Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:26 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I said nothing to her.
All the poor woman was doing was responding to your comment to her...what should she have said? Were you really expecting her to say "oh no! She's such a cute little chatterbox - how lucky you must be!" Yes, that might have been a nicer thing to say but then you're the one who brought up that she even drives YOU crazy....I'm really not getting why this is such a huge deal.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
What you are all forgetting here is that I did not say anything back to the woman. If I wanted to be immature I would have replied: "No. I'd rather have a child who speaks well than a kid no one can understand."I did not say that as it would HURT her feelings. YOU were not in the room and did not see her body language when she said it. It bothered me and I felt insulted. THAT'S ALL. I bet you half the posts from the people who are attacking me as if I have killed someone are from parents whose children were either late talkers or had speech problems and you are taking it out on me.
Right. We're ALL wrong, and you are right. No chance you are being overly sensitive, over analyzing, or looking for a opportunity to brag about your "chatterbox".

It IS hard to tell what actually happened w/o being there. Perhaps the other mom was a little rude. But perhaps your daughter was being annoying and hurt the other mom's and kid's feelings. Because you are the adult, and you did not address the issue, it falls on you.

If you are in these situations often, where you think other adults are being rude, maybe you need to look at yourself and your family and try to see how you appear to others. "She's only 2" or "He's only 3 1/2" will not be excuses forever. Kids need to be taught how to behave and how to treat other people.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:31 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
All the poor woman was doing was responding to your comment to her...what should she have said? Were you really expecting her to say "oh no! She's such a cute little chatterbox - how lucky you must be!" Yes, that might have been a nicer thing to say but then you're the one who brought up that she even drives YOU crazy....I'm really not getting why this is such a huge deal.

I jokingly said she drives me crazy

Old 06-18-2010, 08:32 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Quote:
What you are all forgetting here is that I did not say anything back to the woman. If I wanted to be immature I would have replied: "No. I'd rather have a child who speaks well than a kid no one can understand."I did not say that as it would HURT her feelings. YOU were not in the room and did not see her body language when she said it. It bothered me and I felt insulted. THAT'S ALL. I bet you half the posts from the people who are attacking me as if I have killed someone are from parents whose children were either late talkers or had speech problems and you are taking it out on me.
My post was not an attack, hopefully you didn't read something into that was not there.

I have 4 kids and none of them were late talkers nor had any speech problems. Mine were very early talkers, quite in depth talkers actually.

I've been an early childhood educator for 20 years and simply wanted to add some pertinent info to the mix, that yes indeed 2 yr olds can and do begin to learn empathy. Notice I didn't remark as to whether you were right or wrong in the situation as I don't really care about that part. However I do care that parents so often seem to think young children can't learn or do things that they are most certainly capable of learning or doing. Therefore my remarks were geared towards that.

Of course if a parent hasn't begun to teach these things, or if a child isn't quite there developmentally individually, then they probably won't understand just yet. However, an intelligent well versed child should have no problem understanding when taught.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I jokingly said she drives me crazy
So she was jokingly agreeing with you!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
So she was jokingly agreeing with you!

If you are going to jokingly say things you will have to expect that so will other people. Who knows whether she was joking or not - she may be wondering the same about you. Stop analyzing it. It will not accomplish anything unless you are trying to look into your own behavior because you have no control over anyone elses.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Right. We're ALL wrong, and you are right. No chance you are being overly sensitive, over analyzing, or looking for a opportunity to brag about your "chatterbox".

It IS hard to tell what actually happened w/o being there. Perhaps the other mom was a little rude. But perhaps your daughter was being annoying and hurt the other mom's and kid's feelings. Because you are the adult, and you did not address the issue, it falls on you.

If you are in these situations often, where you think other adults are being rude, maybe you need to look at yourself and your family and try to see how you appear to others. "She's only 2" or "He's only 3 1/2" will not be excuses forever. Kids need to be taught how to behave and how to treat other people.

I was not bragging about her. I don't know why I keep responding to you. You're just doing this to be argumentative. Congratulations you are now on my ignore list. You are soooooooooo extremely annoying. You need to learn when to quit badgering me. Also I'm not going to see your replies anymore as you are going on my ignore list. My ignore list is reserved for people I don't want to talk to on this forum or in real life for that matter.
Why don't you take a good hard look at yourself and try to figure out why you find it so fun to critize me. There must be something you are lacking in your own life.
I wish your parents had taught you how not to be so annoying.

Last edited by KylieEve; 06-18-2010 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: .

Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I was not bragging about her. I don't know why I keep responding to you. You're just doing this to be argumentative. Congratulations you are now on my ignore list. You are soooooooooo extremely annoying. You need to learn when to quit badgering me. Also I'm not going to see your replies anymore as you are going on my ignore list. My ignore list is reserved for people I don't want to talk to on this forum or in real life for that matter.
Why don't you take a good hard look at yourself and try to figure out why you find it so fun to critize me. There must be something you are lacking in your own life.
I wish your parents had taught you how not to be so annoying.
what are you? 12?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:45 PM

I don't know why you keep responding rbk0305 since you're just trying to get to me. I honestly don't see your replies you're on my ignore list. All I see is your name in blue and NOTHING underneath it. Just the way I like it.

Have a nice day and quit wasting your time.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:45 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
I don't know why you keep responding rbk0305 since you're just trying to get to me. I honestly don't see your replies you're on my ignore list. All I see is your name in blue and NOTHING underneath it. Just the way I like it.

Have a nice day and quit wasting your time.
Translation: *hands over ears* lalalala I can't hear you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting