Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 AM

556 posts, read 798,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconzemius View Post
With all due respect, and just because I'm curious, I wonder what a stay at home mother does during the times her children are in school (not being run around to dance, football, etc..) and the husband does at least 1/2 the cleaning?? I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just curious. I have never really understood the need for a mother to be an at home mother once the kids are all in school. It seems I have found some people who can answer this for me. Thanks!
I don't know yet! lol. I have also wondered that at times. Once ALL the kids are in school I think the household chores will be tackled much more easily and quickly for me!

Sometimes I get into it with my sister (who works) because she always putting me down in a way for being a SAHM. She's always saying how lucky I am and that she has it soo much harder than me. Up untill 3 weeks ago she had 1 child who is 14 (she did just have a new baby 6 weeks ago). I tell her there are pros and cons for each of us. I get to stay home, but that's all I get to STAY HOME! There's no daily $5 lattes for me, no lunches out, no nights out with friends because we can't afford a lot on 1 income. When she complains about household chores i tell her that her PRO is when she leaves the house at 8am and comes back at 5 it's just how she left it! Where as when I clean one room and move to the next I have bam bam and bam bam2 behind me wrecking what I just did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
[quote=Magritte25;15286625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post

I shouldn't have become a parent, but I am one now. What should I do with my kids? Give 'em away?
Nope, you made your bed, so lay in it.

I said, some people don't sit and think about becoming a parent.

My exhubs is a great dad. I thought about having a child with him...almost. It wasn't worth it for me.

If you didn't want to become a parent, why did you??

Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
[quote=Childfree35;15298865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

My exhubs is a great dad. I thought about having a child with him...almost. It wasn't worth it for me.

please... no one knows what being a parent will be like before they become one. If you had step children, you might have had a little bit of an idea. I didn't. You sure have strong opinions for someone who doesn't even have kids.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:26 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Lots of women aren't into cleaning. Guess it is wise to check all that out while you are dating if it is going to be an issue with you later. It is these odd things we don't make sure are in place before we pick a mate. It happens all the time.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
[quote=rkb0305;15299146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post

You sure have strong opinions for someone who doesn't even have kids.
You don't know what my experiences are, rkb.

I do have strong opinions, like some people toward childfree people.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
[quote=Childfree35;15298865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

I wasn't 100% serious. Should have made that more obvious....

Old 08-02-2010, 05:17 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
[quote=Childfree35;15300275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

Like what?

Foster parenting?

Teaching?

Mentoring?

Big Brother/Big Sister?

What?

And yes, there are times when I think I shouldn't have become a parent but that doesn't mean it's true.

I'm just curious when you say "You shouldn't have become a parent" what you think people should do with their kids???

Old 08-02-2010, 05:31 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,145 times
i am very furious about such women like yours...it was her decision to put 3 children in the world!!!did she think it is a piece of cake????i see soo many american women who can not afford their children,neither emotionally nor financially...she is not capable of 3 children,is my opinion...it is absolutely unfair to expect you to work at home after you work soo hard..it is not acceptable to neglect her children this way and sleep late and watch movies and so on...she must set her priorities...her children come first...do not tolerate such a behaviour...i am a woman and i can not understand,how soo many american women can live in such miserable households,neglect their children,husbands and households this way..i like american men,i married one and i think they are great husbands,provide diligent for their familly,while many wives have the lala life,being lazy,doing not much and neglect children and husbands...european men are very clean and would kick them in the back part...hier around 50.60 percent are stay at homes mothers..and i think 75 of their household are miserable...dirty!!for me as german,who loves clean houses,disguesting...i swear i have never seen in my life such dirty households like in usa..messy households...and they do not even bother...a neighborh invited me over..offered me cakes..i refused,was too dirty ...her kitchen and her household..4 children ...totally overhelmed..i have no pitty..nobody forced her to put so many children in the world...chidlren are stress...make them,if you are capable tp raise them in decent conditions!!

communication is important,talk with her...if she does not improve,you are better of with somebody who is on the same page with you,who works together with you to have a happy familly,a nice household and come forward in life..with laziness you do not come forward...sorry my opinion..there are women outside,sole mothers with children..find a diligent one...you are better off..a lazy sack you do not need to carry on your back..shame on her!.divorce and marry an european..better an east european with kid too..the best ,most dilligent women in europe..they can cook great,clean greta their house,take care of hubby and children and are educated and smart in addition...they work all day long 2jobs if needed plus husby and children..very diligent women..

Last edited by Buburuza13; 08-02-2010 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,973 times
She didn't make those three children by herself. It's been a while since I studied biology, but I'm fairly sure that act involves a penis.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
[quote=Childfree35;15300275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

only when they offer advice in the PARENTING forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting