Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 06:02 AM

12,033 posts, read 6,563,490 times

Advertisements

I’ve always been attracted to the art on Tarot cards but am embarrassingly ignorant on the spiritual side to Tarot.
I grew up thinking Tarot was just a secular parlor game a little more sophisticated than a ouija board.
But having read some on it over the years, I saw there is also a spiritual and mystical side to it.
Does it work like religion —if so, what are he religious dimensions of it?
Where do players feel the answers come from — the spiritual world?
Or is it mostly played just for fun and entertainment?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 10:34 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’ve always been attracted to the art on Tarot cards but am embarrassingly ignorant on the spiritual side to Tarot.
I grew up thinking Tarot was just a secular parlor game a little more sophisticated than a ouija board.
But having read some on it over the years, I saw there is also a spiritual and mystical side to it.
Does it work like religion —if so, what are he religious dimensions of it?
Where do players feel the answers come from — the spiritual world?
Or is it mostly played just for fun and entertainment?
Thanks!
No, the information comes from your own (or whoever is reading the cards') sense of intuition. The cards are just a visual tool that help you focus. There's no magic or good or evil in the cards themselves. In fact, the person with whom I took a basic Tarot class a few years ago was a fairly well-known psychic and he made that point explicitly clear at the beginning of the class. The cards are a tool for use with one's natural intuition.

Many people I know who use Tarot or get readings are also religious in some way.

It can also be, in my experience, a way to bring to the surface something you may also know inside yourself but lurks in your subconscious, not in the forefront of your mind.

Old 12-28-2023, 06:38 AM

12,033 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Interesting MQ — sounds like Tarot reading would be as helpful and way less expensive than a shrink for
solving some personal problems and enquiries.

I asked because often you see the word “spiritual” written or talked about in Tarot articles.

Old 12-28-2023, 09:26 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, the information comes from your own (or whoever is reading the cards') sense of intuition. The cards are just a visual tool that help you focus. There's no magic or good or evil in the cards themselves. In fact, the person with whom I took a basic Tarot class a few years ago was a fairly well-known psychic and he made that point explicitly clear at the beginning of the class. The cards are a tool for use with one's natural intuition.

Many people I know who use Tarot or get readings are also religious in some way.

It can also be, in my experience, a way to bring to the surface something you may also know inside yourself but lurks in your subconscious, not in the forefront of your mind.
Agree with this. Some readers do tap in to what they feel is their spiritual guides, and if that is their truth, I can't criticize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism