Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 09:56 AM

44 posts, read 42,536 times

Advertisements

Just moved in and I like the city, I was just wondering if the weather is like this. It's pretty much rain central since I got here two weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 11:07 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,560,434 times
welcome, make the most of it...come February you will be aching for rain and these temps - seriously thought it does seem to have been wetter than normal, we often get beautiful crisp days with blue skies that really show off the colours of the leaves

Old 10-21-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
welcome, make the most of it...come February you will be aching for rain and these temps - seriously thought it does seem to have been wetter than normal, we often get beautiful crisp days with blue skies that really show off the colours of the leaves
I moved here from the prairies, so I wasn't expecting so much rain.

I've been to Ottawa but never in the winter. I suppose it can't get worse than Saskatoon.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:00 PM

26,874 posts, read 38,004,819 times
I'd say we are actually entering the gloomiest time of year with lots of clouds, rain and cool temperatures.

This will last for much of the rest of October and generally the first three weeks of November.

Generally after that it starts to get colder and the likelihood that snow will fall as opposed to rain increases with every single day.

December is fairly dark early as the days are quite short but generally snow is better for one's spirits than cold rain, at least in my opinion. Plus there are Christmas lights and decorations so that livens things up.

January and February are reasonably sunny, and generally alternate between a cloudy milder day with at least some snow (occasionally freezing rain or rain) and then a few crisp bright sunny days that are colder. Then rinse and repeat the cycle over again.

March is fairly grey and messy with mixes of rain and snow.

April is a mixed bag as well. But with little to no snow. April showers bring May flowers.

May is almost summerlike many years.

May to September is not especially rainy at all. Generally when it's warm or hot the rain will fall in a short but intense downpour at the end of a sunny day. Often accompanied by thunder and lightning. Then 30 minutes later the sun comes back out and it's nice evening.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:15 PM

2,390 posts, read 1,560,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchanga View Post
I moved here from the prairies, so I wasn't expecting so much rain.

I've been to Ottawa but never in the winter. I suppose it can't get worse than Saskatoon.
my experience of sask winter is from visiting in laws in Regina. I find winters in sask can be brutally cold and the cold seems to last longer between breaks BUT its a dry cold, ottawa has bone aching windchills

Old 10-21-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
my experience of sask winter is from visiting in laws in Regina. I find winters in sask can be brutally cold and the cold seems to last longer between breaks BUT its a dry cold, ottawa has bone aching windchills
ouch its wet cold here

Old 10-21-2020, 11:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
Patchanga, I'm confused by some of your posts. Earlier today in one thread you indicated that you are in Europe and in another thread you spoke about Ottawa in comparison to Boston as though you are very familiar and knowledgeable about both cities. But apparently you aren't. What's up? Do you know where you actually are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchanga View Post
There is enormous amounts of corruption here in Europe, the US is for example of the most corrupted nations in the world.

The issue with latin America is inquality.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Patchanga, I'm confused by some of your posts. Earlier today in one thread you indicated that you are in Europe and in another thread you spoke about Ottawa in comparison to Boston as though you are very familiar and knowledgeable about both cities. But apparently you aren't. What's up? Do you know where you actually are?

I am familiar with Boston and I livedin Europe until not long ago. (I did lie, i am not from the prairies of Canada)

Old 10-22-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I'd say we are actually entering the gloomiest time of year with lots of clouds, rain and cool temperatures.

This will last for much of the rest of October and generally the first three weeks of November.

Generally after that it starts to get colder and the likelihood that snow will fall as opposed to rain increases with every single day.

December is fairly dark early as the days are quite short but generally snow is better for one's spirits than cold rain, at least in my opinion. Plus there are Christmas lights and decorations so that livens things up.

January and February are reasonably sunny, and generally alternate between a cloudy milder day with at least some snow (occasionally freezing rain or rain) and then a few crisp bright sunny days that are colder. Then rinse and repeat the cycle over again.

March is fairly grey and messy with mixes of rain and snow.

April is a mixed bag as well. But with little to no snow. April showers bring May flowers.

May is almost summerlike many years.

May to September is not especially rainy at all. Generally when it's warm or hot the rain will fall in a short but intense downpour at the end of a sunny day. Often accompanied by thunder and lightning. Then 30 minutes later the sun comes back out and it's nice evening.
as long as its sunny most of the year I can take it.

BTW the glebe is so beautiful, those houses are some of the most charming things Ive ever seen, I love the masonry on all of the wood!!!

I am liking ottawa!! If I could only find a hot tall dark haired Quebecois from Gatineau to keep me warm heheehhe

Old 10-22-2020, 07:23 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Patchanga is quite creative. Its a troll formely known as Irene. They love to make up stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau