothing I worry about. The mutts can be handled by Vampires and those bats can be eaten by the wolves. (Personally I love Vampires.) But that is just what is going on. And it's not the violent movies. I'm not giving any of them up. Not even my precious Star Wars.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Don't watch the those movies and take all the previous advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics