Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 05:16 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times

Advertisements

Please post any new year traditions that you follow.

I clean my house New Year's Day, and take a bath with Epsom salts, lavender, and Seven Day Holy Oil.
Not sure of the ingredients, I picked it up at a metaphysical shop in W. Virginia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 08:46 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,231,767 times
I'm more aligned with the ancient pagan holidays..the solstices and midpoints of the seasons and celebrate those.

For New Year's tradition I do start the year off with a new calendar, new journal books and a celtic cross tarot reading for the year.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:26 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
Well my GF is a woman of faith so I generally can't get my full blown Pagan mojo going (no pentagram winter wreaths, etc.) But I generally keep a resolution to spend more time outdoors, increase the size of my compost pile, do more hiking/connect with animals/etc.

I embrace the winter months in which the new year falls (at least here in the northeast). One tradition I would like to adopt is to discover new sources of Pagan knowledge and spirituality, some great Youtube channels out there....

Old 01-02-2022, 05:23 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times
Not pagan necessarily, but I love the tradition.

"A bayberry candle that's burned to the socket, brings joy to the heart and gold to the pocket."

This year I did one for my son and his wife, too.

Attached Thumbnails
Pagan New Year traditions.-bayberry-candles-smaller.jpg  

Old 01-04-2023, 02:41 PM

39 posts, read 20,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Please post any new year traditions that you follow.

I clean my house New Year's Day, and take a bath with Epsom salts, lavender, and Seven Day Holy Oil.
Not sure of the ingredients, I picked it up at a metaphysical shop in W. Virginia.
Holy oil is good, what determines the success of these instruments of purification are actions and steps you take. All the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism