Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 01:29 PM

1,096 posts, read 418,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Nice shots. I love the little fairy. I could post another pic of my "fairies." They are my grandkids that I photoshopped to turn them into fairies for a book I wrote called "A Fairy Story" and a sequel.

Cat

Thank you Cat Sure! Would like to see your pic. You wrote a book about Fairies too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
hehe about your Mom's rose bushes except you had to do all the work, lol. Yep, thats morning glories alright! They can reseed themselves, even years later a seed in the ground can sprout. Thats really sad that your Mom wound up having to pull the rose bushes out because of them --love roses too. Guess they are the kind of flower that really have to be planted far from other flowers so they don't overrun everything.
My mother didn't plant the morning glories. They were already there when she bought the house. And they were EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Thank you Cat Sure! Would like to see your pic. You wrote a book about Fairies too?
I wrote TWO fairy books. When I wrote the first book, I KNEW it needed illustrations but I don't draw. I asked a few people who did but I really couldn't pay them for their work. I then realized that I could do it myself but with pics rather than drawings. So, I photoshopped the kids. I did a lot of pics-a few individual pics of each of the kids but these are the some of the pics I have all of them in.

This one was from the first book:

This is from the second book:

You can see how the kids grew and we added to the clan. I took ALL the pics-the backgrounds, the wings (from butterflies pics) and of course the kids. The last one they posed for me knowing they were going to be fairies. The first one they didn't know.

Side note: I did another book for them called "Finding Yourself" which I am very proud of. I had some of my pics with their pics hidden somewhere in it. There were hidden in pics of Mount Rushmore, The Grand Canyon, even on the moon. Again, I didn't mean to turn this garden through into my photo thread.

Cat

Old 08-16-2019, 05:40 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My mother didn't plant the morning glories. They were already there when she bought the house. And they were EVERYWHERE.

I wrote TWO fairy books. When I wrote the first book, I KNEW it needed illustrations but I don't draw. I asked a few people who did but I really couldn't pay them for their work. I then realized that I could do it myself but with pics rather than drawings. So, I photoshopped the kids. I did a lot of pics-a few individual pics of each of the kids but these are the some of the pics I have all of them in.

This one was from the first book:

This is from the second book:

You can see how the kids grew and we added to the clan. I took ALL the pics-the backgrounds, the wings (from butterflies pics) and of course the kids. The last one they posed for me knowing they were going to be fairies. The first one they didn't know.

Side note: I did another book for them called "Finding Yourself" which I am very proud of. I had some of my pics with their pics hidden somewhere in it. There were hidden in pics of Mount Rushmore, The Grand Canyon, even on the moon. Again, I didn't mean to turn this garden through into my photo thread.

Cat

Those are great Cat!!! You have a large family. Bet they will treasure their books always. They can pass them down to their own children. You're very talented. All the pics you are posting have to do with Pagan Gardening. Insects are important to the garden and many of us like Faeries, some of us going so far as to reserve a place for them in our gardens. So no worries

Old 08-16-2019, 01:23 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Those are great Cat!!! You have a large family. Bet they will treasure their books always. They can pass them down to their own children. You're very talented. All the pics you are posting have to do with Pagan Gardening. Insects are important to the garden and many of us like Faeries, some of us going so far as to reserve a place for them in our gardens. So no worries
Thank you. It is cool to have 8 grandkids when I never had any kids of my own. I THINK the kids like the books but I haven't gotten too much feedback from them. I know the younger ones are really too young but the older ones requested the sequel.

Cat

Old 09-16-2019, 10:14 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
I don't know if it's specifically a Pagan thing but I make an effort to incorporate as many native plants in my landscape as possible. If I have a choice between dead nettle or Canadian ginger to use as a shady groundcover, I'm going with the ginger. Most of the foreign plants, like my Kenyan stapelias and Amazonian begonias, are inside in pots. Of course I grow catnip for the kittehs and keep scoping for a good place to plant a yellow apple tree -- even native crabapples come in yellow, which is the closest we Discordians can come to the golden kind. I keep trying to raise okra, whose pods slice into little pentagons. The Stapelia flowers at least are just about universally pentagonal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism