Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 07:21 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know right, somehow my brain only retains what it chooses, I could learn that Cat wasn't a 16 year old girl ever week, but I will always forget. I suppose it's the assumed picture I have of her stuck in my head. I always see her as young, black short hair on one side of her head and much longer on the other side, a natural brunette, always wearing hiking boots with big red shoestrings, wearing levis with the bottums of the legs ripped to fit her boots, a plain black pocket tee shirt and warn out low cut Levi thin jacket, blue eyes, one of those cute mouths where it appears just a little too big for her face and a pug nose.....

For me, I am ugly as sin, funny thing is, I chose a pick for my profile of what I really wished I looked like, and damned my eyes, first time I saw a picture of Trout, i just laughed, appeantly, I always wanted to look like Trout, its damndest thing, really.

Sounds like Lara Croft or some other cartoon character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 06:17 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Oh there is Cat, I had forgotten that I even wrote that, typical Hannibal, drink too much wine and go to ramble in the Paganism forum like tonight

I always think about Trout when I drink, he pretends to be a hard case but he is just a big softy, think I will embarras him, but when he found out that I had hit hard times, he tried to send me a few hundred bucks, freaking one out of a million, sorry bro, but that is him, a complete sweetheart, who would have guessed?

Old 02-15-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Is what my Charchter looks like on Red Dead Redemption, i know all the horses, I mean that each are different personalities, I love the black Arabian because he is so fast and high spirited, but he runs in a fight when a Mustang will stay to carry you away from an army shooting at you.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:44 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
About 4 years ago, our 2008 Honda Civic's a/c bit the dust. It would have cost at least $1000 to fix it. Luckily, it happened at the END of summer. I convinced Hubby to wait until the end of the year to get a new car when the car places will be running their end of year sale. In the meanwhile, I did a little shopping on-line.

Hubby INSIST on a stick. It is really hard to find those any more. Toyota, Mazda, VW, Scion (which is owned by Toyota) and of course Honda were the only ones that I could find that still have them. There was a Scion in town that Hubby went went to look at. The dealer asked me if I could get in the backseat so he could show Hubby features. I got in the backseat and basically nixed the sale of it. That backseat was SUPER uncomfortable and since I am always getting stuck in the backseat, I vetoed it. Of course Hubby didn't like it either. But, the Toyota guy gave us his spiel on the Celica. We took that info and went LITERALLY next door to the Honda place and said, "Toyota is offering this. What can you do for us?" And they made us a great deal. It did help that we were friends with the general manager (who came to our wedding) and the fact that we bought our last 2 cars from them. I really wanted to go with another Honda to begin with so it all worked out and we bought a 2016 Honda Civic with 6 speed. (Oh, and sure enough I ended up in the backseat LESS THEN A WEEK after we bought it. )

Then 2 years ago, we get something in the mail from the Honda place that pretty much made us an offer we couldn't refuse. The deal was that we would basically trade our 2016 Civic for a 2018 Civic-same model. We just extend our payments for 2 more years and our payments even went down each month-only a $1 but still. Oh yeah, they even threw in those Weathertech mats (which are quite expensive.) So, have been and still happy with 2018 Honda Civic.

So, (I'm sure you can see it coming), for the past few months we have been receiving emails and letters from the Honda place with a "deal" on a new car. The new "deal" hasn't been enough to entice us trade in our 2018. But, they REALLY, REALLY want us to buy a new car. Hubby keeps saying, "I don't WANT a new car." I asked Hubby what it would take for them to make us an offer he can't refuse. I was thinking, maybe if they offered a new car at half the sticker price. I'm just wondering how long they are going to try to get us to trade in our 2 year old car.

Cat

Old 02-22-2020, 08:06 PM

390 posts, read 307,006 times
Sorry for the dark topic but I feel that I am surrounded by death.
Last week, a friend of mine died from cancer at a young age.
Today, I found out another friend of mine committed suicide.
Why am I surrounded by death? What does this mean from a spiritual point of view?
I don't feel that I am marked for death. I just feel surrounded by its presence if that makes sense.

Old 02-22-2020, 08:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
Why am I surrounded by death? What does this mean from a spiritual point of view?
I don't feel that I am marked for death. I just feel surrounded by its presence if that makes sense.
I was 16 years old when I helped bury my fraternal grandfather as a pall bearer.

By the time I was 48, I had performed the honour over 20 times for friends and relatives.

I know death.

It's a natural end to most things we know and hold dear.

If we're blessed, we're ready to let go of those things when our time comes.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:51 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I totally understand what you are saying. Back in 2007, I lost 2 dear friends about 3 weeks apart. Then the following year-2008 (exactly a year from the first death), I lost my beloved Grandmother. That same year, I also lost my oldest sister.

Then in 2012, I lost my father & father-in-law ON THE SAME DAY! Almost a year to the day (missed by only about 2 weeks or so), I lost my mother.

Today, I feel like I am carrying me grief EVERYWHERE with me. And sometimes I feel them with me.

Cat

Old 02-24-2020, 08:01 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Hey, Road, I am sorry to hear of your losses.

Hell yes it makes sense. I've been going through the same. I started a thread in Grief and Mourning last month about death coming in bunches.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57170284-post1.html

After two months, it is finally starting to slow down, but since I wrote that post, my late brother's mother-in-law died (but 91 and expected--she lived a long, good life) and last week my brother-in-law's sister dropped to the floor with a stroke at the age of 60. They took her off life support the other day, and her funeral is today.

Other than my uncle and the elderly woman I mentioned above, all of these people were about the same age as me, and most were younger.

I suppose there's going to be more of it. I just hope the wave is about over for now.

As far as from a spiritual point of view, I think it's a reminder to me that this life is temporary, and especially with my close friend who died of the aneurysm and who was always a very busy, involved person, all your plans can end in a minute. It sounds trite, but it's a reminder to enjoy the right here right now.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:21 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Death, as birth is just part of life. There's no rhyme or reason for it.
Sadly with suicide, the simple answer if that life us just too much for some people. I'm very sorry for your losses.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Gets worse the older you get.Both my wives believed and warned people not to become my best friend, they all died.

Spiritually, it would be the best omen for you. It would mean that the great blue sky is telling you to go forth and die.

A spiritual death of the spirit come to refine you, to take something bad from you?

Only you can know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism