Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 06:02 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,963,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne72856 View Post
amen my husband has to pay for a child that exgirlfriend just had to have. didn't talk about it or discuss having children she wanted a child and my husband was the next sucker in line. (she has a second child by another poor bastard) so two illegitimate two different men also, both children have her last name not the fathers. but, didn't stop her from getting child support lucky we don't have to pay much 200 a month no health insurance either thank goodness. 8 more years 8 more years.
when you make someone pay when they didn't want it or plan for it...it's robbery in my opinion
MB
this is why they invented condoms, if you dont want the child you have to use protection, and as in this case some women cant be trusted, if you think you can not trust her to use some form of birth control pill herself, or if she downright refuses for one reason or another, thats why they invented the little latex cover for your own personal area, child support is something you just have to take into account if you choose to have unprotected sex, yes it is unfortunant that your husband was suckered into it, but he still went thru the motions and therefore is responsible for said outcome

in agreement with most of the posters here, yes it can be and IS very expensive to raise a child, even with help from wic or welfare, babies need alot of diapers, baby food, formula, and clothes, my wife and my son outgrows his clothes about every 2 months, and even at stores like Dollar General a set of clothes can still be $10 for both shirt and pants

Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne72856 View Post
amen my husband has to pay for a child that exgirlfriend just had to have. didn't talk about it or discuss having children she wanted a child and my husband was the next sucker in line. (she has a second child by another poor bastard) so two illegitimate two different men also, both children have her last name not the fathers. but, didn't stop her from getting child support lucky we don't have to pay much 200 a month no health insurance either thank goodness. 8 more years 8 more years.
when you make someone pay when they didn't want it or plan for it...it's robbery in my opinion
MB
I think it's disgusting that you view it as good that you don't need to provide health insurance for children your husband brought into this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportyourschools View Post
Why didn't your husband take the necessary steps to ensure he didn't get her pregnant? It takes two to tango.
Bingo! It makes me sick when people view the woman as having the sole responsibility for birth control. It's even more dispicable coming from another woman.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,062,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I think it's disgusting that you view it as good that you don't need to provide health insurance for children your husband brought into this world.

Bingo! It makes me sick when people view the woman as having the sole responsibility for birth control. It's even more dispicable coming from another woman.

The problem is this is NOT her children, YET. Does she have kids with the jerk? Probably not. When he leaves her high and dry with a baby or 2 to feed and diaper she will be singing a different song. THEN it will be, "He left me with these babies and I need child support from him!!!"
Never mind how much she has talked ugly about the last woman he did it to. Habits are hard to break...and he has a habit of not supporting his children. At least the one he already has. So be wise, don't have any with him or he won't be wanting to support yours either.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 PM

197 posts, read 548,004 times
Regarless of the MOTHER-or-FATHER...children need child support and health care.....FYI.

CHILDREN ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY AND THIS WORLD!

Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,821,517 times
Children are very expensive little people. It is not their responsibility to prevent pregnancy, pay for their own diapers, food, shelter and necessities of life.

That is the responsibility of their parents'. If someone m/f gets involved in a relationship with a parents who is responsible for child support, that does not mean that the responsibilities should change. The reality is that this child/children was there first. Not you, not your children, and any children you may create together in the future. If someone doesn't want to pay for pre-existing child support for their child/children, don't think they will want to pay for any children you may have together. Don't hate the other parent, don't hate the innocent child.

My husband and I co-parented, and shared custody. We both contributed equally to our child's wellbeing. Anyone coming into the picture understand we had a responsibility to provide for "our" child. This arrangement worked out very well for the benefit of "our" child.

Courts generally determine the amount of child support that a spouse is capable of paying. If a parent doesn't want to pay child support just because he/she doesn't want to or feel like paying, can go back to court and request a variance; but in the meantime that doesn't mean time out from child support. If it means you don't get the new car, holiday with the new girlfriend/boyfriend, house or whatever, oh well. It is not the responsibility of the taxpayer to pickup the slack for a "deadbeat parent", never mind the negative message it sends to that child.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 PM

23 posts, read 34,735 times
I agree with the other poster that 175 a week is too much. His checks are bouncing for a reason he cant afford it. The best bet is to take him to court. They wont garnish his wages nor will his income taxes go towards her for being backed only 5 weeks like hopes suggested. And yes thats something i know for a fact my mom is/was backed 40,000 on child support for me and shes never had that happened. Which now she no longer has to even attempt to pay to me since me and my dad wrote the county and had the debt dropped. Shes also backed on all my brothers not as badly as me.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 AM

197 posts, read 548,004 times
if he is bouncing checks that right there is Illegal. If he can't make the full payment then TRY to send SOMETHING instead of bad checks.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,225,538 times
While the childs basic needs are discussed, you can't forget the big picture. In addition to diapers & formula and daycare, the custodial parent still needs to pay rent, utilities, insurance, car payment, car insurance...all which goes toward supporting the child. I despise parents who pretend that child support all goes to the other parents pleasure.
Really?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:39 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccaaa View Post
I agree with the other poster that 175 a week is too much. His checks are bouncing for a reason he cant afford it. The best bet is to take him to court. They wont garnish his wages nor will his income taxes go towards her for being backed only 5 weeks like hopes suggested. And yes thats something i know for a fact my mom is/was backed 40,000 on child support for me and shes never had that happened. Which now she no longer has to even attempt to pay to me since me and my dad wrote the county and had the debt dropped. Shes also backed on all my brothers not as badly as me.
Depends on the state and how long ago. Some states are really cracking down on dead beat parents. It's likely this occurred prior to crack downs. Perhaps your father didn't try to impose harsh penalties on her. I suspect that's the case since he forgave her debt. He didn't have to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS36BH View Post
if he is bouncing checks that right there is Illegal.
Good point! She could impose civil and criminal action on him.

Massachusetts civil and criminal penalties for bad checks:

Civil: Amount due, costs of suit, protest fees.

Criminal: Up to $300 fine or one year in jail. Up to $600 fine and up to 2 years in jail or up to 5 years in penitentiary.

Bad Check Laws by States-Civil & Criminal Penalties

Old 08-19-2010, 09:46 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,384,900 times
This is a little OT, but contains to CS. Is there a time limit on getting "BACK" child support? My Ex still owes the kids and I back support amount of $9000, but has moved out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.