Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 06:45 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times

Advertisements

This one stopped me in my tracks. It was on a cooking show and the host was asking the contestants what their version of Hell was.

I don't have a version of Hell. I don't have the concept of Hell. It's not part of my religion. I couldn't think of how I would answer that question.

The contestants were coming up with joke answers, but I was honestly completely blank.

How would you answer the question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 06:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
There's more than one version, depending on one's situation. But here's one wherein I see some people trapped: living with regret.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:33 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
This one stopped me in my tracks. It was on a cooking show and the host was asking the contestants what their version of Hell was.

I don't have a version of Hell. I don't have the concept of Hell. It's not part of my religion. I couldn't think of how I would answer that question.

The contestants were coming up with joke answers, but I was honestly completely blank.

I really couldn't, either. It's not something I believe in any longer. Of course, there are depictions in both christianity and Buddhism, but I don't buy into either.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:36 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Don't believe in any sort of hell other than as an expression of what we may experience while living.

Weird question for a cooking show.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:55 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,176,598 times
Quote:

It is just a part of the afterlife. I see it kind of like Swedenborg did. Like chooses like.

Old 10-31-2020, 12:54 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
..........Weird question for a cooking show.
Not totally weird, it was one of those Halloween specials making scary cakes. People were taking it like a joke, not being philosophical. Still, I came up totally bank about how I would answer that question if anyone asked me.

It strikes me as something that isn't suitable to joke around about, and I generally have a wacko sense of humor.

Old 10-31-2020, 03:56 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Not totally weird, it was one of those Halloween specials making scary cakes. People were taking it like a joke, not being philosophical. Still, I came up totally bank about how I would answer that question if anyone asked me.

It strikes me as something that isn't suitable to joke around about, and I generally have a wacko sense of humor.
Well once upon a time it could have been funny, I.e., having to listen to stairway to heaven over and over again for all eternity or watch Jim Carrey in anything but these days just getting through each day is a challenge, so not a lot of room left over for humor.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:50 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
There is no hell in paganism. If you can travel the etherial, you might find places like it, but there isn't one.

I have had a taste of your hell, Hanna. I was security at a senior/handicapped living place and one day somebody was playing stairway to heaven on repeat, really loud, so loud it bounced off all three high rises and you couldn't pin down the location... on repeat. It was playing before my shift and played through my shift. I wanted to die every time I went outside or both vestibule doors were open.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:38 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
There is no hell in paganism. If you can travel the etherial, you might find places like it, but there isn't one.

I have had a taste of your hell, Hanna. I was security at a senior/handicapped living place and one day somebody was playing stairway to heaven on repeat, really loud, so loud it bounced off all three high rises and you couldn't pin down the location... on repeat. It was playing before my shift and played through my shift. I wanted to die every time I went outside or both vestibule doors were open.
Sorry, but I laughed.

It could have been worse. It could have been Achy Breaky Heart.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:40 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sorry, but I laughed.

It could have been worse. It could have been Achy Breaky Heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism