Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:07 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,703,289 times

Advertisements

I haven't read all the posts but if you have been trying the potty training for months now, then it seems your daughter is not ready to go through it. Rather than getting all frustrated with her, just let it go, for now.
I started my daughter at 24 months and tried it for two days...got frustrated so let it go. It was too early for her so I had to come to grips with that. At the time she had a younger sibling that was 6 months old. I had a lot to juggle.
We revisited at 34 months and voila, she got it over the span of 3 days...fully potty trained, no diapers at all not for naps nor night time. The big thing with my oldest at 24 months was SHE DID NOT UNDERSTAND BEFORE SHE HAD TO GO.
Take a deep breath, hug her hard, and let it go....just for now. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:14 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,920,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I knew my first instincts were right.....
Wrong again.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,325,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Wrong again.

Please if you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread then please leave it open for people who do.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,221,135 times
Check out this forum.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-pspotty

Hope that helps.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Check out this forum.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-pspotty

Hope that helps.
Thanks

Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks
No problem! Click back to the parenting message boards and you'll find threads dealing w/ everything and every age. I started on the 2/3 yr old forum years ago and met some wonderful moms. My dd is now 14 1/2, and I'm still friends w/ 3 moms I met there. We've literally watched our children grow up through emails & pictures and now Facebook.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
No problem! Click back to the parenting message boards and you'll find threads dealing w/ everything and every age. I started on the 2/3 yr old forum years ago and met some wonderful moms. My dd is now 14 1/2, and I'm still friends w/ 3 moms I met there. We've literally watched our children grow up through emails & pictures and now Facebook.

How many kids do you have?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
How many kids do you have?
Just blessed w/ one.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:27 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,920,878 times
Quote:
Please if you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread then please leave it open for people who do.
I made what I thought was a positive contribution. You decided otherwise and called me out on it.

I have raised five children, all boys, all potty trained by me. I helped to potty train two granddaughters. Boys are easier. With some experience in the field, I was willing to attempt helping you find a solution.

Several people have suggested you be patient. Good advice.

Several people have suggested you wait a while and try again. Also, good advice.

Someone suggested you spank her little bottom. Not so good.

I hope when you get her potty trained you'll find this thread and come back to tell everyone which approach you took.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I made what I thought was a positive contribution. You decided otherwise and called me out on it.

I have raised five children, all boys, all potty trained by me. I helped to potty train two granddaughters. Boys are easier. With some experience in the field, I was willing to attempt helping you find a solution.

Several people have suggested you be patient. Good advice.

Several people have suggested you wait a while and try again. Also, good advice.

Someone suggested you spank her little bottom. Not so good.

I hope when you get her potty trained you'll find this thread and come back to tell everyone which approach you took.
I agree with you there. My son was easy to train that's why I am so frustrated now. They say girls are easier but its BS.

Last edited by KylieEve; 07-17-2010 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting