Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 06:57 PM
Status: "Happy Memorial Day to all who served." (set 3 days ago)

24,162 posts, read 32,668,380 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Unexplained Phenomenon forum, so Mods feel free to move it as you see fit.

A little background. My new to me house was built in 1968 by an architect and contractor for his family, his wife, three children, and there is a guest room that was for his mother who visited frequently from New Jersey. As you might expect, his energy, which is strong and positive, can be felt in the house. He really put his heart into this endeavor.

The neighbor behind the fance in my backyard, told me that there have been two deaths in this house - the owner builder, and his mother. That never bothers me because the house is over 40 years old. it's normal.

Deaths only bother me if they are violent, involve suicide or a drug overdose. That isn't the case.

The first weekend that we spent here was Easter. All quiet and peaceful.

On Mother's Day my son was visiting. We smelled cigarette smoke intermitantly, all weekend. none of us are smokers. It would just come and go.

THIS was weird. On Sunday morning, when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed a blue and white men's bathrobe hanging from the hook on the inside of the bathroom door. I knew it wasn't my husband's. My son does not normally wear robes, he just puts on a tee shirt and jeans in the morning. He had never seen it in his life.

Other objects that showed up since then, are a Philips head screwdriver on the staircase, a package of brown, foreign cigarettes - like Dutch Masters with a plastic tip. (Do they even make those anymore?) women's size eight slippers in light blue leather that appeared in my closet - not mine, a compact, which like the slippers, seemed to be from the last century. Coins constantly turn up - mostly from the 60s and 70s.

We have not done much remodeling, with the exception of removing thread-bare carpet from the stairs and replacing it with and Oriental runner.

We do plan to paint, and change out the first floor vanity in the powder room.

What would you do? I'm not upset, I just find it interesting and curious. I have spoken to the builder of the house, and thanked him for building such a beautiful home. I have also told the house how much I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2024, 09:27 PM

7,022 posts, read 6,947,912 times
I think what you have done by acknowledging the effort which was put into designing and building the house, is the right thing to do. Maybe in your quiet moments, try to reach out to the one who is still there and explain they dont have to stay there - if they dont want to.
Perhaps just carry on as you are and make sure there are flowers, good vibes, open windows when you can, crystals, etc as far as possible in the house. Talk to them too, explain when you need to do redecorating, new curtains, etc. You sound as if you dont mind sharing your house too much so you probably have the right attitude.

Old 05-25-2024, 08:19 AM

88,883 posts, read 85,381,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Unexplained Phenomenon forum, so Mods feel free to move it as you see fit.

A little background. My new to me house was built in 1968 by an architect and contractor for his family, his wife, three children, and there is a guest room that was for his mother who visited frequently from New Jersey. As you might expect, his energy, which is strong and positive, can be felt in the house. He really put his heart into this endeavor.

The neighbor behind the fance in my backyard, told me that there have been two deaths in this house - the owner builder, and his mother. That never bothers me because the house is over 40 years old. it's normal.

Deaths only bother me if they are violent, involve suicide or a drug overdose. That isn't the case.

The first weekend that we spent here was Easter. All quiet and peaceful.

On Mother's Day my son was visiting. We smelled cigarette smoke intermitantly, all weekend. none of us are smokers. It would just come and go.

THIS was weird. On Sunday morning, when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed a blue and white men's bathrobe hanging from the hook on the inside of the bathroom door. I knew it wasn't my husband's. My son does not normally wear robes, he just puts on a tee shirt and jeans in the morning. He had never seen it in his life.

Other objects that showed up since then, are a Philips head screwdriver on the staircase, a package of brown, foreign cigarettes - like Dutch Masters with a plastic tip. (Do they even make those anymore?) women's size eight slippers in light blue leather that appeared in my closet - not mine, a compact, which like the slippers, seemed to be from the last century. Coins constantly turn up - mostly from the 60s and 70s.

We have not done much remodeling, with the exception of removing thread-bare carpet from the stairs and replacing it with and Oriental runner.

We do plan to paint, and change out the first floor vanity in the powder room.

What would you do? I'm not upset, I just find it interesting and curious. I have spoken to the builder of the house, and thanked him for building such a beautiful home. I have also told the house how much I appreciate it.
I think they are gifts, friendly messages, a pleased acknowledgement of what you said and feel about the house.

No, this will not be moved. I think it belongs here.

Best wishes in your new home!

Old 05-25-2024, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think they are gifts, friendly messages, a pleased acknowledgement of what you said and feel about the house.

No, this will not be moved. I think it belongs here.

Best wishes in your new home!
Thank you MQ and ocupaul. I think it belongs here too. I believe there are house spirits, and nothing that happened was at all frightening.

I spoke to the seller of the house today on Facebook. As it turns out, she is very interested in "these things" also. She told me that contrary to what my neighbor said, neither her father or grandmother died inside the house. She is about my age, and lived here until she was 18, and again, in her early 30s with her daughter after her divorce.

We are getting together this week. She has some pictures she wants to show me of the house as it was being built, her siblings and herself growing up here, and the way the kitchen looked before it was remodeled in 2015.

For me, as a partial Spiritualist, it proves that not everything that is supernatural, is scary or evil. Sometimes those who have passed on can bring people together.

We have so much in common it's uncanny! She was born in NYC as I was. There is so much more. She was hoping for someone who would love and appreciate the house, as her family did. A few deals fell through for her. More than a few for us.

I feel at home.

ETA - YES - her dad smoked Dutch Masters with the plastic tips!

Old 05-26-2024, 10:12 PM

Maybe I spoke to seen. Tonight in my bedroom I was changing clothes and I heard a lascivious wolf whistle. Think old cartoons. It wasn't a man. It was or sounded recorded. And a perfect whistle. It was funny, but creepy. I am going to speak to the seller tomorrow.

Old 05-27-2024, 01:34 AM

7,022 posts, read 6,947,912 times
Dont forget too that wood and other fabrics can absorb smoke and the smell can emerge years or decades later - depending on the atmospheric conditions.

Old 05-27-2024, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Dont forget too that wood and other fabrics can absorb smoke and the smell can emerge years or decades later - depending on the atmospheric conditions.
True. But not wolf whistles!

Old 05-28-2024, 04:30 PM

64,075 posts, read 40,356,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Maybe I spoke to seen. Tonight in my bedroom I was changing clothes and I heard a lascivious wolf whistle. Think old cartoons. It wasn't a man. It was or sounded recorded. And a perfect whistle. It was funny, but creepy. I am going to speak to the seller tomorrow.
You should have the house scanned for bugs (of the electronic kind), IMO.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM

22,796 posts, read 19,402,388 times
If it was me i would want to find out if the two deaths actually occurred in the home or not. That is significant. If the neighbor is lying about that, it may be just "forgetfulness" or it may be her trying to unsettle you or upset you or just stir the pot and create drama. if it is the real estate agent that is withholding that information or not conveying it to you correctly, then that too speaks to a less than honest intent.

The deceased individuals, whether they died in the house or not, could still be attached to it. Be honest with yourself too and decide if you want this stuff to continue (for any reason, including you think it is "cool" or has some element of cachet) or if you want it to stop. That is important for you to determine with 100% honesty. If you want intruders gone, then start doing space clearing. And keep doing space clearing.

If your own efforts are not enough, then hire someone else who does space clearing. But at least learn how to clear rooms and clear space yourself. That this series of events is happening in your life, is a call to see how you respond to it and what direction you go with it. if it was me i would not want uninvited anything in my home or space without my invitation or permission. Whether they are in physical form or not. And have the house checked for cameras that have been installed to watch you, and listening devices planted.

If physical objects are appearing that are not yours, then someone is getting into your space. To me, that is not OK, it is intrusive, and i would not want it to continue for any reason. Anyone could have keys to the house, anyone could have access to the house including neighbors, real estate agents, visitors, family, friends, anyone else. Have you done things like change all the locks?

If you had to answer in this moment, what would your answer be to: "Do you want this to stop or do you want it to continue?" That is very important for you to be aware of and identify.

I remember one of the homes we bought, an older one from a man who had lived there many many decades with his wife. He was then widowed and had to sell the house. He kept coming over and kept wanting to come in the house and would not leave. This is a living physical person, but it is the same principle you are dealing with. He would come to the property he would try to get in the house he kept trying to get our attention. It was sad but it was NOT welcome. He did not belong there and he needed to leave.

I would not want to get sucked into the family drama of "the seller" and her stories. I would say beware and be cautious. Just like i had no desire to get sucked into the family drama of the man who sold us his house. If something feels creepy then trust your gut. It is creepy. When you override that and willingly continue with and give the green light to creepy situations....then rest assured the outcome is creepy. It sounds like the daughter and her "stories" are bad news. But that is for you to determine.

I question the intention of any one who sells something and then wants to have any kind of "personal relationship" with the buyer, whether that is a car or a house or a piece of property. Red flag. BIG red flag. And if she was attached to the house and "interested in that stuff" then hey she could have should have kept the house. She did not. She sold the house. She "loved the house" but not enough to keep the house. For whatever reason she wanted out and she got out.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Yesterday at 09:05 AM..

Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM

22,796 posts, read 19,402,388 times
And also find out why many buyers are walking away from the house and deals are falling through.
That is another red flag.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Yesterday at 08:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism