Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you let her attend the "pit party"?
No, absolutely not. How irresponsible! 89 82.41%
Yes, but she would not be allowed to drink. 14 12.96%
Yes, I would let her drink, but not get drunk 5 4.63%
Yes, I would let her get drunk, kids will be kids 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 808 times

Advertisements

i allways let my Son go to pit parttys when he was 16, i even bought him alcohol. i rather know where he was, and what he was drinking. Even if you dont allow your kids to go to partty's, some might obey, but most will go any way, and get very drunk.....by letting my son go he gets to have fun and talk to his buddies, but i also can limite his alcohol intake. i beleive that doing this and being close to my son he is alot more tame, then most people are when the grow up, and have never experianced alcohol. drinking age in alberta is 18 anyway, so its very easy for your kid to get a pull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 04:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Well, I voted yes, let her go...I know, all the "dangers" and things that "could" happen...but I went to those parties at her age...and had a great time. My daughter and sons went to those parties in high school, and had cell phones to call Mama if they needed a ride home, or got into trouble. Are they legal, no...will she go when she is 18, probably...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting