Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I think in this day in age. Abortion really is the last resort. Since Plan B is now sold over the counter there really isn't any reason even if you are in the small percentage that the condom breaks. Condoms usually only break if they are put on incorrectly.

They also fall off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
They also fall off.
AGAIN, the condom will fall off if it's the wrong size. Which AGAIN is the fault of the person putting it on for choosing the wrong size.

The instances of condom breaks when everything is done correctly is STILL very very small.

Also here is an interesting article.

Sex Study: Pull Out Withdrawal Method Rivals Condoms, Better Than No Birth Control - ABC News

I stand by my argument.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
We'd go over every single option and be sure what she wanted. I'd make sure she knew I would be there no matter what.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:22 PM

556 posts, read 798,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affirmed09 View Post
Your 15 yo daughter comes home and tells you she is pregnant.
Her BF is also 15.
They have talked about it and agreed they both want to get an abortion.

What do you do?

*disclaimer - i have no kids, just a hypothetical situation
Take daughter to clinic. Then take daughter to doctor for birth control. Give her a massive butt woopin. Put her on at least a year of lock down punishment. In that order.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM

556 posts, read 798,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
AGAIN, the condom will fall off if it's the wrong size. Which AGAIN is the fault of the person putting it on for choosing the wrong size.

The instances of condom breaks when everything is done correctly is STILL very very small.

Also here is an interesting article.

Sex Study: Pull Out Withdrawal Method Rivals Condoms, Better Than No Birth Control - ABC News

I stand by my argument.

We're talking about 15 year olds. What exactly do they do right? lol

Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Kill the boyfriend slowly in front of the daughter to make certain that it never happens again. Make certain that she will always remember the results and will not do this anymore.

Then I would raise the baby. I do not belive in killing a baby because it is inconvenient. (Boyfriends ae a differnt story. They are vile things that deserve a painful death).

So much for the sanctity of life!

How do you think the parents of the boyfriend will feel? WTH?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 PM

125 posts, read 218,339 times
Default Keep the baby or find a good Open Adoption agency

Mom and dad, if you can see your way at all to keep the baby, do it! One day that baby will be a teenager, then an adult, and the possibilities for a wonderful grandchild are endless!

If you just cannot help your daughter with baby/child care, look for an open adoption agency. Your daughter can deliver the baby in the hospital in the normal manner, with the adoptive parents standing by at delivery time. Right up until delivery and formal adoption, daughter holds most of the cards regarding the adoption. She alone chooses the adoptive parents, and she can set parameters for future interaction with the adoptive parents. Daughter can see or not see the baby at birth- it's up to her, but she will have the right to always know where the adoptive parents and child are located- provided she makes that agreement with the adoptive parents through the agency.

The baby will have two family sets; very little contact with your daughter, but always knowing his/her heritage. I have seen this work! Caring people can find ways to help the child have a wonderful life. Encourage your daughter to do Open Adoption.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:49 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsight View Post
Mom and dad, if you can see your way at all to keep the baby, do it! One day that baby will be a teenager, then an adult, and the possibilities for a wonderful grandchild are endless!

If you just cannot help your daughter with baby/child care, look for an open adoption agency. Your daughter can deliver the baby in the hospital in the normal manner, with the adoptive parents standing by at delivery time. Right up until delivery and formal adoption, daughter holds most of the cards regarding the adoption. She alone chooses the adoptive parents, and she can set parameters for future interaction with the adoptive parents. Daughter can see or not see the baby at birth- it's up to her, but she will have the right to always know where the adoptive parents and child are located- provided she makes that agreement with the adoptive parents through the agency.

The baby will have two family sets; very little contact with your daughter, but always knowing his/her heritage. I have seen this work! Caring people can find ways to help the child have a wonderful life. Encourage your daughter to do Open Adoption.
"clearsight" is a good user name for you.

Nice, logical approach.

Personally, I'd weigh the options. There are some 15 year old females who are mature enough, both physically and mentally/emotionally to handle a preganancy and some who are not.

If the daughter could handle the pregnancy on all fronts, then the option mentioned above is a beautiful and loving choice.

All of the "grandparents" who want to swoop in? Sorry, but not a fan.
Can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems overbearing, controlling and just a touch....incestuous.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affirmed09 View Post
Your 15 yo daughter comes home and tells you she is pregnant.
Her BF is also 15.
They have talked about it and agreed they both want to get an abortion.

What do you do?

*disclaimer - i have no kids, just a hypothetical situation

I'd first have to question what I did so wrong as a parent if my 15 year old came home and told me she was pregnant. There just is no excuse for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting