Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 02:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Remember, those are the same girls who will be dating (going after) your boys. You may soon rethink things .

I was always way more worried about my son ending up being trapped by a sleezy girl than I was about my girl becoming sleezy.

Yes and that scares the hell outta me to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
This was not acceptable 30 years ago, it is way more acceptable now.
30 Years ago it was acceptable to drink and smoke during pregnancy also.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Wow....and you said you were trying to teach your boys respect for women??? I'm having a hard time seeing it.
If a girl acts trampy you can treat her like a tramp.
Because most girls are willing to have sex (at 15 I think that's debatable) you don't have to respect any girls.

Show me where I said I have no respect for any girls? You can't because I didn't say that. I said that if a girl wants to be treated with respect she needs to respect herself.

Did I say I taught my sons that? NO I did not. If you think boys without any help from home don't know the difference you are sadly mistaken.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
True enough. But, we have to know what's going on with both boys and girls these days....and it isn't always pretty on either end!! It might be nice to live with blinders on, thinking it is all the fault of one or the other but that would just be foolishness. I really thought we'd gone beyond that whole "she deserves it because of how she dresses or acts" mentality....but I guess not.

No blinders at all. I also never said anything about how they dress, I said how they ACT. Act respectable and you get respect, pretty simple to understand. Sadly we have parents that do not teach their children this so we get 15 year old flashing their breasts on a street corner.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:02 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I didn't say had more I said have it way easier and with multiple partners. This story 30 years ago those girls would have been labeled tramps and parents would not want their girls near them but now they will be popular from it. It has nothing to do with the internet or the news. This was not acceptable 30 years ago, it is way more acceptable now.
Uhm, it seems to me that the girls are being labeled as "tramps" right now, aren't they? And if a girl who gives a boy a BJ under the stairs is trashy, well then, so is he.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
The male brain releases the same chemical, but it is not necessarily a "bonding" chemical. It's most noted for anxiety-reduction. i.e. feeling calm and relaxed after sex during which orgasm was achieved. It is also associated with orgasm, and I think it's fairly safe to say that teenage girls aren't likely regularly reaching orgasm with their partners !

You've just simply manipulated very speculative medical research into another way of saying "it's all the girl's fault."

If a girl has sex with 5 guys on 5 separate days who's fault is it?

If a girls flashes her breast on a street corner who's fault is it?

If a girl has sex with two guys on the same day who's fault is it?

It is HER fault unless it was rape. On her no one else, she CHOSE to do it.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What's sad, to me, is that so many people still think that boys want it and girls give it. Girls, if they are emotionally healthy, want it too, and think it's fun. And aren't afraid to make their own rules, and flash their breasts if they feel like it, and if it's fun, its OK, and no harm was done.
Oh yes because it is no big deal for a freakin 15 year old to flash her breasts on a street corner.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Boys should be held as accountable as girls. But, face facts,
girls get pregnant, they have more to lose. They have a much
greater risk factor.

"Protection" is 97% effective. If you have 'relations',
every day of the year, you have a really great chance
of getting pregnant 9 or more times a year.

And let's be honest, the boy will most likely bail. It's
back to the girl again. I know an awful lot of grand-
parents raising their second set of children.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:13 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
You never answered my question why does having consensual sex have to be anyones fault?

Unless the girl is hypnotizing the boy he is choosing to do it as well!

Sheesh I used to wonder why some boy moms hated all their sons girlfriends. This has given me a whole new insight.

There are some nice great girls out there. If you keep this mentality up you sons will have a very distorted view of women and might even be afraid to bring a girlfriend home to meet you.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You keep asking where are the parents...
The girls were 15, why would their parents be socializing with them and with them while they were hanging out?

You act as if kids are supposed to be kept under supervision 100% of the time, like parents are supposed to be with them CONSTANTLY.

I was 8-10 when I started going around my neighborhood without my mom.
I was 12 when I started going to the mall/movies with just friends and walking places.
I was 13/14 when my mom started letting me bike places, like around town to my friends houses.
When I was 15 my friends and I went places alone all the time. We'd go all day and not see our parents.

My brother is 16 now and spends almost all day at the skate park from like 10am to 10pm when it closes, he'll come home or my mom or I will run something by but that's about it.

All I know is that by the time I was 15 I knew enough NOT to do something like this because my parents had taught me. No you can't watch them 24/7 but by 15 you should have instilled enough common sense they would not ever think about doing this. This was not cheating on a test or cutting class, it is way more serious then that and tells me that their parents are not paying enough attention to what their kids are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting