Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 PM

13 posts, read 14,497 times

Advertisements

Please if anyone has advice I would most appreciate it.
I am from Michigan and my divorce was final on May 4th 2009. I have joint custody but my girl’s dad is the custodial parent, only because my jobs are away from home so I never fought for custody. If I new then what I know now then I would of never done that I thought no matter what the girls would always come first, but no his hatred towards me has clouded his mind he drinks takes anti depressants and has even told me vicidin to just get through the day. My girls want out of his house they say he has called them retarded told my 10 year old she was an anchor and my 16 year old said he has even said they are a burden and constantly calls her a stupid teenage ***** .And is constantly telling the girls that I am a compulsive liar. It breaks my heart. I have contacted friend of court, a lawyer and they all say unless some one backs up my girls claims like a teacher or counselor then I may not have a leg to stand on. I was on a 7 month job out of town and had to take him to court just so my parents could take my girls to the airport to be with me he is a scum. I have left my girls in a lions den he has made threats to my 16 year old that if I ever get custody of them then they would have to suffer the consciences of his actions. I pay his house payment for child support its $1108.00 a month I also pay the girls phone service there school lunches buy there school clothes, my older daughters horse board and car insurence when they ask him for anything he says ask your mom. My 16 year old begs me every day to get her out of there she will be 17 in October but it don’t matter the Michigan law is 18. Does anyone no anyone I can talk to help get them girls out any suggestions I need advice. I am a great mom I Love them girls with all my heart and they are so great but he is mentally messing them up. Just so no one thinks I’m a compulsive liar I left him cause of many years of him accusing me for nothing and he burned and destroyed a bunch of my stuff so I filed for divorce. Now I feel terrible to have left them girls behind and can't get them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 02:41 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Tell them to talk to the school counselor for right now I would call cps and report what you know . Do you know any of the neighbors who dislike him ? are you friendly with any of them ? Have the girls tell them what is going on surely after hearing this stuff , what parent or adult could sit by and let this go on ? If I heard something said to a teenager like that I would be calling so fast and by him not providing for them and leaving it all on you I would think he is not living up to his end as a father . I hope you get all of this straightened out . Does he abuse drugs ? does he constantly take prescription drugs ? These are things that a cps worker and a judge for the family court would find rather interesting .

Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 PM

I appreciate your response and I will definatly contact CPS. My older daughter did talk to the school counsler and so did I but he played it off as her just being a teen and told her that he had a very strict father and told her that he was glad now that his father was that way it seems people turn a deaf ear on kids. I have talked to friend of court and they look at me like I have two heads. It is very frustrating. Yes I know for a fact there dad drinks heavily and as far as drug abuse I do believe he does. He swears all the time and does not even care that they are in ear shot. I am also scared of what he may do if I were to get custody of the girls. But thanks again. I will do what I can..

Old 07-05-2010, 05:32 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,558,304 times
I think I know why this thread isn't getting a lot of responses. I mean, really? He was a compulsive liar and burnt your stuff and you didn't even fight for custody? I'm not going to say anymore.

Hope you get it all worked out tho.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:23 PM

My job sends me all over. My lawyer said I would not get custody doing that job. As you know jobs are few and far between. My bills are over $3000.00 a month . I got to work so I can provide for my kids because obviosly he wont. I really think if I was able to have taken the kids from the start he would of snapped and I think someday he still will. My lawyer even said he dont know how I stayed as long as I did when he met him. Yes I messed up and thank you for pointing it out, but seriously I never thought in a million years he would turn on the kids.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagmac1016 View Post
My job sends me all over. My lawyer said I would not get custody doing that job. As you know jobs are few and far between. My bills are over $3000.00 a month . I got to work so I can provide for my kids because obviosly he wont. I really think if I was able to have taken the kids from the start he would of snapped and I think someday he still will. My lawyer even said he dont know how I stayed as long as I did when he met him. Yes I messed up and thank you for pointing it out, but seriously I never thought in a million years he would turn on the kids.
Abusers are abusers and most men who are abusive to their wives become abusive to their children eventually. Most women who are abusive to husbands do the same.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,984,767 times
Ask your lawyer if you were to get another job, would it make a difference now with the custody issue.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 PM

137 posts, read 503,387 times
Quote:
because my jobs are away from home so I never fought for custody.
I got as far as this line right here and checked out......

Kinda makes me wonder what in your life is worth fighting for...

Quote:
Just so no one thinks I’m a compulsive liar I left him cause of many years of him accusing me for nothing and he burned and destroyed a bunch of my stuff so I filed for divorce.
So he burned your crap, you knew this and still did not fight for custody....and now you have remorse?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:59 PM

OK I understand the critisism from everyone on the outside looking in but you dont have a clue... I just was hoping somebody would know of a lawyer, counsler or someone who I could talk to too get them out I have been fighting this for over a year with tons of regrets and no help, but through the divorce I got screwed over with all the bills he got everything else . I didn't force the sale of the home because I didn't want to mess them up any more , I pay my daughters horse board, phone bill,car insurence, school clothes and have even taken them over food while he was at work. I JUST WANTED OUT and I cant afford not to work. jobs locally are few and far between to pay my bills. I blew off his fit of rage on me as a fit of rage because I was divorcing him.,but as I said I didn't think he would ever treat the girls bad.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM

382 posts, read 303,044 times
CPS will just make things worse. Those people are the farthest thing from a friend you want. Thieves.Liars the whole lot of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting