Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 09:44 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Good to know! Thanks.
Yes, I know you're somewhere not far from me. It's a good store for gifts or things for yourself, sells all the cool stuff, lots of books, candles, incense, CDs. I bought my daughter a banner for her room/apartment with the seven Chakras in Sanskrit. She is a linguistics major and will appreciate it, I think.

Red Bank is a good place to visit, park your car, and walk around looking in the shops.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:01 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I know you're somewhere not far from me. It's a good store for gifts or things for yourself, sells all the cool stuff, lots of books, candles, incense, CDs. I bought my daughter a banner for her room/apartment with the seven Chakras in Sanskrit. She is a linguistics major and will appreciate it, I think.

Red Bank is a good place to visit, park your car, and walk around looking in the shops.
Yes, I like Red Bank. Haven't walked around yet this iteration, but it's on my list. I use to take my son to a similar store called Milk and Honey (not NJ). There was enough stuff for him to look at that it kept him occupied while I shopped for crystals, books, etc. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 08:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post

I would think communities in England, in particular Wales might have more "genuine" communities.
For clarification, Wales is not in England. Wales is in Wales.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:18 AM

503 posts, read 772,248 times
Black Mountain, NC is known for having witches. Not sure if that is related to Paganism or not.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Black Mountain, NC is known for having witches. Not sure if that is related to Paganism or not.
Yes. There is no hard and fast definition of Paganism here. Probably because there is no hard and fast definition of Paganism anywhere.

Looked up the town. Looks very cute and friendly and in a beautiful setting.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:11 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,030 times
I reside in West Tennessee where there isn't a large pagan community, although our numbers seem to be growing. I attended the Michigan 22nd Annual Witches Ball last October with a friend who resides in Michigan. Over 500 people attended this semi-formal gala. I met a very eclectic and friendly group of people who follow many pagan paths including Asatru, Druidism, Heathenism, Wicca and Witchcraft. People were attired in traditional semi-formal wear, medieval, renaissance, kilts and steampunk garb. The largest concentration of pagans in Michigan seems to be in the communities surrounding Detroit (e.g. Royal Oak, Ferndale, Ann Arbor and Yspilanti) There was also Witches Bazaar held at the same venue the day of the event. The Bazaar featured well over one hundred vendors selling altar supplies, jewelry, clothing, books, etc. It was a great weekend and I met some wonderful people in this diverse group. It was well worth my drive from Tennessee.

2019 Michigan Witches' Ball – "Wondrous Tales"

The group also has a Facebook page. PM me if you'd like any other details.

I'll also be attending the Michigan Pagan Festival June 20th to 23rd in Belleville, MI.

https://www.michiganpaganfestival.com/

Blessed be! )0(

Irish

Old 04-29-2021, 06:09 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,313,142 times
Back when www.witchvox.com was still active site, one could look up lists of states in USA, countries, cities see how many pagan members. They mention Facebook but I do not have FB.
Read some years ago a text about many pagans living in Sedona, Arizona.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
There's quite a few in rural Ontario, especially in lake country.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:03 AM

26 posts, read 34,254 times
NYC and the suburbs. Philadelphia. And just based on a combination of what I hear and read, plus observation -- Portland (and Oregon state in general), Boston, San Francisco, and the Twin Cities. NJ has a surprising number, but they can be harder to find and connect with than in large cities, and also are often quieter and/or less out of the "broom closet" than those in many other areas.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivalve View Post
NYC and the suburbs. Philadelphia. And just based on a combination of what I hear and read, plus observation -- Portland (and Oregon state in general), Boston, San Francisco, and the Twin Cities. NJ has a surprising number, but they can be harder to find and connect with than in large cities, and also are often quieter and/or less out of the "broom closet" than those in many other areas.
As a lifelong Jersey resident, I disagree. I think they tend more to just be walking around among everyone else and no one cares. I have a friend who was ordained an Episcopal deacon. I attended the ordination. One of her spiritual sponsors and closest friends is a long-time practicing Wiccan. Everybody knows it, and nobody cared.

There's an organization called Waterspirit in Monmouth County that fights for the health of the planet's water, particularly the oceans. It's run by an order of Catholic nuns. I've attended their solstice and equinox events, which are straight-up Pagan and a lot of fun.

The "new age" shop where I buy stuff, which I've mentioned on here before, is a popular place. It's on a main drag in a town with a busy downtown area, and it's been there for more than 25 years.

Perhaps because of Jersey's diversity in race and religion, people are kind of "so what?" about their Pagan neighbors, as they are with their Hindu and Muslim and whatever-else neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism